Jump to content
Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
brianstl

Other games

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, willie said:

I had to turn it off. Scared me too much. 

Dude, same.  Felt like watching a boozed-up Ivan Drago storm into a daycare looking for blood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want Jamison Battle of GW to come to my birthday party, where I will exchange duffle bags full of cash for his verbal commitment to play for the Billies in the 2021-22 season.  Dude looks like the love child of Blake Griffin and the Billies' own Raw Blow.  Need him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BuiltFordBills said:

🤷🏻‍♂️

yawn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2020 at 9:58 AM, billikenbill said:

Sagarin was so unimpressed with our win over GW that even with Auburn and Seton Hall winning, we dropped from 88 to 90. 🙁

Sagarin was so impressed with our win over Richmond that we jumped from 90 to 75!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BuiltFordBills said:

🤷🏻‍♂️

I know most of us do not care but I do because both coaches recruit the same players.

Until yesterday’s blowout win over Florida the MU basketball program was a total dumpster fire.  McKinney’s suspension adds more fuel to the dumpster fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the loss to TN I am sure Martin gave them a real tongue lashing.  Now lets see if it is only a one game impact or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

After the loss to TN I am sure Martin gave them a real tongue lashing.  Now lets see if it is only a one game impact or not.

Well in preseason they were picked to finish 13th just above Vandy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CBFan said:

I know most of us do not care but I do because both coaches recruit the same players.

Until yesterday’s blowout win over Florida the MU basketball program was a total dumpster fire.  McKinney’s suspension adds more fuel to the dumpster fire.

U missed the Illinois game- blew them out & Illinois looked good right before that game & stomped FL last nite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Major Majerus said:

U missed the Illinois game- blew them out & Illinois looked good right before that game & stomped FL last nite

CBFan may have missed the Braggin' Rights game, but perhaps you missed some games Mizzou played between that one and their great game against Florida.  A significant number of Mizzou fans have been calling for Cuonzo Martin's head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Major Majerus said:

U missed the Illinois game- blew them out & Illinois looked good right before that game & stomped FL last nite

I didn’t miss the Illinois game and it was a quality victory for MU but if you are paying attention not much is going for that program other than the win last night.  Also look at what Illinois has done since the loss they are trending up while MU trends down.

I have read that MU fans no longer want coach Martin and they do not like his recruiting.  I do not think it is fair by the MU fans but that is the state of the program.  Have you noticed how many empty seats show up to watch MU basketball?  I remember a time that place was packed.  There are fans on their message board actually wish they could get the crowds SLU gets.  The McKinney suspension is another problem to fuel the dumpster fire.

I am okay with the state of MU basketball because I want SLU to win every recruiting battle with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

CBFan may have missed the Braggin' Rights game, but perhaps you missed some games Mizzou played between that one and their great game against Florida.  A significant number of Mizzou fans have been calling for Cuonzo Martin's head.

Yes they are I read it on their site.

Their fans are unrealistic though, recruits that coach Martin offered such as the 2 K-State recruits and Hargrove were not good enough for the fans.  Their fans seem to think they should get all 4 and 5 star recruits like Love, Liddell, and Fletcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And now Purdue blows out Izzo.  This season has  had the most parity, and top teams falling that I can ever remember.  Going to be a wild march..  We have to get there, as we will have a shot against almost anybody

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW, B-Cook wins its third straight MEAC game, 85-78 over Morgan State. Cletrell Pope leads the way with 29 and 18. B-Cook now 3-1 in the MEAC and 7-9 vs. D-1 teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, billikenbill said:

FWIW, B-Cook wins its third straight MEAC game, 85-78 over Morgan State. Cletrell Pope leads the way with 29 and 18. B-Cook now 3-1 in the MEAC and 7-9 vs. D-1 teams.

I think Pope wins my most despised opponent award this year. God, he was irritating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I think Pope wins my most despised opponent award this year. God, he was irritating. 

Definitely, he was acting like he was playing for the Globetrotters against the Washington Generals. Haven't seen a player grin on the court or talk junk to opponents like that since Meadowlark Lemon. Just looking up Lemon, I see that his real first name was Meadow. Not sure I ever knew that. Meadowlark Lemon was the perfect name for the player touted as the "Clown Prince" of basketball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, slu72 said:

I think Pope wins my most despised opponent award this year. God, he was irritating. 

yes i agree he was arrogant and antagonizing.   but he was a hell of a player.   i'd take him in billiken blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, willie said:

I kind off liked him. Thought he was having fun. 

Shades of Hargrove.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clemson beats Duke 79-72. Court storming. What a three days for Clemson basketball. Break the 0-59 streak in Chapel Hill and beat #3 Duke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Clemson beats Duke 79-72. Court storming. What a three days for Clemson basketball. Break the 0-59 streak in Chapel Hill and beat #3 Duke.

And the other event, play in a football NC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pitt absolutely screwed by the refs on the worst call in the history of basketball. Would love to have heard Rammer call that one. I think he'd of been tossed he'd of gone so ballistic. L'ville holds on to beat the Panthers 73-68.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...