Transfers - 2023

ACE

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Lord Elrond said:

No one apparently. I think it’s pretty apparent that Dandridge (or his NIL “agent”) is floating around rumors to try to get the schools interested in him to bid up his NIL money.  Let’s make our best offer and tell him to take what’s on the table or we move on.

Their coach for next year managed to keep most of the important players who were rumored to be leaving when he stepped down to stay.  apparently the kids love this guy. 

4 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I thought Ford said we want kids who want to be here and not for the NIL money.

He did, and more than once. And this has been reinforced by his assistants.

Dandridge is a one-year plug. He's big, he's a solid defensive player, we'd get rebounding and a little scoring. More production overall than at Memphis, basically.

But he's also strung us along for like 7 weeks, he doesn't have a stellar reputation among Memphis fans, and we've seen questions about his locker room presence. For a local kid who's been playing for Penny since he was in HS, Penny sure doesn't seem eager to retain his services.

If I'm SLU, I've made my offer and we're at the "take it or leave it" stage. If WVU is going to outbid us, fine. If Memphis isn't going to give him a strong enough reason to stay and WVU isn't going to match or beat SLU, that's also fine.

I'd feel a lot better about letting him walk if I knew Ezewiro would be eligible, but I don't think we'll have a resolution soon enough.

I'm tired of waiting, though. I'm tired of having to give an update every week on the podcast. There's gotta be another veteran big out there who can give us a combination of production and leadership for the younger bigs.

40 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I'm tired of waiting, though. I'm tired of having to give an update every week on the podcast. There's gotta be another veteran big out there who can give us a combination of production and leadership for the younger bigs.

I agree with that, go to the next name on the list and move on from Dandridge

www.bustingbrackets.com

Have an article about 10 possible transfers for West Virgina , Dandridge is one mentioned

2 hours ago, wgstl said:

Their coach for next year managed to keep most of the important players who were rumored to be leaving when he stepped down to stay.  apparently the kids love this guy. 

Josh Eilert has been with WVU for 16 years.  By all that I know, a player's coach.

wgstl likes this

i am thinking that dandridge has reached his NiL peak and doesnt like it.   i agree with pistol, let's move on.   

12 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Wow.  Just did a search of best players available in the portal.  Check out number 4.  Doesn't make me excited about who is left out there.

https://www.on3.com/transfer-portal/top/basketball/2023/?status=best-available

well we dont know how much the rater is taking the mental abilities and tempermint go into the "rating".    gordon is a talent, but he's nuts with a short fuse. 

22 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

well we dont know how much the rater is taking the mental abilities and tempermint go into the "rating".    gordon is a talent, but he's nuts with a short fuse. 

& a soon to be felon for a gun charge last I tuned into his career

On 7/6/2023 at 11:32 AM, billiken_roy said:

i am thinking that dandridge has reached his NiL peak and doesnt like it.   i agree with pistol, let's move on.   

If that is the case Dandridge is in for a very tough ride and may well come out with a lower amount of money than the top offer he has received.

Another 20 win season in the bag!! Coach Ford assured of a ninth season at the helm!!

Note: The above sentences may contain sarcasm.

Dandridge is a starter level A10 big.  Nothing more nothing less.  Not sure on all the details surrounding his long period of time in the portal or why so many teams passed on him.

I hope we see more two big lineups and that at least one of the freshman bigs earns minutes.

I'm certainly not sold on Ezehiro, whether he can get eligible or if he can play.  Dandridge is not a difference maker and will be our worst starting center since Agbeko, he might not be as good as Reggie.

I hope we aren't wasting scholarships by not playing our freshman bigs in favor of a slightly better player where we can eke out 1 or 2 more wins this season.  If Zhang or Van Bussell are 85% the player Dandridge is as the season starts Dandridge shouldn't play.

11 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Dandridge is a starter level A10 big.  Nothing more nothing less.  Not sure on all the details surrounding his long period of time in the portal or why so many teams passed on him.

I hope we see more two big lineups and that at least one of the freshman bigs earns minutes.

I'm certainly not sold on Ezehiro, whether he can get eligible or if he can play.  Dandridge is not a difference maker and will be our worst starting center since Agbeko, he might not be as good as Reggie.

I hope we aren't wasting scholarships by not playing our freshman bigs in favor of a slightly better player where we can eke out 1 or 2 more wins this season.  If Zhang or Van Bussell are 85% the player Dandridge is as the season starts Dandridge shouldn't play.

The worst starting center since Agbeko had 8 points and 5 rebounds in 24 minutes vs. Gonzaga in the 2022 NCAA tournament. Gonzaga was #1 and the top tourney seed at the time.

SLU_Nick, stmdragons and SLU_Lax like this