Very Interesting...

Schasz

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Schasz said:

This came up on the board a couple weeks back when it came out. I guess you missed it, what with how busy you are with your Vols and all.

2 hours ago, slufan13 said:

I'm finally done with the fire Ford message. I truly think he should be fired and I think a lot of the decision makers know that. But it's just not gonna happen in my opinion 

This, it's kinda the same vein as the Band outrage. You get to the point where you're tired of hearing about it.

TheChosenOne likes this

19 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

This, it's kinda the same vein as the Band outrage. You get to the point where you're tired of hearing about it.

The fire ford message dominates the message board and is really getting old, the ford detracters feel they must express their opinions multiple times a day, to what end? they should start a facebook group, it is free, and complain nonstop all day. i know my opinion is not valued, but it will be a rare occasion it will be expressed going forward. very little good dialog is presented, just fire ford is the dominate message, so i again say start your own group and let this board take a bit more positive slant for the rest of us

2 hours ago, slufan13 said:

I'm finally done with the fire Ford message. I truly think he should be fired and I think a lot of the decision makers know that. But it's just not gonna happen in my opinion 

I think the majority of the board has firmly been NCAAs or bust this season in regards to TF, and it’s been apparent for months we were going to come up short there.  

Certainly open to a coaching change. The difference for me seems to be the “worst case” scenario, bringing Ford back, doesn’t cause me to loose my mind and post 10x/day about it. I don’t think we’ll be better next year, but I’ll be excited come fall to see some new players and set myself up for more crushing disappointment in 2024-25, regardless of who’s coaching. 

TF has righted the mess he took over, but he rarely meets (yet alone exceeds) expectations and we never win any big games. Not great! That being said, we’re not UNC. He’s done just enough winning, has just enough excuses, and has just enough $ left on his contract (presumably) where retaining for another season is still on the table. At the end of the day, it’s likely one man’s decision and that man’s name is on the arena 

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

Tired yes but it is a major topic so it will continue to pop up. Unlike the band thing every fan has an opinion on it. 

It continues to pop up because the SAME people post about it continuously. For the sake of the rest of us create a fire ford thread where you guys can go and enjoy telling each other how ford should be fired. But keep your fire ford to yourself in other threads. Please. 

Scoop, HenryB and slufanskip like this

1 minute ago, DOC said:

It continues to pop up because the SAME people post about it continuously. For the sake of the rest of us create a fire ford thread where you guys can go and enjoy telling each other how ford should be fired. But keep your fire ford to yourself in other threads. Please. 

Yes but the circle jerk of sarcasm, dyspepsia, and trolling (in some cases,) is no fun in a basement without an audience..........

dennis_w, slufanskip and DOC like this

5 minutes ago, longtimelistenerfirsttimec said:

talked about next year (high level players to be announced this spring) hardgrove thames coming back

We’ve heard this message every year, then end up with guys like Pickett and Forrester. Decent role players, but not high level players.  Really disappointing if May is genuine about not even considering a change.  

BilliesBy40 likes this

Frank's interview with AD May.  https://590thefan.com/radio-shows/press-box/

Talked first about the Woman's team and his search for Tillet.  (May talked to Geno Auriemma who recommended Tillet.)  Really good discussion on Tillet and how she operates. 

Tate reminded May about Richmond last season, a vet team that caught fire Tourney time.  Talked about how/why he changed the Senior Night ceremony from before the game to after.   Said he asked Kevin Lisch when he wanted it and Kevin said after the game.  

Ford discussion starts at 8:30.  May:  "Travis Ford is going to be our coach for a long time."  "There is a lot of ball to be play.  The last two weeks shows the team has bought into each other."

SLU initial Billiken Exchange had some initial success. Said "I don't think NIL is going to change the portal."  "The teams that build a solid culture will win championships."  "Too many teams, basketball (NC) and football, went big into NIL and didn't make the tourney."  Frank C said UNC may have a $2 million NIL bill this season and may not make the tourney.  May thinks more guardrails need to be put into place. 

Interesting: Thatch has had 7 interviews with World Wide Technology.

May has been on this job for 15 years.

courtside likes this

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Interesting: Thatch has had 7 interviews with World Wide Technology.

7 interviews!!!?!!  Is interviewing for the CEO position? Why TF would you need 7 interviews to hire for what is probably an entry level position?  If I'm Fred, I'm done being jerked around there if they haven't offered a job at this point.  The labor market is super tight right now, so I'm sure he has plenty of other options.

SShoe likes this

These companies and their interview processes are ridiculous.  I've had a few very serious jobs that didn't require as much.   Also according to Malcolm Gladwell's "Blink" a interviewer will decide in about 0.2 seconds if they want to hire or not.