Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

So maybe now they got the go ahead to move back to campus?  Just speculating really

If players are moving back to campus, that would seem to be a big tell that the initial ruling is pretty favorable to the players.

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

If players are moving back to campus, that would seem to be a big tell that the initial ruling is pretty favorable to the players.

It certainly runs contrary to a ruling of suspension or expulsion. 

12 minutes ago, davidnark said:

It certainly runs contrary to a ruling of suspension or expulsion. 

But this is the SLU administration we're talking about.  They are capable of anything...illogical behavior the norm.  As a result, I'm not holding my breath until a final verdict is rendered and communicated.

11 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-I heard a gentleman at the Richmond game who said he was Ty Graves father give some interesting information about S2, he said there was a cheerleader involved who was at the game Sat night cheering, said everything was consensual, said the text messages between the women was part of the reason no criminal charges will be brought, said the women bought the condoms, said the women put the condoms on the guys, said there was a fourth person (player) and he has no idea why this person is playing and his son isn't, said the video was thought to have been posted to a private site but mistakenly it was a public site, Ty was moved back into SLU housing in the last few days,  said the players were taken by police car from the campus every day to their living quarters, the hearing officer is a white woman, DrP  is doing nothing, CMay is trying, the U administration has totally botched this, he said one of the women wants nothing more to do the investigation and is not able to be found since the semester ended , said in the next few days there should be a decision

Holy shyt Batman (Cowboy) real info!!! If all true and boyz are back on court with no charges it will be hard for the powers that be to justify how long it took.

11 minutes ago, almaman said:

Holy shyt Batman (Cowboy) real info!!! If all true and boyz are back on court with no charges it will be hard for the powers that be to justify how long it took.

Actually if this is the outcome it would let the school say we had to do a thorough investigation to ensure that when a decision came down it could be defensible either way - takes time.  The problem with spin is it goes both ways.

Well none of the players have transferred which would seem like the case if they were guilty. I heard a majority of the pressure was from the sororities where the screenshots and tweets were being passed around. I also heard from my source in athletics that there was substantial amount of evidence in the players defense which leads me to believe that the statement from Graves dad is correct. I have hope 

23 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Actually if this is the outcome it would let the school say we had to do a thorough investigation to ensure that when a decision came down it could be defensible either way - takes time.  The problem with spin is it goes both ways.

If they are found innocent/not punished, it does NOT in any way change the fact that the school punished someone that their own protracted investigation could not find ample evidence to punish.  It looks awful that things were drawn out and spinning it could make the school look worse.  The spin could evolve into "since the allegations were really serious, we made sure to punish the players (and then extend that punishment as long as possible) regardless of outcome to let people know how serious the allegations are".  That will play as well as the Kratky Title IX story in the Post about the kid who got expelled and then it was overturned when the girl with the overnight bag stayed at his apartment.

15 minutes ago, SLU_Lax said:

If they are found innocent/not punished, it does NOT in any way change the fact that the school punished someone that their own protracted investigation could not find ample evidence to punish.  It looks awful that things were drawn out and spinning it could make the school look worse.  The spin could evolve into "since the allegations were really serious, we made sure to punish the players (and then extend that punishment as long as possible) regardless of outcome to let people know how serious the allegations are".  That will play as well as the Kratky Title IX story in the Post about the kid who got expelled and then it was overturned when the girl with the overnight bag stayed at his apartment.

im going to be pissed if no one is canned, or suspended if the players come out of this whole thing innocent.  Unfortunately, I'll probably be pissed. 

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

im going to be pissed if no one is canned, or suspended if the players come out of this whole thing innocent.  Unfortunately, I'll probably be pissed. 

They could always level a punishment that is the equivalent of time served. That way nobody was "innocent" and all parties are incentivized to just move on.

Are we sure the whole team was moved off campus or just the S2 guys? I live in the same apartment complex that the S2 guys were supposedly moved to and with the exception of seeing Foreman one time with AD, Bishop, and Graves, I've only ever seen the S2 players there.

If the players are cleared, SLU can spin this as a teaching moment and emphasize the importance of following the process and fully analyzing the situation. They can also use this to show that allegations will be taken seriously.

With that said, if the information from Cowboy's post is what is being dealt with here, the obvious question is why did this take so long? You could've accomplished everything in my above paragraph in much less time.

Ive suggested before that if the players are cleared, there should be resignations turned in over the delay in this process. There is one qualifier I'd add, and that is that this should only happen if you can prove there was an unreasonable delay in this process, i.e it can be shown that early on it was determined that the conduct  wasn't worthy of disciplinary action, but someone gave a direction to draw this process out, which unfairly prejudiced the players.