AGB91

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

So Bruce was telling the truth.

So the major conspiracy is over, five days after it happened.  Now we can get back to whether or not there was a second shooter in Dallas in 1963.

You mean Bruce told Stu the truth about not actually playing for that pro team? Yes, sure, I don't think anyone said he was lying.

SLU wasn't telling the truth. That's the issue.

JMM28 and rgbilliken like this

10 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

So Bruce was telling the truth.

So the major conspiracy is over, five days after it happened.  Now we can get back to whether or not there was a second shooter in Dallas in 1963.

Nah, Oswald acted alone. Just as likely he was trying to hit Connally as Kennedy and, like everything else in his miserable life, he effed that up, too.

3 minutes ago, Pistol said:

You mean Bruce told Stu the truth about not actually playing for that pro team? Yes, sure, I don't think anyone said he was lying.

SLU wasn't telling the truth. That's the issue.

I respect your opinion.  Please paste the link with SLU's lie about Bruce. 

The Wiz likes this

That's welcome good news. Hopefully they get word on the kid from France soon.

Speaking of the international players - there seems to be a little buzz around Curcic. Maybe it's the haircut, but he reminds me a bit of Drejaj. He seems like he'll be feisty and knock down some shots. He may carve out a role as the season progresses. 

billiken_roy likes this

7 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I respect your opinion.  Please paste the link with SLU's lie about Bruce. 

Are you serious? Basically Stu's Twitter feed from the past three weeks.

They tried to hide behind his injury until he was cleared - he's got a knee injury, should be fine by sometime in November - a vague, evolving timeline. Then one hour before Monday's tipoff, they said for the first time that he wasn't cleared. They said the NCAA informed them on Sunday night that he wasn't cleared. They wanted us to believe that he was cleared, then on a Sunday night someone at the NCAA changed his mind, and then on Thursday morning he was cleared.

If you don't think SLU knew he wasn't cleared all along, I have some magic beans to sell you.

7 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

Stu had posted numerous times that SLU officials told him  that once Bruce was healthy he would be playing.  That obviously was a lie.  

The original estimate for Bruce being healthy was mid-November.  He got healthy earlier.  

My theory:  The AD got assurances that he would be cleared in time for the first game.  Instead it took a few more days.

But we'll never know because there is no transparency from the AD's office.  Which is why attempting to expose them through social media is a waste of time and energy.

HoosierPal likes this

SLU AD

Never ascribe to malice that which can best be explained by incompetence.

Also @3star_recruit not sure you're correct.  People started discussing the story started changing. 

JMM28 and Box and Won like this

Great news.

This is sorely needed to get some length on the inside and take some of the pressure off of TH

The commentary about SLU being dishonest regarding reasons he was not playing is accurate; was wrong for SLU to do; and unfortunately is just expected at this point. Shame on the AD for not cleaning up that mess. It's part and parcel and expected at this point, I think any info that comes out of the AD is suspect until they clean their act up. I'm not even sure why they were dishonest as the situation was not outrageous and clarifying "we expect that he will be cleared and is eligible, but it is taking longer than we hoped" is straightforward, honest, and reasonable.

The SLU AD hates their fans. That's something we knew already.

dlarry likes this

25 minutes ago, Soderball said:

Great news.

This is sorely needed to get some length on the inside and take some of the pressure off of TH

The commentary about SLU being dishonest regarding reasons he was not playing is accurate; was wrong for SLU to do; and unfortunately is just expected at this point. Shame on the AD for not cleaning up that mess. It's part and parcel and expected at this point, I think any info that comes out of the AD is suspect until they clean their act up. I'm not even sure why they were dishonest as the situation was not outrageous and clarifying "we expect that he will be cleared and is eligible, but it is taking longer than we hoped" is straightforward, honest, and reasonable.

The SLU AD hates their fans. That's something we knew already.

I have no idea why the AD is secretive about stuff that isn't even a big deal.  But they are.  So I don't worry myself about it.

MariaReynolds likes this

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

The original estimate for Bruce being healthy was mid-November.  He got healthy earlier.  

My theory:  The AD got assurances that he would be cleared in time for the first game.  Instead it took a few more days.

But we'll never know because there is no transparency from the AD's office.  Which is why attempting to expose them through social media is a waste of time and energy.

Nah dude. 

22 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Anyone know how he compares with SVB? 
was Bruce more highly regarded?

Do they have the same type of game? 

As a general rule I expect nothing from freshman bigs but when that’s all you have you need some kind of production.

From what I have heard is that Bruce surprised people with how far he has advanced offensively, but needs to add muscle and improve defensively.  This is great news.  It might not all come together for him this season, but I have high hope for Bruce.

Old guy likes this

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Are you serious? Basically Stu's Twitter feed from the past three weeks.

They tried to hide behind his injury until he was cleared - he's got a knee injury, should be fine by sometime in November - a vague, evolving timeline. Then one hour before Monday's tipoff, they said for the first time that he wasn't cleared. They said the NCAA informed them on Sunday night that he wasn't cleared. They wanted us to believe that he was cleared, then on a Sunday night someone at the NCAA changed his mind, and then on Thursday morning he was cleared.

If you don't think SLU knew he wasn't cleared all along, I have some magic beans to sell you.

The SVB and Mugassa ineligibility situations were complete surprises as well (except for the scoop on this board & on the podcast).