Transfer Watch - 2022

ACE

15 minutes ago, A10Ref said:

All I know is whatever transfers we get, they better be more impactful than a mckissic type player. He was the love child of this board last year and was the definition of mediocre at Florida. 

That's why he shouldn't have gone there.  From the Summit to a solid SEC program is a bridge too far.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go to the Verbal Commits page on Memphis and look at their senior-to-freshman roster, 20 players are listed as transfers, two went pro, and Jalen Duren remains on the team as active.  It would appear Penny's program is a joke when it comes to fielding a team.  I used to think Kentucky led the nation in turnover.  Can anyone beat Memphis in this regard?

As for Bates, I'd pass and let him go G League.  He seems another entitled basketball player who plays by his own rules and can't be saddled with the burdens of team play and team chemistry.  Some of these "studs" just don't seem worth the trouble.

4 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

If you go to the Verbal Commits page on Memphis and look at their senior-to-freshman roster, 20 players are listed as transfers, two went pro, and Jalen Duren remains on the team as active.  It would appear Penny's program is a joke when it comes to fielding a team.  I used to think Kentucky led the nation in turnover.  Can anyone beat Memphis in this regard?

As for Bates, I'd pass and let him go G League.  He seems another entitled basketball player who plays by his own rules and can't be saddled with the burdens of team play and team chemistry.  Some of these "studs" just don't seem worth the trouble.

I would much prefer we get a player like Linssen than a 5 star prima Donna. The latter types seem to disrupt team chemistry. We had enough of that with Gordon. 

billiken_roy likes this

I always liked Gordon. One of the issues he had while he was at SLU was the fact that his best friend was murdered that year. It must be understood that such an event will throw off just about anyone out of whack. Gordon became aggressive and lost control easily. Events like this loss are great misfortunes that affect people differently. In his case I am pretty certain this was one of the factors that threw him out of control. I am sorry to see someone with his talent being dealt such a blow and not being able to control himself afterwards.

gabriel likes this

On 4/13/2022 at 11:04 AM, Pistol said:

-Zach Wrightsil (Loyola-New Orleans) - Visiting Marquette tomorrow.
-Norchad Omier (Arkansas State) - Visiting West Virginia. Miami (visited), Memphis, and Florida also in the mix.

Wrightsil committed to Marquette.

Omier named his top 4: Georgetown, Florida State, Miami, and Texas Tech.

New name SLU is following: Mo Njie, Eastern Michigan. 6-10, 245 lbs. Just finished his freshman year at EMU, averaging 6.6 PPG and 5.3 RPG. Named to the MAC all-freshman team.

Jimmy Bell going to WVA.

https://wvsportsnow.com/newly-committed-jimmy-bell-jr-brings-size-and-toughness-to-west-virginia/

Bell is rated 10th best JUCO by Juco Recruiting.com this season, two slots behind SLU's Sincere Parker.

https://www.jucorecruiting.com/junior-college-basketball-player-rankings-top-100

TheChosenOne likes this

Reynolds went to Pacific and then Oklahoma.  Johnson went to Louisiana then Mississippit State.  Bell went to Moberly then West Virginia.  In my book, nobody went UP.  Has Huggy changed hsi style?  The Locomotive at West Virginia seems quite the odd fit.

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

Reynolds went to Pacific and then Oklahoma.  Johnson went to Louisiana then Mississippit State.  Bell went to Moberly then West Virginia.  In my book, nobody went UP.  Has Huggy changed hsi style?  The Locomotive at West Virginia seems quite the odd fit.

And Marcus relaphorde 

Compton likes this

2 hours ago, Littlebill said:

Some psycho talked sh** under the post like “he was a practice player at SLU anyway”

even if you think that, don’t be that guy. Never be that guy. Especially if they were good representatives of the program like Jimmy

Don’t be dissin’ The Locomotive. 

dennis_w likes this