2018-19 season

16 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I'm somewhat surprised at the lack of respect for Mr. Johnson.  Coach Ford stated on a radio interview that he was surprised and disappointed that Johnson was leaving.  

You brought Wiley into the conversation.  First, BILLIKEN NATION truly hopes that his current injury is short term, and that he is fully available for 38 to 40 games this season.  (Yes that puts us into a deep NCAA run.)

However, I don't know why you are comparing Wiley to Johnson.  Yes they both are snipers.  That is what Wiley was brought in to do, and he certainly needs to continue or improve his outside shooting to be as valuable as Johnson from deep.  Johnson had range from maybe 30 feet.  Coach Ford compared Wiley's range to Johnson's on an interview.  Let's call this a push on the two players.

But, Wiley only shot 9 FT last season.  NINE.  That's an average game for Bess.  I have no idea why he doesn't get to the line.  He made only 59 trips in 3 years at Maryland.  They do foul in the Big Ten.  This is really a mystery, but free throws are opportunities missed.  I don't need to reiterate what Johnson did at the line. 

Wiley had only 51 rebounds last season.  Johnson was at 127.  So Wiley doesn't appear to crash the boards.  Perhaps he was told not to.  I don't know.  And Wiley only had 4 blocks last season, compared to 21 for Johnson.  So he isn't a rim protector either.  So I'm not seeing what you are seeing.  It needs to be seen how good a defender he is in Ford's system.

Yes, I'm glad Dion Wiley is a Billiken.  But Jalen Johnson would have been a welcome asset for this season's team.

Are you related to Jalen? 

"Yes I am glad that player left" - No coach ever.

HP is mad that a three point shooter doesn't take FTs. Welp.

Frankly, I am unsure if you watched any games last year. If so, do you watch when the other team has the ball? Did you watch Jalen look like a turnstile last year trying to guard guards?

Why do you use total numbers instead of per game or per 40mins? So wild. "21 blocks" lol

What role do you think Johnson would have on this team? Would he have been a welcome asset taking a schollie for two more years as the 10th man while we could add someone like Hargrove, Collins, or a GT?

I certainly don't always agree with GloryRavs and perhaps he's being a bit blunt on this issue (I didn't read you two's argument but I'm sure he's being unreasonable), but surely you don't think Johnson would have been a rotation guy on this team.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Theres some guys who shoot 95% FT and 50% 3pointers at the rec. You should probably go recruit them because based on your logic that is what makes a player good. 

wow we probably should recruit those guys.   personally i dont believe it.

29 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Are you related to Jalen? 

"Yes I am glad that player left" - No coach ever.

HP is mad that a three point shooter doesn't take FTs. Welp.

Frankly, I am unsure if you watched any games last year. If so, do you watch when the other team has the ball? Did you watch Jalen look like a turnstile last year trying to guard guards?

Why do you use total numbers instead of per game or per 40mins? So wild. "21 blocks" lol

What role do you think Johnson would have on this team? Would he have been a welcome asset taking a schollie for two more years as the 10th man while we could add someone like Hargrove, Collins, or a GT?

I certainly don't always agree with GloryRavs and perhaps he's being a bit blunt on this issue (I didn't read you two's argument but I'm sure he's being unreasonable), but surely you don't think Johnson would have been a rotation guy on this team.

Well you said exactly what I said so I’m probably not being unreasonable to you. 

1 hour ago, Glorydays2013 said:

The point is there are so many elements to the game. And yes there are very amateur players with very high ft percentage. Doesn’t mean anything 

so now it is just high percentage not the astronomical rick barry like numbers you made up earlier?

3 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Theres some guys who shoot 95% FT and 50% 3pointers at the rec. You should probably go recruit them because based on your logic that is what makes a player good. 

Travis Ford had a career 3FG% of 42.2 and a career FT% of 88.5.  WE HAVE REC PLAYERS THAT SHOOT BETTER THAN FORD!!  Why hasn't Ford offered them?

You are funny.

6 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

You should look up because the point is flying way over your head

obviously you outkicked your coverage on all of us. 

HoosierPal and Littlebill like this

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Travis Ford had a career 3FG% of 42.2 and a career FT% of 88.5.  WE HAVE REC PLAYERS THAT SHOOT BETTER THAN FORD!!  Why hasn't Ford offered them?

You are funny.

Simon Rec hasn’t seen shooting like that since the last time I was a basketball camper.

dlarry and HoosierPal like this