2018-19 season

I love how Gordon was ranked top 10 in grade 10 for the whole country moves to WG and then watched his stock continue to drop into the mid 100's apparently for character ??s then leads his team to 2 straight state titles both times being over shadowed by Ramey. Now he's on campus and many outsiders are now drooling.

Can't wait.

NextYearBill and gobillsgo like this

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, almaman said:

I love how Gordon was ranked top 10 in grade 10 for the whole country moves to WG and then watched his stock continue to drop into the mid 100's apparently for character ??s then leads his team to 2 straight state titles both times being over shadowed by Ramey. Now he's on campus and many outsiders are now drooling.

Can't wait.

Well, breaking backboards doesn't hurt!

2 hours ago, almaman said:

Can't wait.

"He’s a top-100 recruit that picked St. Louis while he also had offers from Kansas, Illinois, Cincinnati, Notre Dame and Texas."

Ranking top Billken recruits ever in the modern era:

1. Hughes

2. Gordon 

3 JGood.

Very thin line between Gordon and JGood. Jett, Lisch and Burns were fabulous players but they didn't seem as highly sought after nationally as recruits.

18 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

"He’s a top-100 recruit that picked St. Louis while he also had offers from Kansas, Illinois, Cincinnati, Notre Dame and Texas."

Ranking top Billken recruits ever in the modern era:

1. Hughes

2. Gordon 

3 JGood.

Very thin line between Gordon and JGood. Jett, Lisch and Burns were fabulous players but they didn't seem as highly sought after nationally as recruits.

How about the big chill ? Melvin Robinson. 

VeniceMenace likes this

3 hours ago, willie said:

How about the big chill ? Melvin Robinson. 

He held the single-season record for blocks before French, and it was when Big Chill was a freshman. No doubt he had talent.

True story: When asked by a reporter how he got his nickname, he said, "'Cause I always be chillin."

In other words, I think you're correct Willie!

Melvin Robinson never started a game in HS.  Part of that was because Irons was an overrated coach but the other part was that he wasn't skilled at all.  He worked hard at the fundamentals and became a pro but he was a stretch as a D-1 recruit.  SLU was his only offer.

On 9/14/2018 at 12:41 PM, TheOne said:

There is good news, and there is bad news.

Not to bring the board down, but have we had confirmation that the 'bad news' was Wiley's boot?  Sorry if I missed it, but I hadn't seen anything from TheOne since.

@TheOne

moytoy12 likes this

12 minutes ago, philliken said:

Not to bring the board down, but have we had confirmation that the 'bad news' was Wiley's boot?  Sorry if I missed it, but I hadn't seen anything from TheOne since.

@TheOne

Or from any other source. I'm gonna go w/the boot thing. Don't want to deal w/anything worse. 

42 minutes ago, philliken said:

@TheOne

28 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Or from any other source. I'm gonna go w/the boot thing. Don't want to deal w/anything worse. 

It seems like you WANT bad news. Again channeling gloryravs: Look all players are practicing and actively posting pictures of practice on instagram. The One responded to someone who mentioned TI was practicing with good news/bad news scenario which would indicate that hey this guys practicing but this guy isn't. You're going to find out in 8 days and there's really no point in continuing to ask if anyone has heard anything because if someone can confirm it they will and you will know about it because there will be an ongoing conversation on this board about it.

45 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

It seems like you WANT bad news. Again channeling gloryravs: Look all players are practicing and actively posting pictures of practice on instagram. The One responded to someone who mentioned TI was practicing with good news/bad news scenario which would indicate that hey this guys practicing but this guy isn't. You're going to find out in 8 days and there's really no point in continuing to ask if anyone has heard anything because if someone can confirm it they will and you will know about it because there will be an ongoing conversation on this board about it.

05 I don't want bad news.  I like you as a poster, but lately I feel like you're on attack first mode.  I asked a question out of concern.  I may not post everyday, but I read every single comment every day.  And in light of some of the incidents and injuries our program has sustained in recent history, I am on alert.

There are posters on here that like to banter back and forth.  I am not one of them.  I don't get into message board wars.  I simply asked a question.  I'm sorry if that bothered you so.  But I am NOT a troll like Tilky or Glory. 

9 minutes ago, philliken said:

05 I don't want bad news.  I like you as a poster, but lately I feel like you're on attack first mode.  I asked a question out of concern.  I may not post everyday, but I read every single comment every day.  And in light of some of the incidents and injuries our program has sustained in recent history, I am on alert.

There are posters on here that like to banter back and forth.  I am not one of them.  I don't get into message board wars.  I simply asked a question.  I'm sorry if that bothered you so.  But I am NOT a troll like Tilky or Glory. 

Fair enough. My apologies, I think my reaction came from the unnecessary breakdown the board had right after the Ones post. 

billikenbill and philliken like this

2 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Pressuring theOne to do things/respond to inquiries is a bad theme for the board.  He offers much appreciated insight and some people act like it’s his duty to respond to all MBMs until everyone is 100% satisfied.

suggest we cut him a break and stop assailing him.  Just wait for the posts and give them a like.  He’s the new Pdiddy

-this is it

49 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Pressuring theOne to do things/respond to inquiries is a bad theme for the board.  He offers much appreciated insight and some people act like it’s his duty to respond to all MBMs until everyone is 100% satisfied.

suggest we cut him a break and stop assailing him.  Just wait for the posts and give them a like.  He’s the new Pdiddy

So, I agree with this...with a caveat.  I love and appreciate the insight and inside info he brings to the board.  In this case though, when something ambiguous is posted like 'good news/bad news coming', my assumption is that it would be news we'd hear about and know that is what he is referring to; or that he would follow it up when the news comes out.  Its' possible the news was about Wiley, and maybe just wasn't obvious that that is what he was referring to.  It's also possible that the good news/bad news is still to come.  Both are reasonable outcomes.  It's the not knowing that is the problem here.

bauman and ACE like this

Billiken fans are a fragile lot. Me included. We've been teased way too long that we are on the brink of maybe breaking thru to the X or Zaga level only to have Lucy yank the football away, and we fall flat on our keisters once again. 

A comment such as good news bad news, without clarification , coming on the heels of the frustrations of last season is bound to create serious anxiety. Especially so when we're all so highly anticipating the upcoming season. 

Like everyone I appreciate the One's info, but it's not fair to bug him for more until he's ready to share it. That said, an affirmation that the bad news is Wiley's Boot would surely ease the consternation currently surrounding his latest pearl of inside dope. 

18 minutes ago, Scoop said:

Wiley's injury is said to be just a sprain.

Yes he should be ready for the first game from what I've heard.

17 minutes ago, Old guy said:

A sprain treated with an UMA boot? This must be the mother of all sprains.

Well when you generally have to walk a lot of places as a college students.