GDT: The Dukies

Fraz

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Billikens were rolling today. If they can play like today, this team can win the A10 Tourney.

The contra indicator is Duquesne is lousy, much worse than in recent seasons.  I was nevertheless very impressed with the Billikens today. They came out to start the 2nd Half and delivered the TKO knockout punch. Bravo!

4 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

At this rate Okoro becoming the best Billiken center in the modern era is not a stretch.

Okoro was so badly misused and under utilized at Oregon, then sat out last year of course it took awhile to get it back.   But he was an excellent AAU player so I expected this to emerge.   Admittedly it took longer than expected, but I think we are starting to see what he can do.   Just think another year as well!

dlarry likes this

KenPom has us at 61. I'm assuming that includes today's game. Imagine a slight bump in NET, landing somewhere between 68-66. 

Team needs another blowout and then a Q2 victory over Dayton next weekend. 

Dayton's November, with 3 Q4 losses, absolutely brutal. They're a really good team. Will be fun. 

4 minutes ago, Crewsorlose said:

KenPom has us at 61. I'm assuming that includes today's game. Imagine a slight bump in NET, landing somewhere between 68-66. 

Team needs another blowout and then a Q2 victory over Dayton next weekend. 

Dayton's November, with 3 Q4 losses, absolutely brutal. They're a really good team. Will be fun. 

Dayton losing those 3 Q4 games in their first 4 games is awful for the conference. They win even two of those and they are a tournament team and wins/losses against them look a lot better 

Great game today.  The new Palumbo is a joy in which to watch games.  Duquesne really did a nice upgrade to their facility.  Yes, it’s small but very well done.  Much better than La Salle, Fordham, Geedubya and St. Joe’s.  Likely better than Olean (never been there).  Seats about 5k.

Talked to Cgeldmacher and BillikenBooster. Also went down to talk to Rammer and Earl. 

Frankly, this game was a no-contest.  I read all the above comments on the refs and agree.  These guys were so out of position and making calls blind.  And yet we got mugged and nothing.  This was another game like the last two——- these teams are sooooooo bad.  Not competitive whatsoever.  It is hard to fathom there are worse teams in the NCAA.  I sat back and enjoyed the show.

According to folks I talked to from Duquesne, Dambrot is likely done.  Add him to my expected firing list along with Matt McCalk.

38 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Great game today.  The new Palumbo is a joy in which to watch games.  Duquesne really did a nice upgrade to their facility.  Yes, it’s small but very well done.  Much better than La Salle, Fordham, Geedubya and St. Joe’s.  Likely better than Olean (never been there).  Seats about 5k.

Talked to Cgeldmacher and BillikenBooster. Also went down to talk to Rammer and Earl. 

Frankly, this game was a no-contest.  I read all the above comments on the refs and agree.  These guys were so out of position and making calls blind.  And yet we got mugged and nothing.  This was another game like the last two——- these teams are sooooooo bad.  Not competitive whatsoever.  It is hard to fathom there are worse teams in the NCAA.  I sat back and enjoyed the show.

According to folks I talked to from Duquesne, Dambrot is likely done.  Add him to my expected firing list along with Matt McCalk.

Can't fire Dambrot. He coached Lebron.

On TV their arena looked awful.

TV must not have done it justice then.  And yes, relatively empty.  Spoke to Rammer and he pointed out how nice it was as well compared to old Palumbo.  The place is small (5k) but nice sight lines and close to court.  I’d place it above La Salle, St. Joes, Fordham, Geedubya, the Bonnie’s and maybe even Davidson.  Could even be a notch above Siegel.