Gordon suspended after altercation.

TigerMatt

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Pelican said:

Gordon is a complete thug and is very show mentally.  He's got a better chance of being in jail than a productive college player before it's all said and done.  Break out the 'troll' flair all you want.  This kid is bad news.  Given the current climate at SLU, he's the last person who should be invited to campus.

Gordon ran onto the court because of a huge dunk AND THE TIME HAD EXPIRED.

He was only ejected because even tho the time had expired, a foul was called.  I stood next to the ref who called the foul.  I didnt even hear his whistle. I even ran onto the court...

Just now, brianstl said:

Someone on Twitter is saying Gordon pushed down McKinney, but in the first video Gordon is like 6 feet away from McKinney and standing behind a ref as McKinney is on the ground.

no, everyone assumed gordon did something physical to get ejected.  all he did was run onto the court because he thought it was halftime(clock was at 0) and didnt know a foul was called. 

4 minutes ago, wgstl said:

no, everyone assumed gordon did something physical to get ejected.  all he did was run onto the court because he thought it was halftime(clock was at 0) and didnt know a foul was called. 

That is what I thought from Kvidahl’s tweet.  Said the buzzer even sounded.  Seriously, Gordon should just shut it down for the year.  He has a target on him.

So Webster had 4 technicals total tonight?

To find that tweet, I made the mistake of searching Gordon's name on Twitter. It is pathetic how Mizzou fanboys tweet at him every day begging him to flip. I had no real qualms with Mizzou before coming here, as in Chicago they are pretty irrelevant. That has changed so much in the last 4 years. 

rgbilliken likes this

6 minutes ago, brianstl said:

That is what I thought from Kvidahl’s tweet.  Said the buzzer even sounded.  Seriously, Gordon should just shut it down for the year.  He has a target on him.

So Webster had 4 technicals total tonight?

Ramey Gordon and someone else. I think. Couldn't really hear PA announcer

22 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Gordon ran onto the court because of a huge dunk AND THE TIME HAD EXPIRED.

He was only ejected because even tho the time had expired, a foul was called.  I stood next to the ref who called the foul.  I didnt even hear his whistle. I even ran onto the court...

He did make contact with someone after coming onto the court, although it was unclear if the contact was intentional. He will be fine.

1 minute ago, Coach314 said:

You needed context for a kid coming off the bench during a game.  Gotcha.  I will be more detailed in my post for you next time.

He thought the half was over you jack a$$.  Buzzer sounded and the clock was at zero.

Dude, you are in your 50’s. Find a better hobby than riding a 17 year old kid.

12 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

You needed context for a kid coming off the bench during a game.  Gotcha.  I will be more detailed in my post for you next time.

Context means a lot. For instance, if I called you a pathetic POS, that might seem a bit harsh to many. However,  if I showed those people your last 10 posts on Billikens.com, it no longer seems excessive. Understand? Let me know if you would like another example. I'd be happy to provide one.

JohnnyJumpUp, TRN, wgstl and 1 other like this

12 minutes ago, brianstl said:

He thought the half was over you jack a$$.  Buzzer sounded and the clock was at zero.

First...I am not in my 50s.  Second,  you responded to my post which simply said he was ejected for running on the court.  People wanted to know what happened.  I passed no judgement on the act.  He made a mistake....it is OK.  Drink some warm milk with your cookies tonight....you will sleep better.

Billiken Rich, NH, TheOne and 1 other like this

9 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Context means a lot. For instance, if I called you a pathetic POS, that might seem a bit harsh to many. However,  if I showed those people your last 10 posts on Billikens.com, it no longer seems excessive. Understand? Let me know if you would like another example. I'd be happy to provide one.

No examples needed.  However,  can you give me a reason why I should care about your opinion. 😊

7 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

First...I am not in my 50s.  Second,  you responded to my post which simply said he was ejected for running on the court.  People wanted to know what happened.  I passed no judgement on the act.  He made a mistake....it is OK.  Drink some warm milk with your cookies tonight....you will sleep better.

Sorry you have a year or two to reach your 50’s.  Still still too old to be obsessing over a 17 year boy not playing for the basketball programs you wanted him to play for.

22 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I can confirm that “coach”314 is, and always has been, irrelevant in the local basketball scene. 

If pretending to be some sort of insider gives him some purpose of worth or relevance in life, we shouldn’t begrudge him that. 

2 hours ago, Coach314 said:

Yeah.  He came running in from off the bench.

47 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

22 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

You passed no judgement when making it look like he just went running onto the court at just some random moment in the game.  Context, or lack there of, frames how people who weren’t there view the event.

-Ramey made a great dunk just before time expired, it was a great dunk,  got fouled, horn blew to end the half, WG bench emptied, Gordon ran over a Vashon player, completely ran over the kid who was not McKinney, both teams were milling about, refs had a conference with both coaches, teams sent to locker rooms and foul shots were shot after halftime warm up (all on the same basket, Ramey with the and-1 and Vashon shot and made 4 technical foul shots), the pa announcer said two WG players that were not Gordon were given technicals AND that Gordon was ejected but only 4 fouls shot taken, Ramey was far and away the best player on the floor

-Gordon did not start the game, was this more discipline? in any case it sure appears that he has a lot of growing up to do in a short amount of time

-I did not see CFord but Coach Tate seemed to spend most of the game talking to Cuozno

10 minutes ago, TheOne said:

Fault him for the aggressiveness, sure, but I absolutely love the flare and energy in Gordon’s play and attitude.  He, Hasahn and Jordan are bringing swag back to Chaifetz at SLU. That’s the type of stuff that helps generates crowds.

Agreed! Now let’s just go find someone who can shoot a 3-pointer

drkelsey55 and BrockL like this

19 minutes ago, TheOne said:

Fault him for the aggressiveness, sure, but I absolutely love the flare and energy in Gordon’s play and attitude.  He, Hasahn and Jordan are bringing swag back to Chaifetz at SLU. That’s the type of stuff that helps generates crowds.

out of reactions. great post