GDT: Don't Baste the Lions, Maul Them

juniorbill76

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, 2010andBeyond said:

Not too many good teams have 9+ man rotations. TFord has said that he prefers around 8. Depth not a problem here, lack of chemistry and offensive flow are. 

This looks exactly like the team last year at the beginning of the season (minus the VT fluke). 

What I'm saying is that, though there may be an 8-man rotation, there should still be a few minutes for some of those outside of the rotation.

We saw the same problem with the 2013-14 squad (yeah, I know that that was Crews), and it was a factor that limited that team's post-season.

Just now, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Everyone plays down to their opponents. I can not believe the doubt and negativity in this thread looking at how some other teams have started the year. They will be ready for a true test.

so you're saying we will hit FT's and wide-open 3's against better talent?  I sureeeeeeeee hope so

5 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Isabell doesn't seem to be fitting in quite yet but Goodwin seems sick/hurt/tired/I don't know what. Our backcourt is like an arranged marriage that isn't working out.

Goodwin was supposed to be Top Dog and now Isabell is trying to take over. I get it. I just didn't want it to be so. 

1 minute ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Everyone plays down to their opponents. I can not believe the doubt and negativity in this thread looking at how some other teams have started the year. They will be ready for a true test.

Yeah everyone chill the hell out. How many games did we get totally blown out it last year?  Not many at all. How many games did we blow out our opponents?  Not many. Ford’s teams play to their opposition. 

5 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

So you think the lack of execution and cohesiveness is just not being up for the opponent?  I hope you're right, because otherwise I see some humble pie coming the Bills' way Saturday.

7 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Yeah everyone chill the hell out. How many games did we get totally blown out it last year?  Not many at all. How many games did we blow out our opponents?  Not many. Ford’s teams play to their opposition. 

8 seems like a lot, but ford has really built up the program since last year. At least, we're not losing by now. Though Slu needs an (emotional) loss to evaluate their play in general. Some aspects are good, others are not. Then, a new "rejuvenated," Slu team can emerge. This is no small feat and requires time to achieve.

18 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Goodwin was supposed to be Top Dog and now Isabell is trying to take over. I get it. I just didn't want it to be so. 

You should recall that @Glorydays2013 stated that Ford Guaranteed, Promised Goodwin the starting PG if he attended SLU.  Assuming he made that promise, now Isabell is the starting PG.  I'd be pissed too, if in fact Ford made that promise (which he didn't) and then broke it.

This team is exhausting. Ford needs to put Goodwin and Isabell in a room together and aren’t allowed out until they can get the fuok along. It makes me nervous to see a guy who was given the keys last season and is our future sat on the bench for crunch time. I don’t want to see Goodwin become frustrated at SLU because a rent a player is playing over him. 

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

This team is exhausting. Ford needs to put Goodwin and Isabell in a room together and aren’t allowed out until they can get the fuok along. It makes me nervous to see a guy who was given the keys last season and is our future sat on the bench for crunch time. I don’t want to see Goodwin become frustrated at SLU because a rent a player is playing over him. 

If Goodwin can’t figure out that he isn’t playing well and that’s why his pt is down, then he isn’t the player I thought he was. Enough with this contrived controversy. 

SLU_Lax likes this

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

Cool then we can watch Isabell sulk in the corner. 

4 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Goodwin as the 1, TI as the 2

Honestly this might be the solution. Isabell has said that he’s adjusting to playing the point, while Goodwin clearly needs the ball in his hands more often. I feel like Travis has to realize that Isabell needs to focus on scoring, not running an offense. Let Goodwin handle that. 

5 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

It’s there, if you don’t want to see it that’s your problem. 

I think that’s part of it.

I don’t think it’s ego or not getting along just not understanding their roles together.

05 It seems you want to put all the blame on Isabell and that’s not the case.

There were at least 2 times tonight Isabell was wide open in the corner and Goodwin wouldn’t give him the ball. Both times Goodwin got pulled at the next stoppage and Ford pointed to the corner and told Goodwin “get him the ball.”

57 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

He looks absolutely lost. Good call.

He looks lost because he’s playing out of position and Isabell won’t pass him the ball. It amazes me that some don’t see this. Go rewatch the 5 minutes stretch beginning around the 10:00 mark of the second half where Goodwin ran the team with Isabell on the bench. Our offense looked much better. We actually moved the ball, and Goodwin was a factor.

Aside from Isabell dribbling the ball into the ground every possession, his body language is atrocious. This team will never be what it’s capable of if he’s running the point. I agree with others that Goodwin at the 1 and Isabell at the 2 is worth trying.

TheChosenOne and GoBills73 like this

47 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

I needed this post.  Hope you’re right