Jump to content

Jordan Goodwin Is Now A Memphis Grizzly


thetorch

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, crymdg2 said:

Goodwin with 8 points and 12 rebounds at halftime vs the Spurs!

Just checked the box score. Played 36 minutes. 19 rebounds. 19 rebounds. How can a 6-3 guard do that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, willie said:

Just checked the box score. Played 36 minutes. 19 rebounds. 19 rebounds. How can a 6-3 guard do that. 

8 were offensive rebounds.  The entire Spurs starting lineup had only 8 offensive rebounds in the game.  7'4" Wembanyama had 1 offensive rebound in the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, willie said:

Just checked the box score. Played 36 minutes. 19 rebounds. 19 rebounds. How can a 6-3 guard do that. 

It’s all about effort.  He’ll have a long career if he stays injury free due to how hard he plays all the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

End of season numbers are very hard to gauge. Teams are tanking, rosters are all upside down. This is the time of year when borderline players put up huge numbers. Got to take advantage if every opportunity but putting up numbers in the last 10 games or so is not an indicator of being resigned by a team or boosting free agency stock. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Cowboy II said:

-that gets him a contract, right? 

somehow they would have to free up a roster spot.   no idea what their individual players remaining contracts are currently.   you would sure think so.   they obviously like him considering he is playing over their main roster players now.   that said, Ja comes back next year as well as marcus smart and derrick rose.   that's a lot of former star power that goodwin would have to battle for floor minutes.   he might be better looking for another team that is in need for a guard. you can bet scouts from other teams have noticed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

somehow they would have to free up a roster spot.   no idea what their individual players remaining contracts are currently.   you would sure think so.   they obviously like him considering he is playing over their main roster players now.   that said, Ja comes back next year as well as marcus smart and derrick rose.   that's a lot of former star power that goodwin would have to battle for floor minutes.   he might be better looking for another team that is in need for a guard. you can bet scouts from other teams have noticed. 

In a mock draft I saw they had them drafting Reed Sheppard. He would certainly get an opportunity over Jordan. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, crymdg2 said:

Goodwin another monster game tonight vs the Lakers. 

 

23 points, 17 rebounds, 4 steals

 

👏 Pay 👏 The 👏Man 👏

Grizzlies Management: 

"Oh well golly gee uh...uh we didn't expect that"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With last night's performance, Jordan Goodwin passed Willie Reed on the SLU alumni NBA all-time scoring list...a rather short list but an interesting one nonetheless

Ed Macauley  11234
Larry Hughes  10242
Bob Ferry      5780
Anthony Bonner 5594
Jordan Goodwin  767
Willie Reed     751
Bevo Nordmann   571
Robin Jones     370
Barry Orms      181
Marv Schatzman  115
Rich Nieman     113
DC Wilcutt       77
David Burns      23

NOTE: these are strictly NBA regular season numbers, no playoffs, no ABA, no BAA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, crymdg2 said:

Goodwin another monster game tonight vs the Lakers. 

 

23 points, 17 rebounds, 4 steals

 

👏 Pay 👏 The 👏Man 👏

Best part about this line is that it wasn’t at all under fluky last week of the season circumstances that @thetorch described.  The Lakers are desperately trying to better position themselves for the play-in tournament.  LeBron and AD each played over 40 minutes and it was all their normal rotation guys playing.  Goodwin is shorter than all but 2 of the 9 guys that played for the Lakers and he grabbed 17 rebounds.

A good NBA team doesn’t want Goodwin shooting the ball 23 times in a game ever, but if he’s gobbling up rebounds like Rodman and playing great defense I don’t see why he can’t latch on somewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

Best part about this line is that it wasn’t at all under fluky last week of the season circumstances that @thetorch described.  The Lakers are desperately trying to better position themselves for the play-in tournament.  LeBron and AD each played over 40 minutes and it was all their normal rotation guys playing.  Goodwin is shorter than all but 2 of the 9 guys that played for the Lakers and he grabbed 17 rebounds.

A good NBA team doesn’t want Goodwin shooting the ball 23 times in a game ever, but if he’s gobbling up rebounds like Rodman and playing great defense I don’t see why he can’t latch on somewhere.

indeed Rodman best example of what JG has always shown, thank god - the baggage. Seems like some team would seek him out next season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

Best part about this line is that it wasn’t at all under fluky last week of the season circumstances that @thetorch described.  The Lakers are desperately trying to better position themselves for the play-in tournament.  LeBron and AD each played over 40 minutes and it was all their normal rotation guys playing.  Goodwin is shorter than all but 2 of the 9 guys that played for the Lakers and he grabbed 17 rebounds.

A good NBA team doesn’t want Goodwin shooting the ball 23 times in a game ever, but if he’s gobbling up rebounds like Rodman and playing great defense I don’t see why he can’t latch on somewhere.

Goodwin will most likely get a firm contract somewhere. He is playing like Rodman did and that is a very good thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't totally understand how this contract plays out with regards to next year. I assume he will get the money no matter what, but in terms of his attachment to a particular team I assumed since he was waived by the Nets, he therefore became a free agent at the conclusion of this year? Is that an accurate assessment of the situation?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...