2024-25 Roster

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-I hope all of you who are so happy about GibJim returning understand the game will be different for him as there will be an actual offense, he won't be able to run the weave, there might actually be a proper screen or two set and he shouldn't have to run miles each game trying to get open - - how he reacts to these will be significant to the team's success

3 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-I hope all of you who are so happy about GibJim returning understand the game will be different for him as there will be an actual offense, he won't be able to run the weave, there might actually be a proper screen or two set and he shouldn't have to run miles each game trying to get open - - how he reacts to these will be significant to the team's success

The tone of this post is really weird and I'm not sure what you're going for as a conclusion. You are talking about things that are all beneficial to him and will make the game miles easier but also sounds like you think these things are barriers to his success? 

cheeseman, crymdg2 and WUH like this

13 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

The current Billiken is a woman who can actually break it down really well, funnily enough.

Call me old man who yells at cloud or put me on Board Geniuses, but I'm not a HUGE fan of the diva Billiken dance moves. I don't mind the Billiken getting down but I guess I prefer my Billiken gender neutral. 

laker119 likes this

7 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

He got 2-3 baskets a game going back door with Yuri. That went away last year but will return this year. He's very good at it. I could see him averaging close to 20 a game.

CenHudDude likes this

6 minutes ago, DOC said:

He got 2-3 baskets a game going back door with Yuri. That went away last year but will return this year. He's very good at it. I could see him averaging close to 20 a game.

He will have to do it on fewer minutes. Don't believe he will average 38 minutes a game. 

DOC likes this

7 minutes ago, willie said:

He will have to do it on fewer minutes. Don't believe he will average 38 minutes a game. 

And if he doesn’t have to play 38 mins a game, that is undoubtedly a great thing

willie likes this

43 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Call me old man who yells at cloud or put me on Board Geniuses, but I'm not a HUGE fan of the diva Billiken dance moves. I don't mind the Billiken getting down but I guess I prefer my Billiken gender neutral. 

Didn't mean to pull back the curtain on ya 😅

You've gotta say though, the banter with the Minnesota mascot was top-tier stuff.

So right now SLU has 4 Guards 

Thames

Hughes

Jimmerson

Williford incoming Freshman 

Need PGs

9 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

So right now SLU has 4 Guards 

Thames

Hughes

Jimmerson

Williford incoming Freshman 

Need PGs

Swope isn't really a PG either, so if we land him it still applies. 

Just now, wgstl said:

Swope isn't really a PG either, so if we land him it still applies. 

I think there's some positionless basketball amongst guards in the system once you get into the half court. But if you get pressed you need a guy with those ball handling skills sometimes.

Earlier this week Coach said he had two players on the roster - Hughes and Thames.  Last night he said it looked like there would be a third, which of course is Jimerson.  He also said he had 10 scholarships to fill.

That leads to the question of the status of Williford? If he was 'solid' that would mean only 9 scholarships to fill.  Coach definitely said 10.

Has he been released from his NLI?  Will he be coming into SLU on a visit?

Just now, slufan13 said:

Revisionist history or was I never this excited in the Ford era?

I think maybe when Carteare Gordon committed the fever pitch around here was at a similar level.  We had Goodwin and French coming in, along with some really good (seeming) transfers.  Never panned out unfortunately 

8 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Earlier this week Coach said he had two players on the roster - Hughes and Thames.  Last night he said it looked like there would be a third, which of course is Jimerson.  He also said he had 10 scholarships to fill.

That leads to the question of the status of Williford? If he was 'solid' that would mean only 9 scholarships to fill.  Coach definitely said 10.

Has he been released from his NLI?  Will he be coming into SLU on a visit?

I haven't seen that he's been released from his NLI. He had an offer from ISU as well so I could see him still coming.

HoosierPal likes this

13 minutes ago, slubillikens43 said:

I haven't seen that he's been released from his NLI. He had an offer from ISU as well so I could see him still coming.

I have no inside info, but I'd be surprised if he still comes. An NLI signed in the fall under a different coach means pretty much nothing in today's world of portals and changing NIL offers (using NLI and NIL in one sentence is dangerous).

40 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

I think maybe when Carteare Gordon committed the fever pitch around here was at a similar level.  We had Goodwin and French coming in, along with some really good (seeming) transfers.  Never panned out unfortunately 

I think most of the excitement is centered around the idea that we've watched exactly what we're getting and that we're getting a few of the players from that team we watched. Even if we had gotten an up and coming coach and not a retread like Ford we still would likely have a year or two full rebuild. 

52 minutes ago, kshoe said:

I have no inside info, but I'd be surprised if he still comes. An NLI signed in the fall under a different coach means pretty much nothing in today's world of portals and changing NIL offers (using NLI and NIL in one sentence is dangerous).

Kind of agree. Coach wouldn’t have said 10 to fill. I think NLI’s are pretty much useless anymore. Many ‘reconsider’ once they sign. You are right. More $.  Business decision some say. 

I am very happy that Jimerson is coming back for next season. I am sure that we finally have a coach that can coach and develop players. I feel confident that Jimerson will do just fine under Schertz's guidance.