O.T. Conference Shuffle ( OU and Texas inquire about joining SEC)

BLIKNS

41 minutes ago, Slowry said:

Would be nice to have the place full regardless they are supporting SLU with ticket sales, concessions,and parking.  Would love to see out non conference schedule include some closer schools that travel.  Makes for a gun atmosphere.  I had a great time when went to SIUE.  I usually make the truck to SIUC.  And this year went to Memphis.  I wish they had more games within 300 miles to go see.

Every home buy game against a Central Arkansas or Mississippi Valley that could have been against a Lindenwood, SEMO, or SIUE is just needlessly leaving a few $$ on the table.

And since the team is usually out of sorts in their first true road game of the season, it couldn’t hurt for it to be against a weaker opponent where at least SLU fans can make the trip.

Slowry likes this

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, ARon said:

Every home buy game against a Central Arkansas or Mississippi Valley that could have been against a Lindenwood, SEMO, or SIUE is just needlessly leaving a few $$ on the table.

And since the team is usually out of sorts in their first true road game of the season, it couldn’t hurt for it to be against a weaker opponent where at least SLU fans can make the trip.

Agree 100%.  E. Illinois has a NET of 355.  There are 358 schools.  If we are going to put an anchor on our OOC, let it be a local school.  BTW, Central Arkansas is 321.  Give me Lindy and SIUE (who btw is 290).  

6 hours ago, cheeseman said:

You can get a partial scholarship for playing tiddly winks.  The teachers they hire are tasked with filling their own classes and if they don't then they don't teach someone told me.  I have no interest in playing them much less giving them a home game.  

You sound like a Mizzou fan. "We have nothing to gain by playing______."

6 hours ago, Compton said:

I'd like to see Missouri S&T get an OVC invite. It'd fit right in with all the other non-flagship state schools, with immediate rivalry candidates in SEMO and Tennesee Tech.

isnt s&t division 3?

Regardless of Lindenwood's academics, they've shown a great deal of ambition when it comes to athletics.  After all, they were NAIA up until 2010.  They became competitive in D2 almost immediately are now jumping to D1 in what I would consider to be a relatively short amount of time.  It will be interesting to see how quickly their programs become competitive in D1, but they have a good track record.  

2 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Regardless of Lindenwood's academics, they've shown a great deal of ambition when it comes to athletics.  After all, they were NAIA up until 2010.  They became competitive in D2 almost immediately are now jumping to D1 in what I would consider to be a relatively short amount of time.  It will be interesting to see how quickly their programs become competitive in D1, but they have a good track record.  

Lindenwood is definitely not stingy or afraid to spend money.   That said their old formula of giving everyone an athletic scholarship of some sort isnt going to work in D1 with defined number of scholarships they can award.   should be interesting watching this play out.

18 hours ago, Compton said:

I'd like to see Missouri S&T get an OVC invite. It'd fit right in with all the other non-flagship state schools, with immediate rivalry candidates in SEMO and Tennesee Tech.

What in the world

10 hours ago, Billikenbooster said:

ST is D2 in the GLVC

And S&T is in the bottom half of GLVC schools in terms of facilities - in the camp of Truman, McKendree (GO CATZ), Rockhurst, etc. rather than USI, Bellarmine, and Lindenwood

Lindenwood is kind of a joke.  

While my greatest athletic achievements are 1a. Running a marathon at 36 & 1b. playing in a college basketball game for Mo Bap after I served as a manager for two seasons I was also scholarship college athlete.  I was on the bowling team at Lindenwood for a season.  I was suspended from the team twice for dressing up as characters from the Big Lebowski to compete in matches.

Their basketball program has not been that great since entering D-2 and hasn't been great since Kramer and Brazzell were playing.

BilliesBy40 likes this

29 minutes ago, thetorch said:

While my greatest athletic achievements are 1a. Running a marathon at 36 & 1b. playing in a college basketball game for Mo Bap after I served as a manager for two seasons I was also scholarship college athlete.  I was on the bowling team at Lindenwood for a season.  I was suspended from the team twice for dressing up as characters from the Big Lebowski to compete in matches.

Their basketball program has not been that great since entering D-2 and hasn't been great since Kramer and Brazzell were playing.

So who did you dress up as?

51 minutes ago, thetorch said:

My favorite thing about this story is you did it twice lol

On 2/23/2022 at 6:08 PM, Slowry said:

Would be nice to have the place full regardless they are supporting SLU with ticket sales, concessions,and parking.  Would love to see out non conference schedule include some closer schools that travel.  Makes for a gun atmosphere.  I had a great time when went to SIUE.  I usually make the truck to SIUC.  And this year went to Memphis.  I wish they had more games within 300 miles to go see.

You can’t play sub 200 net road games. 

25 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

@HoosierPal--- we did not play any suib 200 teams in road games this year.  Wed went to Memphis and Boise.  The other teo were in the Cancun Challenge.  There isn't much you can do against conference foes.  They are what they are.

Check again.  You are wrong.  # 247 and #272.  Both wins.

The statement was "You can’t play sub 200 net road games".  We did.