Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

Thank you Freddy P and crew for needlessly dragging this out and making my trip from Cedar Hill to Chaifetz a total buzz kill today.  I will really enjoy walking from the parking garage in 20 degree temps knowing 8 scholarship players will dress again and struggle offensively.  Good job Freddy P and crew for wasting Roby's senior year.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

@Taj79, I think the difference in the Minnesota case is that the accuser was not a student at Minnesota.  Thus there was no imminent danger or inconvenience to the accuser for the accused to remain active in campus activities.

If that’s the case, do cheerleaders accompany the team to road games? Asking for a friend.

21 minutes ago, Bobby Metzinger said:

If that’s the case, do cheerleaders accompany the team to road games? Asking for a friend.

I addressed that in an earlier post.  Hope you don't think I'm supporting the university's actions, because they're indefensible.  They goofed, and it appears their initial intent was to apply preemptive punishment to the players prior to the investigation.

18 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

Victims should not be suspended. Had the boys accused the girls, then maybe a different.

Come on Clock, who in his/her right mind would buy it if the three guys had shown up at the ER claiming these women had raped them, under the influence of alcohol and without their consent, and bewailing the fact that a VIDEO had been made? There would have been at least a couple of cops falling on the floor laughing at the story. Be real.

Old man. There is a difference between  criminal

18 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Come on Clock, who in his/her right mind would buy it if the three guys had shown up at the ER claiming these women had raped them, under the influence of alcohol and without their consent, and bewailing the fact that a VIDEO had been made? There would have been at least a couple of cops falling on the floor laughing at the story. Be real.

Old man. There is a difference between criminal rape charges at the police station with the real criminal justice system and  SLU’s code of conduct laws with Kratky’s office. Do you not understand the difference?  I do. And yes, I would counsel all men who claim consensual sex to file counter charges against the women for violations of their Title IX rights and demand the women be kicked off campus or at least away from them. Had the boys done this, they likely would be playing and their names not tarnished. 

HenryB and CBFan like this

35 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Old man. There is a difference between  criminal

Old man. There is a difference between criminal rape charges at the police station with the real criminal justice system and  SLU’s code of conduct laws with Kratky’s office. Do you not understand the difference?  I do. And yes, I would counsel all men who claim consensual sex to file counter charges against the women for violations of their Title IX rights and demand the women be kicked off campus or at least away from them. Had the boys done this, they likely would be playing and their names not tarnished. 

+1

I think as a few people mentioned the problem at this point is we all have been too passive. There is no media coverage, social media interest or pressure of any kind on SLU to resolve this. If the girls involved are white which is widely believed, this is a perfect hot button race issue for Black Lives Matter, Nancy Grace...etc..all kinds of groups and people that can start stuff. Lets get the word out...Call Elliot Davis and have him interview Freddy P.  If this story blows up about how 3 young black men who have been charged with nothing are being treated, it can be resolved real fast if SLU feels the heat.

Bobby Metzinger likes this

12 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

Well said Clock, the factor you do not seem (or do not want) to understand is that when you go head on pressing the idea of getting the women out of the court so that the players can play by "counseling the players to file counter charges against the women for violations of their Title IX rights" (your statement was slightly modified from all men.. to players), you are in fact adding layers of complexity and delay to the resolution of this case. At the speed this process is going, just dealing with the counter charges and the conflicts and appeals that will result from the counter charges is likely to add a lot more complexity and require a lot more time to process before they finally resolve S2.

The way the processing is going and considering your often stated desire for an expedient resolution of the issue, isn't this idea of having the players filing counter charges likely to produce just the opposite result to what you really want? 

10 hours ago, mrjoelabs said:

I think as a few people mentioned the problem at this point is we all have been too passive. There is no media coverage, social media interest or pressure of any kind on SLU to resolve this. If the girls involved are white which is widely believed, this is a perfect hot button race issue for Black Lives Matter, Nancy Grace...etc..all kinds of groups and people that can start stuff. Lets get the word out...Call Elliot Davis and have him interview Freddy P.  If this story blows up about how 3 young black men who have been charged with nothing are being treated, it can be resolved real fast if SLU feels the heat.

Nancy Grace? She is still on television? Aligning with BLM? 

That is going to win hearts and minds?

i doubt Freddy P ever gives an interview on this situation. As it should be.

No one has posted anything from Title IX bylaws that say fans should be kept in the loop.

Before this situation how many people even cared about Titke IX?

3 hours ago, Old guy said:

Well said Clock, the factor you do not seem (or do not want) to understand is that when you go head on pressing the idea of getting the women out of the court so that the players can play by "counseling the players to file counter charges against the women for violations of their Title IX rights" (your statemkent was slightly modified from all men.. to players), you are in fact adding layers of complexity and delay to the resolution of this . At the speed this process is going, just dealing with the counter charges and the conflicts and appeals that will result from the counter charges is likely to add a lot more complexity and require a lot more time to process before they finally resolve S2.

The way the processing is going and considering your often stated desire for an expedient resolution of the issue, isn't this idea of having the players filing counter charges likely to produce just the opposite result to what you really want? 

Yes and no. Clearly the players chose not to file counter claims of Title IX violations and, by some accounts of posters likely in the know, chose the self imposed ban on games presumably after receiving initial feedback. At the end of the day, the boys are not playing games and our team is losing /suffering just like under S1; however, I would suggest that KM would have preferred the current player’s game ban and being able to stay in school, go to class, practice, travel etc. 

I have to believe the boys chose the path they did bc they were told, or lead to believe, the process would be quick - and it hasn’t . Maybe the boys thought truth and being cooperative would help them. Maybe they trusted the process and timelines.  Maybe they underestimated the resistance and the fight of the accusers.  400 exhibits? This has not turned into an impartial person talking to each side, watching the video and making a decision.

What were the boys told? In hindsight, I suggest the wrong decision and chose the wrong tactics.

dlarry likes this

1 minute ago, NH said:

If the players don’t play at all this year, is there any precedent to some sort of waiver which would allow them to get an extra year of eligibility?

i do not think so.   i would be shocked if the ncaa would "reward" players over academia powers.   it is my opinion our three players have just lost a year at least if not more.   i no longer hold out any hope for positive news and believe we will be bent over by krafty and pesty.  

7 minutes ago, NH said:

If the players don’t play at all this year, is there any precedent to some sort of waiver which would allow them to get an extra year of eligibility?

Yes, the NCAA has granted a 5th year in title 9 investigations where the student athlete was eventually cleared.  Most recent was UNC football player.

Buster likes this