O.T. Conference Shuffle ( OU and Texas inquire about joining SEC)

BLIKNS

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Brighton said:

It reeks of cowardice.

And I hope LU football can fill the void left behind by the Rams.

Why would ever want to play a road game against a team that is not good - what is to gain from that.  We struggle upgrading our schedule every year and you want to put another stinker on it - makes no sense.  The Missouri issue is that they are not dodging us because we are a bad team but because they are afraid of losing.  

The Hyland Center is pretty small. Right there with Fordham and LaSalle. But given LU’s ambitious nature I wouldn’t be shocked if an expansion or new build comes before too long. At least if the football team’s revenues grow.

AGB91 likes this

I think we should go there to open up them going D-1. They suck so we won't lose. It will be a very tough ticket and the atmosphere would be exciting. No travel involved. It will get a ton of local publicity.

SLU gets half the tickets and keeps the revenue. Lindenwood also agrees to come to SLU next year and waive the buy game fee. We save some cash, build the brand and extend some goodwill along the way. Thoughts?

ARon likes this

47 minutes ago, DOC said:

I think we should go there to open up them going D-1. They suck so we won't lose. It will be a very tough ticket and the atmosphere would be exciting. No travel involved. It will get a ton of local publicity.

SLU gets half the tickets and keeps the revenue. Lindenwood also agrees to come to SLU next year and waive the buy game fee. We save some cash, build the brand and extend some goodwill along the way. Thoughts?

I enjoyed going to Edwardsville for a road game 35 minutes all interstate to see a "road' game. Would likely enjoy trip to St Charles as well :)

4 hours ago, almaman said:

I enjoyed going to Edwardsville for a road game 35 minutes all interstate to see a "road' game. Would likely enjoy trip to St Charles as well :)

Didn't Crews schedule a away game with SIUE because Jon Harris (the SIUE coach at the time) was his good friend and it was just done to help him with his program.

An aberration.

1 hour ago, MusicCityBilliken said:

Didn't Crews schedule a away game with SIUE because Jon Harris (the SIUE coach at the time) was his good friend and it was just done to help him with his program.

An aberration.

my recollection is crews was failing getting games and was desparate.   crewsplatt was a disaster.   he was the worst coach in billiken history.  even surpassed those dark days in the early 80's with ekker.   sadly i have had to suffer through both.   no fan should have to endure that. 

7 hours ago, DOC said:

No. Why would we want to help prop up a local D1 program?

Lindenwood's capacity is greater than these semi-recognized basketball programs 

Fordham, UNC Ashville, Radford, Pepperdine, Iona. 

Also wouldn't Lindenwood just play at St Charles family arena need be? its 6 minutes away.

ALSO Lindenwood will build onto the football stadium before they even worry about anything basketball. 

also also, any folks on here live in St Charles? If so, do you know anyone in St Charles who is also a bills fan?  

Not that I ever think Lindenwood will take off this way but, seems St Charles people are mainly mizzou fans. 

6 minutes ago, wgstl said:

also also, any folks on here live in St Charles? If so, do you know anyone in St Charles who is also a bills fan?  

Not that I ever think Lindenwood will take off this way but, seems St Charles people are mainly mizzou fans. 

I live 5 minutes from the campus.  Took my boys to their game last night.  It is a fun atmosphere for kids.

44 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

I hate Mizzou to a degree matched only by @billiken_roy. I also think Mizzou's decision not to play SLU is smart for a variety of somewhat obvious reasons. Does it frustrate me? Yes. 

I don’t want to debate it, but I think that is a zero sum approach to a business. Is competition dangerous. Yes. However, if SLU avoids it, it runs the risk of reduced growth. Either approach works, but I choose the higher risk, higher reward approach.

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Yes, many. If lindenwood puts a good product on the floor slu likely will lose some fans