Gordon suspended after altercation.

TigerMatt

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Courtney Ramey got another technical foul last night after getting one in the Vashon game.  Two techs for Webster total last night.  Six of them for Webster in the last three games.  I doubt we hear much about those issues.  If we do, it will be people trying to make it Gordon's fault.

MattyMo213 and RiseAndGrind like this

11 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

You can't honestly think he's handling this the right way?

When I read the article above I didn't find much if anything wrong with the he said.  And I sorta understand what he means/coming from.

Do I think what he said is blown way out of proportions on this board? yes. 

But Im talking about the comment of blossom coaching mediocre basketball for the last 25 years.

53 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Courtney Ramey got another technical foul last night after getting one in the Vashon game.  Two techs for Webster total last night.  Six of them for Webster in the last three games.  I doubt we hear much about those issues.  If we do, it will be people trying to make it Gordon's fault.

I think the point here is that Ramey & Gordon are going to get everyone's best effort, every night. Kids are going to talk so much Sh!t to them. They have a target on their back. Everybody wants a piece of the best. 

3 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I think the point here is that Ramey & Gordon are going to get everyone's best effort, every night. Kids are going to talk so much Sh!t to them. They have a target on their back. Everybody wants a piece of the best. 

I agree with this.  I just find it amazing that all the bad stuff gets tossed on Gordon.  There are other narratives you could create with Webster.  You could say that that Blossom can't control a team.  You could say Ramey doesn't know how to cope with adversity on the court.  None of those would be fair, but neither is the narrative that people are running with on Gordon.

That is why part of me really felt that Gordon should have just shut it down for the season.  

QUAILMAN and SLU_Lax like this

27 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

yessssss

On 2/21/2018 at 10:57 AM, brianstl said:

I agree with this.  I just find it amazing that all the bad stuff gets tossed on Gordon.  There are other narratives you could create with Webster.  You could say that that Blossom can't control a team.  You could say Ramey doesn't know how to cope with adversity on the court.  None of those would be fair, but neither is the narrative that people are running with on Gordon.

That is why part of me really felt that Gordon should have just shut it down for the season.  

I love Carteare and can’t wait to see him in a SLU Uniform. But it’s clear he has some growing up to do (which is ok) and we definitely shouldn’t just sweep the issues under the rug as false narrative. The narrative on Gordon is annoying since he’s a 17/18 year old kid but it definitely has basis. Multiple high schools, AAU teams, issues in the classroom. Technical fouls are pretty low on my list of concerns. 

That said, Travis and his staff (specifically Tate) are in frequent communication with Blossom. They know about these issues and will work to address them. I’m hopeful that SLU provides Carteare the stable school and team experience that he’s been missing thus far.

NextYearBill likes this

17 minutes ago, TheOne said:

For someone who has never been to a Webster Groves gave, is there anything to know when going for the first time? Assuming tickets at the door is a non issue?

It may be packed because it's wg v kw...

Typically no bc roberts gym is good size.  

Like i said, it's a rivalry. So go early

On 2/21/2018 at 8:50 AM, brianstl said:

Ramey actually had 2 (1 after the dunk heading into halftime and another for jawing in the 2nd half) in the Vashon game and should have been ejected.