GDT: Bonaventure Round 2

johnbj14

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been in a sour bad difficult mood for two days….I am needing some relief. 
I had to shave off my beard!!! 

Lets start a new streak here, Bills!  

Francis picks up three assists.            

TJ pops 2 quick ones to start the game.                                                   

We switch defenses every third possession and confuse Schmidt into submission.

mhg

Littlebill likes this

I'm really hoping for a win but like your real valentine the Billikens will inevitably break your heart and leave you with only 05 to answer your texts but you don't have anything to talk about except that one time Virgel Cobbin hit 6 3PTRs vs DePaul in 1997 and that only takes 28 seconds.

Anyway yeah I hope they win

21 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

All the MBMs expect us to go lay an egg in Olean.  For this reason alone, we will probably win by double digits.  

I mean, im trying to be optimistic, but I cant find a convincing reason as to why we will win 

i think the 4 pm start time helps us.    how many of the locals can make that?  i.e. they likely wont be filled to the brim and settle the atmosphere some.   

plus the early start likely gets the billikens home tonite yet?   i assume they fly out of buffalo.   i dont know.   but looking at a map it appears to be the biggest close city.  

25 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i think the 4 pm start time helps us.    how many of the locals can make that?  i.e. they likely wont be filled to the brim and settle the atmosphere some.   

plus the early start likely gets the billikens home tonite yet?   i assume they fly out of buffalo.   i dont know.   but looking at a map it appears to be the biggest close city.  

Getting home tonight depends a lot on the bus driver showing up. 

27 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

How big is the arena? Small towns shut down for a big high school game. I am sure Olean is the same way. What is the population, 2,000?

Update: 13,000. Honestly, we shouldn’t make fun of them so much. Or we should focus on making fun of CoMo (30,000) more, because those two places are probably very similar.

24 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Yeah, I think an early start on a Monday has to be a good thing as the road team. I assume the early game time is due to this game being wedged in and accommodating our travel schedule in order to get home tonight with a game on Wednesday evening. Definitely a grind.

For  those who have given up hope ... a few last minute reminders...

Turnovers...During the 6 game win streak we had been averaging 10-11 TOs/gm...we had 18 ...one of our higher totals of the season...if we knock off 7 TOs we win.

Steals...St. B had 12 steals ...they average 5 steals...again 12  steals is something that probably won't happen again

FTs...58% on only 12 FTAs ...both will be higher this time

3P%....29% vs season average of 37% another anomaly 

All those things had to go right for St B... yet they still only won by 7.

Bills don't need a great game...They just need an average Bills game to win.....We are the better team