The Memphis Game

47 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

When Corey Tate's said in an interview a month ago that Traore would play, I thought he was just being complementary of a new commitment.  But given what Traore shown through exhibition season til now, Tate's assessment appears to be more than coachspeak.  How a 6'9 guy with good athleticism and a decent mid-range jumper was available in August is beyond me.

-I don't want to go too fast too soon, but this kind of good stuff for us is not the norm, please keep it coming as so far, like you said, he is way above expectations

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looked it up.  I was right.

Now Muriel plays piano
Every Friday at the Hollywood
And they brought me down to see her
And they asked me if I would
Do a little number
And I sang with all my might
She said
"Tell me are you a Christian child?"
And I said "Ma'am, I am tonight"

2 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

When Corey Tate's said in an interview a month ago that Traore would play, I thought he was just being complimentary of a new commitment.  But given what Traore shown through exhibition season til now, Tate's assessment appears to be more than coachspeak.  How a 6'9 guy with good athleticism and a decent mid-range jumper was available in August is beyond me.

We've gotten lucky with many new guys lately, namely every new recruit or transfer on the roster. 

Hopefully LT turns out to be as much of a hidden gem as ML. 

On 11/12/2021 at 11:23 AM, 3star_recruit said:

When Corey Tate's said in an interview a month ago that Traore would play, I thought he was just being complimentary of a new commitment.  But given what Traore shown through exhibition season til now, Tate's assessment appears to be more than coachspeak.  How a 6'9 guy with good athleticism and a decent mid-range jumper was available in August is beyond me.

Given his age, high school stats and the fact he was still available…. I didn’t think he would be here beyond a year.  I thought it was a favor to coach we want to have a good relationship with.

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Given his age, high school stats and the fact he was still available…. I didn’t think he would be here beyond a year.  I thought it was a favor to coach we want to have a good relationship with.

Agreed. I have to imagine that were it not for COVID then Traore would have already signed for some mid-major school months before the SLU recruitment

On 11/12/2021 at 11:23 AM, 3star_recruit said:

He has also shown a little ability to put the ball on the floor and drive to the rim. More so than Okoro has. Like most others I'm pleasantly surprised

billiken_roy likes this

If it gets to a point where Traore is playing any stretches, we’re in trouble. You can be happy with where he is and also think that he’s not ready to guard guys like Duren. I hope I’m wrong but we will see.

I think Okoro is going to have to play well on D if we are to win. The other route will be Linssen besting their bigs and getting them in foul trouble. 

Memphis is good. This is a deep, talented Bills team, and Memphis is even more so. Their size is a matchup nightmare for us.

yuri is going to have to be awesome and we’re going to have to shoot well. If we don’t, it’ll be a long, long night because I’m not sure we will be able to clean the boards like we usually will, which is usually our equalizer on a rough night.

we don’t have Javonte here to single-handedly keep us in a game like v LSU last year.

I’m bracing for the worst but think our shooting can keep us in it until the end