Jordan Goodwin Is Now A Memphis Grizzly

thetorch

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to give a Jordan Goodwin update so that we can read/discuss something that we all can agree on, how proud we are of JG.  Here are notes about his stats with the Suns this season:

10th in minutes per game

10th in points per game (understandable)

2nd (tied) in games played (we knew that Jordan is reliable)

7th in assists per game

7th in rebounds per game

4th in offensive rebounds per game (despite being 10th in minutes per game - awesome)

3rd in assist/turnover ratio with 2.7 (that's fantastic)

Hey Coach Vogel, I think Jordan deserve some more minutes.  Maybe even a start.  Eleven different players have started for the Suns this season, while Jordan has zero starts.  Many of the guys who have started do not have the stats that Jordan has.  In fact, only one of the guys with a start this year has a better assist/turnover ratio than him.  He shows up every day (see the 2nd in games played stat) and plays hard for you.  Give the guy some love.

21 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Just wanted to give a Jordan Goodwin update so that we can read/discuss something that we all can agree on, how proud we are of JG.  Here are notes about his stats with the Suns this season:

10th in minutes per game

7th in assists per game

7th in rebounds per game

4th in offensive rebounds per game (despite being 10th in minutes per game - awesome)

Hey Coach Vogel, I think Jordan deserve some more minutes.  Maybe even a start.  Eleven different players have started for the Suns this season, while Jordan has zero starts.  Many of the guys who have started do not have the stats that Jordan has.  In fact, only one of the guys with a start this year has a better assist/turnover ratio than him.  He shows up every day (see the 2nd in games played stat) and plays hard for you.  Give the guy some love.

Just need an NBA team in STL.

Also bring Schulte to STL CITY

If Schrader can't make the NFL for whatever reason(i'm thinking he will surprise us) i will go nuts if he's on the Battlehawks.(also bring back football. F Stan Kroenke and the NFL)

Jordan is one of the best rebounders i've ever seen in a SLU uniform. He went out, developed a shot, and MADE himself an NBA player. He's gone the full route of development and is a solid roster guy now. Just impressive.

I thought he would just be a garbage minute guy. BOY WAS I WRONG!

On 11/1/2023 at 12:01 PM, JMM28 said:

Ehh. He won the mickey mouse championship - doesn't count. He has historically underperformed with top talent. Not a great hill to die on here.

On 11/1/2023 at 2:40 PM, HoosierPal said:

Sometimes you are funny.  Coach Vogel has won over 400 NBA games.  How many have you won?  Hmmm. So we should all take your opinion as fact?

You need to inform the NBA that the Laker's championship 2020 doesn't count. They don't know that.  I'm sure they will take your word and remove the Lakers from their Championship History.  Funny. 

Do you even take yourself seriously?

On 11/1/2023 at 9:33 AM, HoosierPal said:

Vogel has won one more NBA Championship than you have.  He has won over 400 NBA games.  I think he knows what he is doing.

The Suns currently sit a game above .500 Underperforming with top talent is the headline on Frank Vogel's resume. 

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

10th in minutes per game

7th in assists per game

7th in rebounds per game

Thanks for the update.  JG is doing very well.

As a Hall of Fame basketball coach used to say though, “Starting is for high school”.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

Not thrilled he has t

o go to Brooklyn tho 

Phoenix under Vogel is one of the hottest teams in the NBA, going 13-6 basically since Beal came back. Beal took away minutes from Goodwin.  Their problem, which they trying to are addressing, is that they had a weak bench.  You have to go 8 deep for the playoffs.

Brooklyn is trying to make the playoffs; a game and a half out of the last play-in spot.  Their arrow is going the wrong way at 6-13 in 2024. They did some major shuffling today making two trades.  Only Goodwin and Diop-Bates from the Suns are heading to the Nets.  The other two went to Memphis.  Schroder or Simmons (when he is healthy) will be the top PG for the Nets.  Coach Vaughn's record in the NBA is 128 - 223.  So there you go.

Yossi Gozlan: The Brooklyn Nets will save around $5 million through their two trades. They can structure the moves to have these trade exceptions left: $20.4 million (Dinwiddie) $19.9 million (Harris) $6.8 million (Mills) $5.7 million (Durant, expires tomorrow) $1.5 million (O’Neale)

• thetorch changed the title to Jordan Goodwin Is Now A Free Agent
3 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Somebody, please call Popovich and tell him there is a better FA PG than his starter. That the player can average 10 RPG to help his team. 

I really hope someone picks him up. He's more than proven he can be an asset to an NBA team.

I've tried to watch the NBA - I just cant.  Does anyone have a good analysis of how he has done this year?   I would think an unselfish, physical, rebounding guard who is an excellent defender would be a good role player to have in a rotation.  But maybe not.    

1 hour ago, OkieBilliken said:

I've tried to watch the NBA - I just cant.  Does anyone have a good analysis of how he has done this year?   I would think an unselfish, physical, rebounding guard who is an excellent defender would be a good role player to have in a rotation.  But maybe not.    

I used to be in the same boat, but I have recently changed my attitude about the NBA.

I still prefer the college atmosphere (whether in person or via TV), but the skill level in the NBA is amazing and they actually move the ball much better than the men's college game.  The pro's almost always make the extra pass for a better shot. 

The Suns have elite skill on their team.  It is not an indictment on JG that his playing time is diminished.  His playing style was much appreciated by the Suns fans (at least what I observed on social media)

David King likes this

37 minutes ago, Dr Bird said:

The Suns have elite skill on their team.  It is not an indictment on JG that his playing time is diminished.  His playing style was much appreciated by the Suns fans (at least what I observed on social media)

I'm just glad my Wizards jersey has aged decently well.

5 hours ago, OkieBilliken said:

He filled in admirably while they faced injuries early on.  Their offense revolves around their Big 3 creating offense in isolation.  Otherwise they run it through Nurkic.  Beal,  KD,  Booker,  Gordon,  Allen can all bring the ball up and initiate offense.  So when you're one of the "others" you have to be able to knock down shots when one of the stars kick it to you.  In my opinion if Good could have knocked down some shots to go along with his other attributes he might have stuck with the team.  He has what it takes but to secure a pg spot in the NBA is very hard.  They either go with experience or a young draft pick.

OkieBilliken likes this