Yuri

Schasz

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, BJK said:

You bought clothes from a store. Did that store steal your money? No. If you bought it because you liked it then it’s all good and you have a great new outfit to wear to the park. If you bought it as a way to bribe a guy to keep playing for your team but it didn’t work….then I guess that’s on you. It’s all a game now and players are gunna maximize their earning potential any way possible. 

But you can return a shirt to the store, right?

2 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

I’ll still go to games and support the guys who actually want to be Billikens, but I’ll definitely be taking a step back overall.  Not worth being a die hard fan in a game where loyalty no longer exists.  

^^^ no more jordair jetts, Dwayne Evans.

First time in a long time I've felt this way about slu basketball. I see no light at the end of the tunnel. No path to success.

Just now, Bonner89 said:

Program's 108 years old. Players have come and gone but it remains in place. Root for laundry !

I will be rooting for them this year like every other year but this feels different.

Anytime a player makes an amazing play I will be thinking "That play sure will look good on his transfer mix tape."

10 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Yes but it’s hard to argue it’s not in the best interest of the student-athletes 

When you look at the big picture, using the mid-majors as a farm system absolutely improves the economic situation of select players.  It's horrible for fans outside of the P5.  Our favorite program has been demoted to a farm team without our consent.

3 minutes ago, JettFlight5 said:

At this point, I think maybe we should have had the UNLV network going...

Just kidding, but I feel probably the way most SLU fans on here feel. 

Spoonhour left us for UNLV, probably for a reason. We are now entering a new era for the term “Win at All Costs.” The gap between the haves and the have-nots is expanding rapidly. 

May has to understand that Yuri’s transfer is a direct shot across the bow at the way this University conducts itself and handles the present and future success of its athletes. It is a referendum on Ford’s tenure here, too. 

15 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Everyone should be mentally prepared for TJ to announce his transfer. Him and Yuri looked like good friends, so, it is what it is.

I may be wrong, but wasn't Yuri roommates with Jimerson? That scares the hell out of me. 

28 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Good luck and blah blah blah blah. You were loved and supported here for 3 years. Yes, you thrilled us, but left us high and dry in a year where there was so much potential to do great things. 

4 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

When you look at the big picture, using the mid-majors as a farm system absolutely improves the economic situation of select players.  It's horrible for the fans outside of the P5.  Our favorite program has been demoted to a farm team without our consent.

Haven't you changed your tune? Didn't you use to say that say that the power 5 bench players would transfer down. 

2010andBeyond likes this

3 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

When you look at the big picture, using the mid-majors as a farm system absolutely improves the economic situation of select players.  It's horrible for fans outside of the P5.  Our favorite program has been demoted to a farm team without our consent.

How will this change the way coaches view prospective mid-major job openings? Does this make the perennial middle-of-the-pack and bottom feeding P5 schools more attractive than a SLU-type program? It would seem these types of P5 schools have potentially become more attractive, no?

3star_recruit likes this

7 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

The portal is sucking us dry. 

8 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Amen

3 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

How will this change the way coaches view prospective mid-major job openings? Does this make the perennial middle-of-the-pack and bottom feeding P5 schools more attractive than a SLU-type program? It would seem these types of P5 schools have potentially become more attractive, no?

In one sense, what MM program would fire their coach? It would be a bit harder to upgrade. 

A10Ref likes this

11 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

^^^ no more jordair jetts, Dwayne Evans.

First time in a long time I've felt this way about slu basketball. I see no light at the end of the tunnel. No path to success.

What? Get ahold of yourself. When we get a PG to transfer in, it will all be fine. Yuri is amazing. Like super amazing, but he isn’t perfect. He only thrives in a loose system, and he makes a lot of turnovers. The problem is that system leads to more turnovers across the board. Everything will probably be fine. Just different.

13 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Collins roomed with Jimerson. 

Right, but Jimerson is a rising star, Hargrove saw his minutes reduced. Also, Hargrove and Yuri seemed against Nesbitt. It is small and highly skeptical on my part, but I see that as part of the problem wit the team this year. Jimerson did not seem like he was a part of that drama, and is just here to be a star.

27 minutes ago, laker119 said:

Hell if he didn’t.  You think he dropped it a day before he left for just a happy coincidence?  It was a last gasp money grab from SLU fans.

No, it was probably just a front for a wealthy Tennessee booster to give him money.  This is how it's going to work for a little bit before they finally just pay players directly.

ARon and 3star_recruit like this

2 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

What? Get ahold of yourself. When we get a PG to transfer in, it will all be fine. Yuri is amazing. Like super amazing, but he isn’t perfect. He only thrives in a loose system, and he makes a lot of turnovers. The problem is that system leads to more turnovers across the board. Everything will probably be fine. Just different.

when the best player on your team leaves, I don’t particularly think everything will be fine

2 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Right, but Jimerson is a rising star, Hargrove saw his minutes reduced. Also, Hargrove and Yuri seemed against Nesbitt. It is small and highly skeptical on my part, but I see that as part of the problem wit the team this year. Jimerson did not seem like he was a part of that drama, and is just here to be a star.

Was Yuri Collins not a rising star?  

This one truly makes me sad.  I don't blame Yuri at all for this.  Many of us would do the same if we were in his shoes.  I just feel like this is sort of the beginning of the end.  College sports is already the ultimate laundry sport (cheer for the jerseys), but in most cases you kind of knew what to expect even if they were only here for a year or two.  Now we have no idea when or if a player will leave and every year we'll just become more jaded/pessimistic with each surprise departure.   

My guess is that Ford will get a better than adequate replacement at PG.  Hell, he may even get two of them now that he has minutes to offer.  But getting a one- or two-year replacement player doesn't compare to watching players like Jett, Evans, Mitchell, etc. for 4 years.  I'm not sure what the NCAA can do at this point, but the future of college sports for anyone that is not a fan of a Duke or an Alabama looks pretty f'ing bleak.