Transfers - 2023

ACE

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile Big time coaches keep appearing in articles saying that recruiting freshman is dead and everyone must recruit the portal almost exclusively.  Any freshman in your program is just a transfer waiting to happen.

Then the stats come out and most transfers are coming out of higher level schools while those schools still recruit freshman.

Makes me think that the transfer portal is just a way for high major schools to dump their recruiting mistakes on smaller schools and reload talent quicker.  Meanwhile competing less against mid and low majors for freshman recruits.

My eye test says the transfer portal isn't that talented.  A mid major relying on it for the majority of their recruiting classes is going to fail.

Recruiting freshman is still the way to go.

Zink, BilliesBy40, JMM28 and 1 other like this

Monday has come and gone, getting later into Tuesday... 

The Waiting is the hardest part- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers 

Does anyone else receive aggressive messages from Big Bill Fan? I don’t pay much attention to posters or if I have a private message, but noticed I had back to back private messages from him calling me a d!ckhead, a loser, and I should be ashamed of myself. I don’t know what I would have posted, but was curious if anyone else is fortunate enough to receive similar messages from that poster. Maybe chill out a bit BBF, it’s a message board.

19 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Does anyone else receive aggressive messages from Big Bill Fan? I don’t pay much attention to posters or if I have a private message, but noticed I had back to back private messages from him calling me a d!ckhead, a loser, and I should be ashamed of myself. I don’t know what I would have posted, but was curious if anyone else is fortunate enough to receive similar messages from that poster. Maybe chill out a bit BBF, it’s a message board.

Unreal, the one who CALLED FRANK CUSUMANO A D***HEAD IS YOU! How come it’s ok for you to say that about others, but not ok for others to say it about yourself?? I stopped posting on this board because of the incessant and irrational hate for Ford, and because of nitwits like yourself..sorry about the interruption, please get back to railings on the deficiencies of our current coach…

On 6/27/2023 at 12:04 PM,  gobillsgo said: 

Like Frank as a person, and appreciate that he gives the program attention, but I take what he says about guys being “difference makers” with a grain of salt.  As others have said, he’s the biggest Ford stan there is.

Frank is a d!ckhead (I like little about him and the stories about him as a golf dad run quite counter to his Christian values he speaks of), but I do appreciate that he covers our Billikens. Completely agree that any opinion he has should likely be taken with a grain of salt, but his information is directly from the program.

26 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Hmmm....does "private message" mean anything to you? Only a jerk would share a message that was clearly intended to be personal.  It is a very poor reflection upon you...it really reveals how weak and pathetic you are. After Steve referred to a group of "bad actors" were causing the problems on the board, I decided I would no longer engage with the over the top, unrelenting hate Ford crowd. Others also decided to  disengage. There are numerous long time posters who have stayed away- BBF, Dennis_w, very notably. It is interesting that our disappearance hasn't slowed the irrational hate one bit. Perhaps Steve might want to reevaluate who the "bad actors" are.🤔

27 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Unreal, the one who CALLED FRANK CUSUMANO A D***HEAD IS YOU! How come it’s ok for you to say that about others, but not ok for others to say it about yourself?? I stopped posting on this board because of the incessant and irrational hate for Ford, and because of nitwits like yourself..sorry about the interruption, please get back to railings on the deficiencies of our current coach…

On 6/27/2023 at 12:04 PM,  gobillsgo said: 

Like Frank as a person, and appreciate that he gives the program attention, but I take what he says about guys being “difference makers” with a grain of salt.  As others have said, he’s the biggest Ford stan there is.

Frank is a d!ckhead (I like little about him and the stories about him as a golf dad run quite counter to his Christian values he speaks of), but I do appreciate that he covers our Billikens. Completely agree that any opinion he has should likely be taken with a grain of salt, but his information is directly from the program.

Frank as BBF or one of Ford’s relatives ?

Glad I’m not a betting man.

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

Harassment of a poster in their PMs probably deserves removal from the board entirely. 

1 hour ago, HenryB said:

Hmmm....does "private message" mean anything to you? Only a jerk would share a message that was clearly intended to be personal.  It is a very poor reflection upon you...it really reveals how weak and pathetic you are. After Steve referred to a group of "bad actors" were causing the problems on the board, I decided I would no longer engage with the over the top, unrelenting hate Ford crowd. Others also decided to  disengage. There are numerous long time posters who have stayed away- BBF, Dennis_w, very notably. It is interesting that our disappearance hasn't slowed the irrational hate one bit. Perhaps Steve might want to reevaluate who the "bad actors" are.🤔

A PM that contains harassment or threats physical harm should not be considered "private."

2 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

Yep. They're a weirdo. Just like their alter ego HenryB.

21 minutes ago, thetorch said:

A PM that contains harassment or threats physical harm should not be considered "private."

🤣🤣🤣 Did you leave out the blue font? He simply called him the exact thing the Chosen one called Frank. Are you saying The Chosen one is guilty of threatening and harassing Frank? Are you saying the Chosen one should be suspended? Have you no self-awareness whatsoever?🙄

By the way GW offered Ace Flagg, twin brother of #2 best Cooper Flagg in class of 25, so should we. Ace played well at the Peach Jam. I’d love to see a kid from Maine at SLU. Plus, he plays a lot like Conklin. It’s just an offer. Do it, Travis.