2021-2022 Season

Aquinas

10 hours ago, billikenblue said:

I was at the dome when Trent Green went down and the groan from the crowd was obvious thinking the season was over..then came Kurt Warner. Hang in there Billiken fans …there is a long season ahead and who knows what can happen. 

I was there too. I remember leaving and talking about how the backup went like 11/11.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

I was there too. I remember leaving and talking about how the backup went like 11/11.

Jordan Nesbitt will be Kurt Warner with the Billiken’s with some help with Hargrove, Jimerson, Thatch, Williams, and Strickland with some good defense.

Warner had some newcomers like Hakim, Fletcher, Horn and his great kickoff returns, Faulk, and Holt etc…

I am still excited and cannot wait for the games to count.

JP will be like Trent Green and cheer our team to an A10 championship.

billiken_roy likes this

8 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Jordan Nesbitt will be Kurt Warner with the Billiken’s with some help with Hargrove, Jimerson, Thatch, Williams, and Strickland with some good defense.

Warner had some newcomers like Hakim, Fletcher, Horn and his great kickoff returns, Faulk, and Holt etc…

I am still excited and cannot wait for the games to count.

JP will be like Trent Green and cheer our team to an A10 championship.

Future NBA color commentator?

For those that think that Coach Ford and the staff can only recruit, and cannot coach, I throw the gauntlet down.  This team has now lost its top 3 players from last season.  Let's break that down.   We lost our top 3 rebounders (Perkins was 3rd).  We lost our top two shot blockers (Perkins was tied for 2nd).  We lost our top three minutes guys.  We lost our top 3 point shooter (Perkins with 38 made).  Goodwin, French, and Perkins scored 838 of our 1507 points last season (56%).

If Ford gets this team to 20 wins, no one should ever complain about his coaching again.  I don't care how much hope we have and potential the players have, the above numbers don't lie.  Go prove the naysayers wrong, Coach Ford.

A core group that got major minutes last year: Yurimania, Linssen, TJ, Fred, Jimerson. Plus two starters from D1 programs who both averaged double figures and a 4 star big from a P5 top program. And a top 50 FR. I’d say there’s enough material to put together a solid season. Not going to discount the loss of Perk, it’s gonna hurt, but as the season progresses my guess is this group will excel. 

Adman likes this

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

For those that think that Coach Ford and the staff can only recruit, and cannot coach, I throw the gauntlet down.  This team has now lost its top 3 players from last season.  Let's break that down.   We lost our top 3 rebounders (Perkins was 3rd).  We lost our top two shot blockers (Perkins was tied for 2nd).  We lost our top three minutes guys.  We lost our top 3 point shooter (Perkins with 38 made).  Goodwin, French, and Perkins scored 838 of our 1507 points last season (56%).

If Ford gets this team to 20 wins, no one should ever complain about his coaching again.  I don't care how much hope we have and potential the players have, the above numbers don't lie.  Go prove the naysayers wrong, Coach Ford.

:ChaifetzCutThroat:

majerus mojo and Littlebill like this

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

almost every team loses their 2 or 3 best players every year.   those that have a good recruiter just reload, those that dont have to rebuild and coach up what they got.   i dont think your above proves anything about the current state of the billikens other than their best players were seniors.   

This could be considered OT, but it related to the Billikens 2021-22 season and I didn't want to start a separate topic.

Great article in The Athletic on the Bonnies and their Coach, team, fans and home court.  Tons of comments and they do love their Coach.

Good to see an A-10 team getting some pub.  I really thought we had a shot at beating them for the A 10 title this year but now see it as a big time long shot without our best player.

Perkins going down hurts I feel terrible for him and his teammates.

That said I think it helps that this happened now as opposed to game 10. 
It gives them more practice time without their all conference stud. 
A loss of Perkins caliber in the middle of the season can completely derail a team. Happening in preseason game 1 gives them plenty of time to regroup and have a NCAA tourney season.

2 minutes ago, brownindians said:

Good luck this season. Hope all you Billiken fans stay healthy. And if you can please make the road trip to Olean this year. It really is a GREAT little community. They even built a new Hotel here this year! 

Should we fly to Buffalo and take the bus from there? We’re a little leery of your bus drivers. 

I was thinking of something like "Mutilate the Mufasas"  and pointing out that Lindenwood started out as the "Lindenwood School for Girls" but honestly what's the point of putting tendons and ligaments and bones at risk for a game day thread with no audio or video and relying on posts just from those there at the game.  Discretion being the better part of valor I decided against it......

5 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

I was thinking of something like "Mutilate the Mufasas"  and pointing out that Lindenwood started out as the "Lindenwood School for Girls" but honestly what's the point of putting tendons and ligaments and bones at risk for a game day thread with no audio or video and relying on posts just from those there at the game.  Discretion being the better part of valor I decided against it......

How about GDT 2nd exhibition game let’s not have another season ending injury

Bills By 40 likes this

What's the general consensus on Yuri's ceiling this season?

Maybe I'm drinking the kool aid but I'll be damned if there isn't an argument that YC is a top 10 point guard in the country. After what I saw from him offensively yesterday I'm all-in on the hot take. 

7 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

What's the general consensus on Yuri's ceiling this season?

Maybe I'm drinking the kool aid but I'll be damned if there isn't an argument that YC is a top 10 point guard in the country. After what I saw from him offensively yesterday I'm all-in on the hot take. 

Are you related to SLU72 ?