Gordon suspended after altercation.

TigerMatt

19 minutes ago, The Valley Sucks said:

I am hearing rumors from a former Ole Miss basketball player who seems to think he is in the know that Gordon’s girlfriend is no longer going to attend SLU and he is going to ask for his release. He also told me that he fought his own teammate over a warmup jersey and told his Webster coach he is quitting the team!!!

Should we know who this former Ole Miss basketball player is? The last part is consistent with what I have seen others connected to Webster say, so I assume that is close to the truth.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, The Valley Sucks said:

I am hearing rumors from a former Ole Miss basketball player who seems to think he is in the know that Gordon’s girlfriend is no longer going to attend SLU and he is going to ask for his release. He also told me that he fought his own teammate over a warmup jersey and told his Webster coach he is quitting the team!!!

Gordon will be awesome wherever he goes. At this point I just can't even really care. 

3 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

Should we know who this former Ole Miss basketball player is? The last part is consistent with what I have seen others connected to Webster say, so I assume that is close to the truth.

I bet it's Marshall Henderson. 

That guy was awesome. 

I've always had concerns about Gordon.  I know what happened at Vianney, and now we hear about more problems at Webster Groves.  Most people in the know consider this a pattern and not just isolated events.  Even if he comes here, I have little hope that his attitude will change.  There are many out there that are questioning, including myself, what would be best for SLU; losing him before he gets here, or having him actually show up and start his antics here.  I haven't decided. 

56 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I've always had concerns about Gordon.  I know what happened at Vianney, and now we hear about more problems at Webster Groves.  Most people in the know consider this a pattern and not just isolated events.  Even if he comes here, I have little hope that his attitude will change.  There are many out there that are questioning, including myself, what would be best for SLU; losing him before he gets here, or having him actually show up and start his antics here.  I haven't decided. 

Lets keep him and see if we can not make it work.  Think Dwayne Wade - that worked out for MU very well.

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

uhhh..... we'd be lucky to get my dog to walk into Chaifetz with a trail of treats leading him in.... Ill take my chances on Gordon if he wants to come.... jesus

4 hours ago, NextYearBill said:

uhhh..... we'd be lucky to get my dog to walk into Chaifetz with a trail of treats leading him in.... Ill take my chances on Gordon if he wants to come.... jesus

Verge can come with him too, good analogy next year of our current status

NextYearBill likes this

8 hours ago, MattyMo213 said:

I'd hang out with Pestello for a whole day if it meant we could get Verge

Great example of taking one for the team.

38 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Not that I follow the relationships of a high school kid closely but from seeing the tweets of Gordon with his girlfriend on signing day, it looks to be one of the girls that SLU announced for signing to a NLI yesterday?  Am I mistaken?  

No, you are not mistaken. That's her on the left, first one profiled in this article. She's been pictured with him at SLU basketball games.

If SLU could somehow convince her high school teammate, Gretchen Skoglund, to switch her commitment from Butler it would be a really nice get.  Using a basketball term, that girl can really fill it up.  She is only a junior, so they have sometime to work on her.

20 minutes ago, brianstl said:

If SLU could somehow convince her high school high school teammate, Gretchen Skoglund to switch her commitment from Butler it would be a really nice get.  Using a basketball term, that girl can really fill it up.  She is only a junior, so they have sometime to work on her.

SLU has a good pipeline to WGHS, so I wouldn't rule it out.