8 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Sometimes I wonder if Old Guy is Putin. 

And what would Putin  be doing in the SLU board? He has much to do at a much higher level than I will ever reach.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

If you told me how mentally taxing this search was going to be, I would have assumed we were where Louisville was 24-48 hours ago. I am so effing exhausted. But I can't stop checking social media. 

Gotta disagree. Almost no actual searching once the ball got rolling.

Seems like we’ve had Schertz locked up along the Trilly timeline for over a week. There hasn’t really been any drama/we haven’t been linked to anyone else as someone noted. The Cusumano-Ahearn thing was more people piling on Frank vs. substance. Stu’s Twitter has been pathetic quote tweets/half-assed trolling that Schertz might stay at ISU or go elsewhere. No real reporting. Sad! Bills are back. 

On 3/18/2024 at 11:11 PM, majerus mojo said:

BUMP. March 17 is when the (ESPN, Trilly) rumors started and I started doing any Schertz homework. Was hard not to be a fan immediately, from a person standpoint at least. 

30 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Seems like we’ve had Schertz locked up along the Trilly timeline for over a week. There hasn’t really been any drama/we haven’t been linked to anyone else as someone noted. The Cusumano-Ahearn thing was more people piling on Frank vs. substance. Stu’s Twitter has been pathetic quote tweets/half-assed trolling that Schertz might stay at ISU or go elsewhere. No real reporting. Sad! Bills are back. 

I agree. Assuming this happens it has been very trauma free and May should get a lot of credit. 

At least, I keep you guys entertained trying to figure out that I am myself and no one else.

Now we know Utah will be playing against ISU. If they play like they did tonight Schertz's announcement will be coming  soon after that game. Utah ripped VCU to shreds.

8 hours ago, majerus mojo said:

Check my history man, I’ve said it was always Schertz from the beginning and I’ve stuck by that. It’s the external forces ie Louisville, ISU and any other schools that have popped up. I believe it’s been done for awhile and as of 5:43am I still think that’s the case. Doesn’t mean the rumors haven’t worn me down. 

majerus mojo likes this

On 3/18/2024 at 1:10 PM, cgeldmacher said:

Can players have multiyear deals?  If so, can they be enforced?  Now you've got me thinking.

Apparently 

cgeldmacher likes this

After watching ISU run its offense it would appear Gibby would be wise to stay. Under Ford, surprisingly, there seemed no sets to get him open for 3’s. To Gibby’s credit he got himself open for layups on the occasional cuts to the hoop. He’d get those in Schertz’s system plus many open looks for 3’s. We shall see soon what he decides as of today he’s listed as the 7th most desirable guy in the portal. 

4 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Check my history man, I’ve said it was always Schertz from the beginning and I’ve stuck by that. It’s the external forces ie Louisville, ISU and any other schools that have popped up. I believe it’s been done for awhile and as of 5:43am I still think that’s the case. Doesn’t mean the rumors haven’t worn me down. 

Haha. Next HC is kind of a big deal so I get it 🤝

3 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

oh, so still HALF A MILLION dollars less

Well I heard it's 2 mil from us. Sure our whales want to try to pay less than what they were paying Ford so that 500k can go to NIL funds. But I bet we would raise the price though if needed. Maybe.

Just saying all 260 people in Terre Haute are going to do everything they can to keep him. And their insiders seem to think the mou is a lie. I should probably stop reading that ish though and just log off for a few days. Haha

7 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Well I heard it's 2 mil from us. Sure our whales want to try to pay less than what they were paying Ford so that 500k can go to NIL funds. But I bet we would raise the price though if needed. Maybe.

Just saying all 260 people in Terre Haute are going to do everything they can to keep him. And their insiders seem to think the mou is a lie. I should probably stop reading that ish though and just log off for a few days. Haha

A lie from who though? 

why would the agent make up the MOU? SLU would profit?
why would Schertz make up the MOU? SLU would profit?

Would SLU bluff an MOU? 

4 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

A lie from who though? 

why would the agent make up the MOU? SLU would profit?
why would Schertz make up the MOU? SLU would profit?

Would SLU bluff an MOU? 

They saying their people close to Schertz are telling them he has made no indication he's signed anything or agreed to anything. 

I'm just being a dirty MBM cause I care too much about this. 

3 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

I've seen 2.3 but regardless. So if that's all correct, Schertz gets a 6x raise and they'll still have 500k less (their number *increased* to $300k per Stu, but does FBJS's raise eat into that amount?) in NIL for these players than we do. At a minimum. I've seen us as low as $750k and as much as 1.1-1.2 as CurryHicksSage said on spaces last night. So JS gets a rise and the players get 10% as much as they should? Hmm

Its the same stuff that was happening when Yuri went to the portal. The personal stuff doesn't pay the bills. We had to come up with the money to compete and keep him. ISU has come up with some, but I can't imagine being the "highest paid coach in the valley" is on FBJS's list of goals. He's taken hem as high as they can go. I'll never give a sh-- about the NIT, but ISU does bc they've been to three tournaments in 45 years. 

Poverty program who fired the AD that found them an elite coach

10 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

They’re in denial over there. It’s entertaining, but you can’t take it seriously.  They’ve gone through every stage of grief except acceptance, and they keep regressing to denial. Their rationale is that Schertz won’t confirm signing anything… why the hell would he admit to signing a contract with us while they’re trying to win the NIT?  

Just now, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

They saying their people close to Schertz are telling them he has made no indication he's signed anything or agreed to anything. 

I'm just being a dirty MBM cause I care too much about this. 

I’m not shooting the messenger. Just pointing out the flaw in logic that the MOU would be a lie. SLU I guess could bluff an MOU, but idk. 

I think it's certainly possible he could decide to stay at ISU. But there's no doubt in my mind he has currently committed to SLU. If he hadn't, you'd hear a lot more connections to SLU and other candidates even if it's just backup plans. 

The money ISU can pay Schertz isn’t even the biggest reason Schertz wants out of ISU.  They aren’t going to be able to keep the team together to run it back again even if Schertz would stay.  Schertz knows that.  They don’t have the NIL money or the facilities needed for that.  That can’t all be fixed before the transfer window closes. That is the reason he has determined he is leaving.