Taj79

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

good for david dooley.   

I agree with your feelings Roy but you got to like RI wanting to continue winning.

Could you imagine Pitino showing up at Chaifetz how much fun we could have taunting him.

2 minutes ago, willie said:

My take is that it's too bad it didn't happen. Pitino gives the league a huge press upgrade. He would win. National exposure we can't get any other way. He would also have to run a clean program. I understand why a president would say no but from a basketball prospective it would have been good. 

Willie, I totally agree with you.

22 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I agree with your feelings Roy but you got to like RI wanting to continue winning.

Could you imagine Pitino showing up at Chaifetz how much fun we could have taunting him.

We used to have the pleasure of doing that at the Savvis / Scottrade Center from '02 - '05.  I always had fun giving it to Denny Crum in the years prior.

pitino has enough character faults and errors in his ways i dont want anything to do with him.  i understand the good that it might bring to the conference, but i want pitino to go away permanently.   the world needs less of rick pitinos.

dennis_w and AGB91 like this

40 minutes ago, willie said:

My take is that it's too bad it didn't happen. Pitino gives the league a huge press upgrade. He would win. National exposure we can't get any other way. He would also have to run a clean program. I understand why a president would say no but from a basketball prospective it would have been good. 

-I don't know that he would have to run a clean program by NCAA standards, but this would have been HUGE for the league and agree with your other points

-who is plan B for Rhodey?

44 minutes ago, Matty Light said:

We used to have the pleasure of doing that at the Savvis / Scottrade Center from '02 - '05.  I always had fun giving it to Denny Crum in the years prior.

I really loved giving it to Bob Huggins the most.  I miss that jerk.

Matty Light likes this

2 hours ago, willie said:

Pitino = clean program   Not going to ever happen.  Here is the other thing - why would the AD not have kept the President in the loop prior to starting negotiations?  Had he done that they never would have gotten to the talking stage.  All of you who saying this would be great for RI - when Pitino gets caught and the school is in big trouble who wears the collar - the AD or President.  The president - the buck stops with him.

If URI had hired Pitino you can bet your bottom dollar from day 1 he'd have been pushing for the Rams to get into the Beast or the AAC. He'd never have stood for coaching in the A10. Remember what he did when he got to UL when they were in CUSA. He was clear that he was not happy with UL being in CUSA. Then when UL went to the Beast he pushed them aside for the ACC. I know it wasn't all on him He wanted out and first shot he got he bolted.

No doubt it would have been big national news and pub for the A10. But it would have been temporary. The A10's not a big enough platform for Slick Rick.

If URI wants to make a splash hire go after Porter. Not sure he'd leave for the A10 at this point but might as well give him the opportunity to say no thanks.

12 minutes ago, slu72 said:

If URI had hired Pitino you can bet your bottom dollar from day 1 he'd have been pushing for the Rams to get into the Beast or the AAC. He'd never have stood for coaching in the A10. Remember what he did when he got to UL when they were in CUSA. He was clear that he was not happy with UL being in CUSA. Then when UL went to the Beast he pushed them aside for the ACC. I know it wasn't all on him He wanted out and first shot he got he bolted.

No doubt it would have been big national news and pub for the A10. But it would have been temporary. The A10's not a big enough platform for Slick Rick.

If URI wants to make a splash hire go after Porter. Not sure he'd leave for the A10 at this point but might as well give him the opportunity to say no thanks.

II don't think you give enough credit to Louisville's ex AD Jurich. [sp] . 

24 minutes ago, slu72 said:

UL got into the BE and now the ACC because they have a D1 football program.  Without that they would not have ever been invited to the ACC and the BE which was looking to have 8 football schools.  By the way there is a reason that no other school has offered him a job - he is toxic.  The NCAA and the FBI will be crawling up the school;s rear end who hires him from day 1.

9 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

UL got into the BE and now the ACC because they have a D1 football program.  Without that they would not have ever been invited to the ACC and the BE which was looking to have 8 football schools.  By the way there is a reason that no other school has offered him a job - he is toxic.  The NCAA and the FBI will be crawling up the school;s rear end who hires him from day 1.

That's why I said his program would be clean.