Join A Grassroots Movement for Change of AD and MBB Coach

TheA_Bomb

26 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

We don't know if it's his son or not. Both accounts started on the same day and were active in close succession with the other. 1 account was acknowledged to be the son not the most over the top account on the coach's show.

But we don't know who it was. We do know that they both started same time one right after the other defending Ford. Then they both stopped.

Kinda suspicious 

You’re right, very suspicious. I’m simply saying that Travis Ford knows what his contract calls for, is perfectly free to tell his son that, and the other person who created that account the same day as his son did had to be working together. That person is much better positioned to know what’s in the contract than anyone else posting here. I think we need to treat that $10 million buyout as the real figure until we have more definitive information. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Lord Elrond said:

You’re right, very suspicious. I’m simply saying that Travis Ford knows what his contract calls for, is perfectly free to tell his son that, and the other person who created that account the same day as his son did had to be working together. That person is much better positioned to know what’s in the contract than anyone else posting here. I think we need to treat that $10 million buyout as the real figure until we have more definitive information. 

I agree with your point that he could know what the buyout is but I am still a sceptic . If I was Ford would I tell my relatively young son what my employment contract is  That’s giving the kid a lot of private information  . Could he Yes  .I don’t think I would  

19 minutes ago, willie said:

I agree with your point that he could know what the buyout is but I am still a sceptic . If I was Ford would I tell my relatively young son what my employment contract is  That’s giving the kid a lot of private information  . Could he Yes  .I don’t think I would  

My argument is that of all the information on here, that buyout sum comes from the one which is most likely to be accurate because of where it comes from. The SLU side simply does not put out information, they keep that closely held. Unless you can look at the contract, anything is just rumor and hearsay that you see on here. But the Travis Ford knows what’s in his contract. Again, do I know for a fact it’s true? No. Just saying the source of the information is in a position to actually know, a position far more likely to have the correct information than anyone else outside of the SLU athletic department. 

22 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

My argument is that of all the information on here, that buyout sum comes from the one which is most likely to be accurate because of where it comes from. The SLU side simply does not put out information, they keep that closely held. Unless you can look at the contract, anything is just rumor and hearsay that you see on here. But the Travis Ford knows what’s in his contract. Again, do I know for a fact it’s true? No. Just saying the source of the information is in a position to actually know, a position far more likely to have the correct information than anyone else outside of the SLU athletic department. 

-refresh my memory, what is that source?

20 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

It was all deleted from Twitter, it was from the accounts that Ford’s son and that other guy set up for the day of burnergate. 10 Mil was what they threw out

MBM's had been speculating that for awhile that the worst case buyout was $2.5M x 4 years = $10M.  The burner account could have very well just ran with that to achieve maximum consternation amongst us.

On 1/28/2024 at 12:11 PM, TRN said:

If he wants out of Norman the logical landing spot is DePaul.  He’s from Chicago, they have a new arena, are in the Big East, and are making a commitment to NIL.

Depaul went down a similar path when they snagged Oliver Purnell. Purnell was at ACC Clemson in which he had success. Like previous and following coaches at the Big East DePaul, he failed miserably. 

An article in the newspaper pushes the issue into public view in a way that SLU just can’t ignore. In case you’re wondering, SLU was ignoring the issue publicly.  Privately, they must realize where this is headed. The real nightmare scenario is that SLU can’t find the money to buy out Travis Ford.

30 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

An article in the newspaper pushes the issue into public view in a way that SLU just can’t ignore. In case you’re wondering, SLU was ignoring the issue publicly.  Privately, they must realize where this is headed. The real nightmare scenario is that SLU can’t find the money to buy out Travis Ford.

Perhaps SLU is doing some things behind the scenes to get in front of the inevitability.  Things seem to be in motion since Dr. C was in town.  That said, it's an awkward position for Coaching staff and players if CTF is indeed in lame-duck status.

13 minutes ago, Dr Bird said:

Perhaps SLU is doing some things behind the scenes to get in front of the inevitability.  Things seem to be in motion since Dr. C was in town.  That said, it's an awkward position for Coaching staff and players if CTF is indeed in lame-duck status.

I sincerely hope they are doing something to get in front of things. We will find out in time.

billiken_roy likes this

12 hours ago, TheBand said:

Here's our billboard. The first (public) domino has fallen...

Pure conjecture on my part but if I'm one of the "2nd tier" whales that wanted Ford gone last year, what better way to get the wheels in motion than to reach out to Hochman and have him write this piece on Ford. Or, Hochman just relied on his eyes and brain to write this story...

This is the only thing that matters. If the money is there, he's gone.

8 minutes ago, ACE said:

This is the only thing that matters. If the money is there, he's gone.

Serious question - with the donors this university has, is it actually a serious possibility that the money isn’t there??

3 minutes ago, TheOne said:

image.thumb.png.c5386bd3c253a85137b4f4a9503e1f0d.png

Oh damn worse 

Fire May even harder what a terrible decision. Boosters that liked him and kept him in place now realize that was a mistake.

Bizziken likes this