2024-25 Roster

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, meerkat said:

Would love to pick up Bowen Born. Seems like he'd be a good fit.

The idea of 2 guys under 5’10 possibly  playing alongside seems… 

1 hour ago, slufan13 said:

I'm loving how organized the coaching staff is with the athletic department, social media, local media, etc. It's a huge change from anything we've seen and it's great. 

Yes, notice an IMMEDIATE post on the website of any new commitment.....that's a big change...and it's now appearing in my facebook feed as well....

4 hours ago, slu72 said:

I’d be wary of any more FR unless they’re a game changer. They’re likely gonna sit, get ticked off, and then leave. Fill it out with experienced guys to provide cover for injuries. Find an Avila in training and he’ll likely stay because Robbie may go pro after this season. His backup will then see potential minutes in his future and likely stay. 

According to nba.com Robbie’s not on the radar for the 2025 draft.  He’s not projected to be drafted in 2026 either.

Things can change, but we should plan on 2 seasons.

7 minutes ago, Fraz said:

According to nba.com Robbie’s not on the radar for the 2025 draft.  He’s not projected to be drafted in 2026 either.

Things can change, but we should plan on 2 seasons.

I hope so too. But he still needs a backup. In CJS I trust. 

Fraz likes this

This might be helpful as things are changing every day or so. Here are the players we have to this point:

Gibson Jimerson 6’5” Sr, 215, Guard Wing, 36 Min, 16 Pts, 2.9 RB, 3Pt% 36, FT% 86 Billikens

Robbie Avila 6’10”240 Jr, Center, 31 Min, 17 Pts, 7 RB, 3Pt% 39m FT% 81 Indiana State

Isaiah Swope 5’10” 170, SR, Guard, 33 Min, 16 Pts, 3 RB, 3Pt% 36, FT% 74 Indiana State

Larry Hughes II 6’4” 185 Jr, Guard, 23 Min, 7 Pts, 2.7 RB, 3 Pt% 35, FT% 77 Billikens

Kellen Thames 6’5” 205, SO, Guard, 19 Min, 6 Pts, 3.7 RB, 3 Pt% 36, FT% 55 Billikens

Josiah Dotzler 6’3” 185, SO, Guard, 4Min, 1 Pts, 0 RB, 3Pt% 18, FT% 60, Creighton

Freshman:

Max Pikaar 6’11” 205, FR, Power Forward, Double/Double, 3Pt% 40, FT% ?  Netherlands - Sunrise Christian Acaademy (Kansas)

Amari McCottry 6’6” 180, FR, Guard Wing, 22 Pts, 9 RB, St. Thomas More, 247 3*

11 minutes ago, Fraz said:

I want Manyawu and Casey

Cam is my #1 because he can play both the 4 and back up 5.  or for those who yell positionless, back up Robbie

TheChosenOne likes this

Frank said on his show that Casey’s commitment is supposed to come today. He mentioned him and Avila playing at the same time with Casey being the 5 and Robbie playing the 4. Not sure if that was his assumption or what Schertz told him. With the way Schertz’s offense doesn’t use traditional positions, it doesn’t really sound like something Schertz would say.

TheChosenOne likes this

7 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Frank said on his show that Casey’s commitment is supposed to come today. He mentioned him and Avila playing at the same time with Casey being the 5 and Robbie playing the 4. Not sure if that was his assumption or what Schertz told him. With the way Schertz’s offense doesn’t use traditional positions, it doesn’t really sound like something Schertz would say.

This is interesting, mainly because im not sure even coach could comfortably say he may even play a lot. 

32 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

In an early interview with Bernie, Coach said he can adapt his style to the player on the roster. He mentioned a starter at LMU, Emanual Terry who had a cup of coffee in the NBA, but he couldn't shoot or pass, but was a runner and a great rim protector and defender.   

40 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Did he also say Hunter was visiting today and a commitment is imminent?

I understand some of the concerns about Hunter's efficiency, but when I look at his video, I see some similarities to Conwell. Maybe it's because they have similar size and are both lefties. 

Conwell did not have good efficiency his first year either, but greatly improved by playing under Schertz. Perhaps Hunter could do the same in this system. He may not be quite the same scorer as Conwell, but would probably be a better distributor - closer to being a PG.

TheChosenOne likes this

15 minutes ago, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

I want Hunter. His FT % is great. Therefore, I bet he can shoot. Just needs to take more high percentage shots. Thats where Schertz's system comes into play. I bet he would do well here.

Hunter didn't play last season.  Broke his foot in October.  He was in the portal last season (before his injury) committed to Butler and then reneged and stayed at Central Ark. 

23 minutes ago, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

I want Hunter. His FT % is great. Therefore, I bet he can shoot. Just needs to take more high percentage shots. Thats where Schertz's system comes into play. I bet he would do well here.

I agree with this.  Look for athletes who you know can shoot and defend, but maybe didn't put up numbers at their previous school for whatever reason.  Then, let their natural athleticism and shooting ability thrive in Schertz's system where they might be getting many more open shots.  That's another reason I feel as if Gibby might have a great final season.

6 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I agree with this.  Look for athletes who you know can shoot and defend, but maybe didn't put up numbers at their previous school for whatever reason.  Then, let their natural athleticism and shooting ability thrive in Schertz's system where they might be getting many more open shots.  That's another reason I feel as if Gibby might have a great final season.

He wasn't good defensively at CAU, but I trust Schertz and the staff.