• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes sense that the Bills wanted an agreement before IU's season ends and paid what it took to make it happen. You don't just walk away from the consequences of breaking the contract.

I'm still trusting that we still have our coach. 

3 minutes ago, TheOne said:

If Josh Schertz is a man of his word, which all signs indicate he is, everyone here will be pleased. Further, there’’s no sense in rooting against this ISU team this week. The more post-season experience this team has, the better.

The $12M question. Not many of these coaches are men of their word. Sure hope josh is 

7 minutes ago, TheOne said:

If Josh Schertz is a man of his word, which all signs indicate he is, everyone here will be pleased. Further, there’’s no sense in rooting against this ISU team this week. The more post-season experience this team has, the better.

He didn't get the nickname Dirty Schertz for nothing............

slufan13 likes this

19 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Do you not watch football because the forward pass used to be illegal?  Every team is cheating!

i havent watched an NFL game since the stupid kneeling started and had lost interest long before that.   so not a good example.   that said forward pass is hardly akin to slimy under the table off the playing field shenanigans these coaches were/are involved in.  

14 minutes ago, TheOne said:

Rooting for NIT success is not only good for the ISU players, but it also lets Schertz make a better sell to future recruits.

2 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-if UofL hires Richard Pitino I submit that we (SLU) don't have the worst AD in a 300 mile radius

I think tOSU (based on his aTm time) has the worst AD but we're kinda close.

2 hours ago, slufan13 said:

Trilly Donovan — Today at 12:08 PM
Louisville reportedly offering Schertz $3.5M. Contract at SLU reportedly at or just above $2M/6 years.

Trilly Donovan — Today at 11:31 AM
Schertz signed with SLU which makes it very difficult for him to get out of this.
Whether he wants to or is trying to is up in the air. I believe Louisville lawyers are trying to find a way for him to get out of it.

Any contract can be broken for right price.  If he has signed with us and now he wants out then he has to pay up or at least somebody does and I don't mean peanuts.  I get at least half the contract which if what is reported is true would be 6 million.  If he really does want out then trying to force him to stay will only end badly for us and him so give him an out but one that makes it worth our while.

billiken_roy likes this

4 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Any contract can be broken for right price.  If he has signed with us and now he wants out then he has to pay up or at least somebody does and I don't mean peanuts.  I get at least half the contract which if what is reported is true would be 6 million.  If he really does want out then trying to force him to stay will only end badly for us and him so give him an out but one that makes it worth our while.

We got the short end of the buyout-stick with Travis.  We better not go easy now and not get some $$$$ (if it ends up going the way of Louisville wanting/paying for Schertz…I’m still confident he’ll be on the Bills sideline next season tho)

1 hour ago, kshoe said:

In the last hour both Jeff Goodman and  Pat Forde have tweeted about Richard Pitino being involved at Louisville. Now this article:

https://247sports.com/college/louisville/article/josh-heird-rick-pitino-richard-pitino-has-emerged-as-a-top-candidate-for-the-louisville-job-229376705/

Honestly, for a program like U of L Pitino is not that glitzy looking at his resume.  I am not saying he is bad just that he is while not a poor choice but he not a knock your socks off guy they they think they are going to get.

5 minutes ago, laker119 said:

We got the short end of the buyout-stick with Travis.  We better not go easy now and not get some $$$$ (if it ends up going the way of Louisville wanting/paying for Schertz…I’m still confident he’ll be on the Bills sideline next season tho)

Here is the problem with Schertz feels like he lost out of a lot of money then he will be looking to leave as soon as he can anyway.  We may be better off letting him go for a good pay out and find someone who will stay for 3 or more years.

1 minute ago, cheeseman said:

Here is the problem with Schertz feels like he lost out of a lot of money then he will be looking to leave as soon as he can anyway.  We may be better off letting him go for a good pay out and find someone who will stay for 3 or more years.

Disagree. we should be done choosing coaches based on who we think stays the longest. If Schertz comes with his guys, we are A10 favorites next season. Make a tournament, and if Schertz jumps we are a much more attractive landing spot for someone like Mack/whoever the next big MM coach is next season. 

24 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Eh.......I'd let him out for a home and home and one at the dome......If he doesn't want to be here.....let's pound him on the court

It sounds like Lville is under pressure to hire a coach.  Schertz  probably told them  "nothing happens till ISU loses"  because Schertz reads "The Wiz" threads.   Lville then sees (they too read The Wiz) that ISU is favored yet again to win  tonight.  We (Lville ) are not going to wait a week ...we need an answer now....they don't get an answer and decide to move on to Pitino ...a popular name in the Ville.

I think at this point it would be better for ISU to win tonight....A loss might reopen the door tonight for a Cards signing.  A win not only forces Lville to move on BUT also sends a hands off signal to other teams in the meantime....Other teams ..."wow this Schertz guy didn't sign with U of L we better look else where".

Tick...tick...tick

TheA_Bomb and QUAILMAN like this

1 hour ago, TheOne said:

I too hope if Schertz is hired, a couple of his players come with him.  But to think the whole starting five comes is very, very unlikely.

This is an amazing thread. There are people swearing their confidence that Schertz is coming to SLU, and within a day or so there are discussions as to how much would have to be paid by anyone else getting him as a coach to break the contract. A figure of about $3M appears to be required.

From my point of view, getting $3 M from Schertz or the other school to break the contract makes sense only if we have another good coach ready to step into the job at SLU. If May is as I think he is, we may get the $3 M but another good coach for SLU may not be so easy to get. I really do not care who May is talking with, as long a someone is there IF Schertz walks.

4 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

I too hope if Schertz is hired, a couple of his players come with him.  But to think the whole starting five comes is very, very unlikely.

Coach Tillett brought 4 with her from Longwood. Of course, one was her daughter….