Jump to content

The Bills over Tulane by 5


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, bills10 said:

If anyone is in Dayton for a game or whatever, hit me up. It’s a good place to be and id be happy to show you around, recommend restaurants or bars or anything else you are interested in. 
and @billikenroy, my wife and in-laws both are civil servants. Echoing the sentiment of previous posters, they work super hard and get paid half of what they would in the public sector. My wife is in charge of a program to help females in the Air Force actually be able to function in their roles. Did you know that in 2019, while more women are enlisted, they wear the same body armor in combat as their male counterparts? A 110 lb women swimming in an armored vest designed for a 250+ lb man? This is one of the myriad of issues that she is trying to resolve for these airmen. Btw she has a SLU science degree and an MBA, and is doing her best to perform her civic duty.  I thank her for this, and you should as well. 
I know it is the talking point of the day to bring these people down in order to accomplish a wider political agenda. Please use your SLU education that taught us to be critical of dangerous views that damage other people in order to gain a personal advantage. And please leave these insults of my family off the Billikens board. 

Just stop, Roy didn’t insult your family, he pointed out that there are abuses with some of our government employees, which is 100% accurate. Government waste and mismanagement is universally recognized. I’m sure most government employees are hard working and people of integrity, but not all. It’s sad that some of our so called “esteemed” posters find it necessary to PERSONALLY disparage a long standing Billiken supporter, because he had a different view than theirs.

That said, let’s leave the political commentary off this board....

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Just stop, Roy didn’t insult your family, he pointed out that there are abuses with some of our government employees, which is 100% accurate. Government waste and mismanagement is universally recognized. I’m sure most government employees are hard working and people of integrity, but not all. It’s sad that some of our so called “esteemed” posters find it necessary to PERSONALLY disparage a long standing Billiken supporter, because he had a different view than theirs.

That said, let’s leave the political commentary off this board....

remember bbf this is about things billiken, best not to even respond to this political stuff. plenty of forums to debate such things. this is not one

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone going to the game?  I live in Tempe so I'll be there.  Daughter is an alum & we're excited to be able to see the team.  Even when she was at SLU, we never got to a basketball game.  She played softball, and their home season never seemed to overlap with the basketball schedule.  Go Bills!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ucan2 said:

Is anyone going to the game?  I live in Tempe so I'll be there.  Daughter is an alum & we're excited to be able to see the team.  Even when she was at SLU, we never got to a basketball game.  She played softball, so the seasons didn't overlap.  Go Bills!

You may be only visual witness on here. Please report in to GDT.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Teamrankings just published the Vegas inspired scores for tomorrow's game, as follows: SLU 69.2, Tulane 64.2. SLU is favored to win by 5. They give a confidence level for SLU's predicted win of 2 stars which is not high, meaning that Tulane does have a chance of winning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Teamrankings just published the Vegas inspired scores for tomorrow's game, as follows: SLU 69.2, Tulane 64.2. SLU is favored to win by 5. They give a confidence level for SLU's predicted win of 2 stars which is not high, meaning that Tulane does have a chance of winning.

Here's hoping Tulane goes on to win the AAC tourney and a bid in the NCAA. Here's also hoping the Billikens kick their arse tomorrow. With KSU and Auburn lurking now is not the time to have a swoon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Certain MBM's need to deal with this.....preferably in silence.

The whole point of the message board is to discuss the Billikens.  I don’t get telling posters to stay silent on an obvious discussion topic about the team.  It’s okay to disagree with the coach.  I love Ford, but still can question things he does.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

So Fred has some mystery illness, but what’s the story on Hankton’s injury?

Interesting that Thatch's problem relates to chronic cramps, I recall he sat out much of Billiken madness supposedly due to cramps. Hankton is also a mystery, wonder if it's whatever he had last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, almaman said:

You may be only visual witness on here. Please report in to GDT.

I will, but after the game.  An alum in Scottsdale held a reception at their home tonight - Chris May was the featured guest (we were unable to attend).  So there should be a few more SLU fans at the game.  Glad to see it will be streamed.  Look for our little cheering section! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

Interesting that Thatch's problem relates to chronic cramps, I recall he sat out much of Billiken madness supposedly due to cramps. Hankton is also a mystery, wonder if it's whatever he had last year.

Hankton was practicing yesterday so hopefully he’s not far away from playing. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2019 at 2:21 PM, HoosierPal said:

Hopeful to get this thread back on track.......

If Fred has been out this long with an "illness," I'm wondering if he has mono. The chance of rupturing your spleen is pretty high after contracting mononucleosis, so he'd have to be out for 4-6 weeks if that's the case. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spoon-Balls said:

If Fred has been out this long with an "illness," I'm wondering if he has mono. The chance of rupturing your spleen is pretty high after contracting mononucleosis, so he'd have to be out for 4-6 weeks if that's the case. 

Chronic cramping (electrolyte imbalance) doesn't appear to be one of the symptoms of mono, so it's more likely some other ailment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...