2018-19 season

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It still early to play the "how many minutes each player will play" game but I think a key issue caused by the loss of LS is the fact that we are left with two wide body Bigs and I think most on here think that both HF and CAG will start the game.  With LS we had another wide body to fill in for HF and/or CAG so that we always had at least one of the three in the game, giving us the physical presence down low that is so valuable.  If we sub both French and Gordon out around the same time that means DJF and EW would pair up for a fair number of minutes together each game.  I can see Ford adjusting his substitutions at the 4/5 spots so that he has either HF or CAG on the floor most of the game. 

Not counting blowouts, if our 4 Bigs normally take up all the 4/5 spot minutes (80/game) then that leaves only 120 . to be split among JG, TI,  JB, FT, DW , DJ and IG  You know JG and JB will get more than a fair share of minutes so, Isabell, Wiley, Thatch, Jacobs and Thor will be in a battle for a limited amount of playing time.  I think KCH will primarily be getting only mop up minutes

Oct 27 can't get here soon enough!  19 evenings and counting!

4 minutes ago, bauman said:

It still early to play the "how many minutes each player will play" game but I think a key issue caused by the loss of LS is the fact that we are left with two wide body Bigs and I think most on here think that both HF and CAG will start the game.  With LS we had another wide body to fill in for HF and/or CAG so that we always had at least one of the three in the game, giving us the physical presence down low that is so valuable.  If we sub both French and Gordon out around the same time that means DJF and EW would pair up for a fair number of minutes together each game.  I can see Ford adjusting his substitutions at the 4/5 spots so that he has either HF or CAG on the floor most of the game. 

Not counting blowouts, if our 4 Bigs normally take up all the 4/5 spot minutes (80/game) then that leaves only 120 . to be split among JG, TI,  JB, FT, DW , DJ and IG  You know JG and JB will get more than a fair share of minutes so, Isabell, Wiley, Thatch, Jacobs and Thor will be in a battle for a limited amount of playing time.  I think KCH will primarily be getting only mop up minutes

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Thor get redshirted. I just don’t see where he finds many minutes this year. 

1 hour ago, bauman said:

What, no love for BC or JR?  FT could limit the PT for DF and HF, you never know.  But then again if we need a OR, we will need both plus CG also in the lineup, right?  It will be interesting to see how Ford handles DR.  Last year he let JG crash the board. Will that happen this year?  Really hope DF can limit his TO this year.  Way too many at crucial times last season.  It would be nice to see more BK from him too.

If Ford goes 4G, look for reduced MN for some of the four. It may be FT in at FT time.  PF will be interesting to track.  Last season it bit us a few times.  HF lead in DQ.  If DJ is on the bench, he won't be able to spin any records for FA.

Quality Is Job 1 likes this

I understand why some might redshirt but I dont see the real benefit. Do players really wanna be like Elliot and be here for 5+ years in college if they arent going pro? I don't think Ford wants guys to stay here longer if they cant play by sophomore year in heavy minutes when get can get the new Goodwin and Gordons of STL to replace them

16 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

What, no love for BC or JR?  FT could limit the PT for DJ and HF, you never know.  But then again if we need a OR, we will need both plus CG also in the lineup, right?  It will be interesting to see how Ford handles DR.  Last year he let JG crash the board. Will that happen this year?

If Ford goes 4G, look for reduced MN for some of the four. It may be FT in at FT time.  PF will be interesting to track.  Last season it bit us a few times.  If DJ is on the bench, he won't be able to spin any records for FA.

Cut it out- your attempt at being cheeky fell flat and made my brain hurt.

8 minutes ago, Band Legend said:

25 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

What, no love for BC or JR?  FT could limit the PT for DF and HF, you never know.  But then again if we need a OR, we will need both plus CG also in the lineup, right?  It will be interesting to see how Ford handles DR.  Last year he let JG crash the board. Will that happen this year?  Really hope DF can limit his TO this year.  Way too many at crucial times last season.  It would be nice to see more BK from him too.

If Ford goes 4G, look for reduced MN for some of the four. It may be FT in at FT time.  PF will be interesting to track.  Last season it bit us a few times.  HF lead in DQ.  If DJ is on the bench, he won't be able to spin any records for FA.

On second thought, Billiken Roy is right...

1 hour ago, Band Legend said:

Well, once I figured out what he was doing, I thought it was very good.  @billiken_roy, you should read HoosierPal's post above, even though it's full of initials, because you would like it; as satire, it makes your point.

Lets see Hoosier, Venice and Thicks.  Were any of the three of you, or any other Board regulars, unable to know that HF meant French, CAG meant Gordon, JB meant Bess JG meant Goodwin, TI meant Isabell, DW  meant Wiley, DJF meant Foreman, EW meant Welmer, FT meant Thatch, DJ meant Jacobs, IG meant Thor and KCH meant Hankton.   Really? ? ?

Gosh VM, just yesterday Willie used CAG in a post that you gave him a "Good Post" on.

Really, this is such a childish issue caused by BR, that is Billiken Roy, that it has no place as a Board issue. I suggest if some of you can't translate HF and CAG, for example then do as BR does and ignore any post that uses an initial or if it is easier for you then just block me.  No problem.

gobillsgo, Tonka and slufanskip like this

8 hours ago, bauman said:

Lets see Hoosier, Venice and Thicks.  Were any of the three of you, or any other Board regulars, unable to know that HF meant French, CAG meant Gordon, JB meant Bess JG meant Goodwin, TI meant Isabell, DW  meant Wiley, DJF meant Foreman, EW meant Welmer, FT meant Thatch, DJ meant Jacobs, IG meant Thor and KCH meant Hankton.   Really? ? ?

Gosh VM, just yesterday Willie used CAG in a post that you gave him a "Good Post" on.

Really, this is such a childish issue caused by BR, that is Billiken Roy, that it has no place as a Board issue. I suggest if some of you can't translate HF and CAG, for example then do as BR does and ignore any post that uses an initial or if it is easier for you then just block me.  No problem.

I like a spoonful of ice cream & not a gallon all at once

HoosierPal likes this

9 hours ago, bauman said:

Moderators,  can we get an Over-reaction button?

On 10/1/2018 at 4:42 PM, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Never mind.

user-banned-please-carry-on.jpg

Well, Quality, check out our new poster sknab.  Joined last night.  Today, he awarded me with 5 Troll Reactions.  No posts.

Any doubt that sknab = Banks = Tilkowsky?

@sknab let's restart the count.  5 TrollR's in, now 95 more until 100.

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Well, Quality, check out our new poster sknab.  Joined last night.  Today, he awarded me with 5 Troll Reactions.  No posts.

Time to block that IP.

3 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

The insane obnoxious troll is still locked in on you HP he probably has the hoosierpal avatar on his dart board.

Thank you for taking one for the billiken.com team by keeping him locked in on you.