Very Interesting...

Schasz

1 hour ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

You Ford hater are a joke.. May didn’t have to comment on Ford’s job security, he did so, BECAUSE HE WAS ASKED ABOUT IT DIRECTLY BY FRANK… it’s a sign of a weak argument when you continually have to lie and mislead to make your point.

Why do you think the question was asked?  If there were not concerns swirling Frank never would have asked.  When a GM or AD is being asked that question it is not a good sign and no they never bring it up on their own. You can read it any way you want that makes you feel better. Daniel is a safe haven for some. 

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Soooo if the Bills finished second I guess George Mason finished 3rd? 

Do you not know what the word tied means.. I know you’re trying to be funny Larry, but you failed again…and let me help George Mason finished 5th… why is it so hard for a Ford hater to be honest??? 

2 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Why do you think the question was asked?  If there were not concerns swirling Frank never would have asked.  When a GM or AD is being asked that question it is not a good sign and no they never bring it up on their own. You can read it any way you want that makes you feel better. Daniel is a safe haven for some. 

It was probably asked because they have been around nitwits like you who are and have been delusional about Ford being fired.. that said, it’s interesting that you have such a close relationship with Frank that you know his questions in advance…again if you want to make a point, why can’t you do it honestly??

13 minutes ago, Fraz said:

I was talking to some college buddies (mostly Mizzou fans) today.  They made a comment that they were surprised SLU got to 20 wins and finished 4th in the A10.  They thought it was much worse since I hadn’t been talking about the team.  They went as far to say that this kind of season isn’t a failure and is something to build on.

This is exactly our problem.  20+ wins and a double bye in the conference tournament is a really good season for a lot of teams.  We know we have miserably underachieved for most of the year, relative to expectations.  It’s for this reason it will be hard to move on from Ford

20 wins and 4th is typically ok, but not with this teams talent and how bad the a10 was this year. 

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

20 wins and 4th is typically ok, but not with this teams talent and how bad the a10 was this year. 

This is true and maybe I care too much about the money aspect but it's also just not okay when you have the highest paid coach in the league by a reasonably sized margin to go along with top 2-3 facilities, direct access into a market with really good basketball players, etc

1 minute ago, slufan13 said:

This is true and maybe I care too much about the money aspect but it's also just not okay when you have the highest paid coach in the league by a reasonably sized margin to go along with top 2-3 facilities, direct access into a market with really good basketball players, etc

20 and 4th should be the floor, still. 

3 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

In all fairness, after today's comments it's as much as a Chris May problem as a Travis Fourth problem 

If May really believes Travis is going to be the coach for many years, I guess he is working on that extension so recruits will know Travis will be here for their four years.

28 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

It was probably asked because they have been around nitwits like you who are and have been delusional about Ford being fired.. that said, it’s interesting that you have such a close relationship with Frank that you know his questions in advance…again if you want to make a point, why can’t you do it honestly??

29 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

30 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

I never said I knew what Frank’s question was I said he asked the question because concerns were surfacing with people. You get so angry and flustered that you misread and start name calling.  

1 hour ago, Fraz said:

I was talking to some college buddies (mostly Mizzou fans) today.  They made a comment that they were surprised SLU got to 20 wins and finished 4th in the A10.  They thought it was much worse since I hadn’t been talking about the team.  They went as far to say that this kind of season isn’t a failure and is something to build on.

This is exactly our problem.  20+ wins and a double bye in the conference tournament is a really good season for a lot of teams.  We know we have miserably underachieved for most of the year, relative to expectations.  It’s for this reason it will be hard to move on from Ford

20 wins and 4th for teams in competitive leagues would certainly be a good season, but in the Atlantic 10 this season and with the expectations with a roster of 4th and 5th year guys it is definitely not a season “to build on.” We are #102 in the NET and #103 in Pomeroy, so that is a better indicator of the season we have had.

I tend to not like Ford (he is what he is), but I am not passionate about him being fired. I do think it is important to properly contextualize this season beyond saying we won 20 games and finished 4th in the conference and pretending it was a success though.

Adman and majerus mojo like this

29 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I never said I knew what Frank’s question was I said he asked the question because concerns were surfacing with people. You get so angry and flustered that you misread and start name calling.  

Here are Frank's question to May:  "I must ask you about Travis Ford.  I get asked this from time to time, his job security. Right now, you are the Athletic Director, you explain."  @BIG BILL FAN

16 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Here are Frank's question to May:  "I must ask you about Travis Ford.  I get asked this from time to time, his job security. Right now, you are the Athletic Director, you explain."  @BIG BILL FAN

My point Frank would not have asked it unless there were concerns with some. May answer is not the focal point it is that the question was even asked. 

I recall the term "dreaded vote of confidence."  Anyone else?  That's how normal sports teams and departments SEEM to play it.  The next question being "are we a normal ... department?"

31 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

An AD publicly supporting the current head coach while the season is still in play is fine. That isn’t an issue. I wouldn’t read too much into those comments beyond that. Things can eventually work out well, or, he also has the right to change his stance at any time when the season ends. (I was a bit surprised Frank seemed to know so little about SLU athletics.)

What I found more interesting were the two different answers when Chris May was asked about Lisa Stone and Travis Ford. (No follow up questions were asked about it.)

Here is what Chris said about Lisa Stone:

“I want to give Lisa Stone a lot of credit. She took our program from non-competitive to respectable. We made a change because we couldn’t take it to the next level. We believe that we needed to be an NCAA Tournament team. We want to be an NCAA Tournament team, and make some runs.”

Chris’ answer when asked about Travis was a bit different. The obvious hope in the answer was for SLU to win the conference tourney so that it would be easy to keep Travis as the coach. He is in his 7th season, in the school’s revenue sport. Stone coached 10 seasons in a non-revenue sport. 

slufanskip likes this

8 minutes ago, 2010andBeyond said:

Not sure I get all the hand wringing over May’s comments. What’s he supposed to say? The conf tourney hasn’t even started. 

He should have said "yeah Travis kind of sucks. It's been 7 years and we haven't really won s*hit. We had a NBA player on the roster, a cousy finalist, maybe the best shooter in school history, huge donors, great facilities, and all that. To be honest it's not just that I'm going to fire Travis but I also just don't like him as a person since he spent time at Mizzou. In fact Frank, I need to let you go right now so I can get him out of here before he gets a free trip to Brooklyn"

2010andBeyond likes this

3 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Talk about delusional. What is so exceptional about coaching one of the oldest, most experienced college teams in America and finishing the regular seasons listed by Pomeroy as the 100th best team? That’s not even possibly strong enough to get an NIT bid…and it places SLU behind three Missouri Valley Conference teams…the refrain may be they SLU beat all the MVC teams on the schedule this season, but none of those were at their places.

slufan13 and SLU_Nick like this

6 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

Talk about delusional. What is so exceptional about coaching one of the oldest, most experienced college teams in America and finishing the regular seasons listed by Pomeroy as the 100th best team? That’s not even possibly strong enough to get an NIT bid…and it places SLU behind three Missouri Valley Conference teams…the refrain may be they SLU beat all the MVC teams on the schedule this season, but none of those were at their places.

the supposed top player doesnt fully recover from a major injury  and has another lingering injury, two other top of the rotation players injured one lost for the season and still win 20 games and season isnt over yet. the word may not be exceptional , but certainly solid coaching. not many teams lose top three players and do well, rickma lost his top two players and had a losing record, the fire ford crowd is delusional in there thought processes about what makes a good coach and team