2018-19 season

2 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

Pressuring theOne to do things/respond to inquiries is a bad theme for the board.  He offers much appreciated insight and some people act like it’s his duty to respond to all MBMs until everyone is 100% satisfied.

suggest we cut him a break and stop assailing him.  Just wait for the posts and give them a like.  He’s the new Pdiddy

Who was Sean Combs, Puff Daddy. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Earl is tweeting from the MAC Tip-Off Luncheon today. Head coaches from SLU, Mizzou, SIUC, SIUE, Illinois, and Missouri State are all there.

Not a whole lot new.

Expecting big things from Bess this season.

JG is in great shape, can affect the game in a lot of ways. Can play multiple positions. Expecting a big year. He should be one of the best players in the league, hopefully.

CG has been working hard and is really coachable. Big, skilled, and powerful.

Trying to bring it all together. Lot of new faces, only 4 guys in uniform last year.

Non-conference schedule: "As it gets closer, you start thinking 'What have I done?' but it's an extremely challenging schedule, playing some of the best teams in America, going to test us in a lot of different ways."

6 minutes ago, Brighton said:

Maaaan, do I pray he turns this program around for good and become better than Gonzaga.

That would mean winning a national championship, the only thing Gonzaga has not achieved under Few.

I like where our arrow is pointing, but, you know, one step at a time for a program that's never even been to a Sweet Sixteen before.

24 minutes ago, Brighton said:

I'm pretty sure they got there in the 50's.

-technically you are correct, one could say we made an Elite Eight, too as the 1952 team went to the NCAA Tourney which consisted of 16 teams, okay, Sweet 16, they won one game (over NM St) so you could say Elite 8, but lost next game, by 19, to eventual champion KU coached by Phog Allen

-but the current definition of a Sweet 16, I would propose and think is universally accepted, is to win two games in the Tourney and play the second week, that we have not done.....yet... and when we do this I bet it will be listed as our first Sweet 16

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-technically you are correct, one could say we made an Elite Eight, too as the 1952 team went to the NCAA Tourney which consisted of 16 teams, okay, Sweet 16, they won one game (over NM St) so you could say Elite 8, but lost next game, by 19, to eventual champion KU coached by Phog Allen

-but the current definition of a Sweet 16, I would propose and think is universally accepted, is to win two games in the Tourney and play the second week, that we have not done.....yet... and when we do this I bet it will be listed as our first Sweet 16

North Carolina counts 1946 as one of the 34 times they at least made the Sweet Sixteen.  Only 8 teams made the tournament that season.  If North Carolina is going to count that, then 1952 should count as a Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight for SLU.  SLU should have a banner reflecting this, but SLU is terrible at promoting itself.

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

(Pet peeve: The term "true freshman/men" has almost no meaning whatsoever as it relates to basketball.)

100% agree.  Football makes sense as its extremely hard to be physically ready right out of HS.   The only way I see it translate to basketball is when talking about a C/PF but even then.

4 hours ago, brianstl said:

North Carolina counts 1946 as one of the 34 times they at least made the Sweet Sixteen.  Only 8 teams made the tournament that season.  If North Carolina is going to count that, then 1952 should count as a Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight for SLU.  SLU should have a banner reflecting this, but SLU is terrible at promoting itself.

I think we should just slide it in when we next make the elite eight and sweet sixteen......

3 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

I’ll give Ford credit. I think he works harder to get the students interested in SLU basketball than any coach we’ve had in the last 20 years. Did Spoon even do this type of stuff?

-wow, he certainly is a great ambassador for the program, a simple thing, doesn't have to do it, but doing it, great for him! I hope there are many students who then go to games

This coffee starts in 1/2 hour.  I hope we can get a report from a student who was there on how it went and how it was attended.  I  don't know how Coach continues to maintain his over the top positive attitude when faced with some of the issues that seem to come up annually.  Thanks for everything you do to promote Billiken Basketball, T Ford!