2021-2022 Season

Aquinas

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Littlebill said:

I think Traore may play, not because he's the 9th best, but I think Franco and Linssen will run into foul problems often.

Jones is our next best option at PG

Then Strickland's athleticism/D vs Lorentsson's shooting will be matchup-based for sure

Pretty much agree with Jones likely in the +2.  With Coach saying he plans on playing Linssen and Okoro at times together, Traore better get ready for some minutes due to foul trouble.  

24 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Pretty much agree with Jones likely in the +2.  With Coach saying he plans on playing Linssen and Okoro at times together, Traore better get ready for some minutes due to foul trouble.  

I'd like to think playing these two together is because he's seen enough out of Traore to trust him to perform in those inevitable minutes. Wishful thinking maybe but logically it checks out. 

8 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

I'd like to think playing these two together is because he's seen enough out of Traore to trust him to perform in those inevitable minutes. Wishful thinking maybe but logically it checks out. 

I too had this thought 

Playing Linssen and Okoro together will almost certainly be better for our defense and rebounding. It will also almost certainly be worse for our offense. I was firmly against it when we had Perkins but am more open to coach experimenting with different lineups now.

As others have pointed out, they both foul so much that this will likely be a moot point.

6 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

Coach Ford has no choice.  We can't afford to play our smalls 40 minutes at the 4.  They don't provide enough offense to offset what they would give up on defense.

12 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Coach Ford has no choice.  We can't afford to play our smalls 40 minutes at the 4.  They don't provide enough offense to offset what they would give up on defense.

Until this backfires and due to foul trouble we have to play smalls 1-4 with Traore at the 5 or 1-5 even. 

i am wondering if the two bigs together is the plan when yuri is out so nesbitt is expendable from crashing the boards as he mans the point?   otherwise i dont care how thin we have become with the inside, i aint playing them together.   they both appear to be foul machines.   now if we had a credible 3rd big......

This reminds me of last year in conference play. Maybe Ford just always reverts to bully ball when facing adversity. There is no question that Linssen and FranckO will basically be rough on O, but strong on D. If they played all game, our average pts per game ceiling would probably be 65 (well, with Collins, who knows). That said, maybe we could hold teams to 60. Just sounds like a weird fit.

36 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

This reminds me of last year in conference play. Maybe Ford just always reverts to bully ball when facing adversity. There is no question that Linssen and FranckO will basically be rough on O, but strong on D. If they played all game, our average pts per game ceiling would probably be 65 (well, with Collins, who knows). That said, maybe we could hold teams to 60. Just sounds like a weird fit.

Not sure where you're getting this from.  Linssen averaged 18.6 ppg per 40 min last year, higher than anybody not named Javonte Perkins.  I understand the concern about probable foul trouble, but not this one.

2 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Not sure where you're getting this from.  Linssen averaged 18.6 ppg per 40 min last year, higher than anybody not named Javonte Perkins.  I understand the concern about probable foul trouble, but not this one.

I am fine with this analysis. Linssen was actually a great offensive producer per minute. Who knows, maybe it will be good for the offense. Sure. Just acknowledge that Linssen played 12 minutes last year, and there is a gap between 12 and 40.

On 10/25/2021 at 11:44 AM, A10Ref said:

Points for - 89.5 (U)

Points against - 64.5 (U)

Players used - 10.5 (O)

Players receiving >28 minutes - 2.5 (U) 

Yuri assists - 9.5 (U)

Nesbitt points - 10.5 (O)

Perkins points - 14.5 (U)

Players w/ >9.5 rebounds - 0.5 (U)

Team FT% - 78.5% (U) 

Team 3FG% - 34.5% (U) 

Total Points - 135

@A10Ref You won the decal with 9/10 correct. Next closest was a two or three way tie at 7. 

Will you be at the game tonight? I'll bring it with me if so. 

2 minutes ago, Bills By 40 said:

@A10Ref You won the decal with 9/10 correct. Next closest was a two or three way tie at 7. 

Will you be at the game tonight? I'll bring it with me if so. 

Unfortunately don't live in the area anymore - feel free to share with whoever is the next closest and can make a game this season. I appreciated you putting it together though!!

8 hours ago, A10Ref said:

Unfortunately don't live in the area anymore - feel free to share with whoever is the next closest and can make a game this season. I appreciated you putting it together though!!

I will mail it to you. Send me a DM. 

Didnt want to start a new thread for this.  

"The first steal registered Wednesday before the SLU Billikens' game against Harris-Stowe was not on the court, but on the Chaifetz Arena parking lot.

And the vehicle picked off just so happened to belong to KSDK's (Channel 5) sporting stalwart Frank Cusumano.

According to a St. Louis police report, the veteran sports anchor/reporter said that about 2 p.m. Wednesday, he parked in the Chaifetz lot at 1 South Compton Avenue."

SLU_Lax likes this

24 minutes ago, wgstl said:

"The first steal registered Wednesday before the SLU Billikens' game against Harris-Stowe was not on the court, but on the Chaifetz Arena parking lot.

And the vehicle picked off just so happened to belong to KSDK's (Channel 5) sporting stalwart Frank Cusumano.

According to a St. Louis police report, the veteran sports anchor/reporter said that about 2 p.m. Wednesday, he parked in the Chaifetz lot at 1 South Compton Avenue."

Thank goodness I park on the street.

BilliesBy40 likes this

27 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Whoops...I just posted this in the GDT thread.  Sorry WGSTL as you beat me to it.