Latest Ford Rumor

2 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

I do because he's able to afford a large house that is valued at a high amount. Coaches who have multimillion dollar contracts have money. They are not hurting. 

He is literally sitting on a second house right now.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Right and I'll be lucky to afford A house in the next few years.

I watched SOTU last night you're going to be just fine buddy.

QUAILMAN, The Don and David King like this

8 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I watched SOTU last night you're going to be just fine buddy.

I know what you're talking about lol, but I'm still not optimistic 😂 like I'm glad that's in the plan and support it, but home-buying is something I'm constantly anxious about.

9 hours ago, brianstl said:

I still think it is happening Saturday.  While in the hell would you fly Travis Ford with team Saturday night to New York to fire him the next day?

You know how many bodies are buried in up state NY!?!

9 hours ago, slufan13 said:

Honestly don't see the point in firing before Brooklyn so it doesn't make a ton of sense to me but it also seems like thats the trend this year at other schools 

If they fire him Sunday I want odds on SLU making an A-10 tourney run!!! The inspiration will be enough to rally around! Win it for Ford?

1 hour ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

I know what you're talking about lol, but I'm still not optimistic 😂 like I'm glad that's in the plan and support it, but home-buying is something I'm constantly anxious about.

My wife and I barely have associates degrees, 2 kids under 5, and we own 2 homes and are rehabbing a small property in the city to be an airbnb. The American dream is alive and well. Don't worry!!! You can do it.

29 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

If they fire him Sunday I want odds on SLU making an A-10 tourney run!!! The inspiration will be enough to rally around! Win it for Ford?

If you've watched this team all year you know a one game run is about all we can hope for.  This team can't defend or rebound.  You can't have a run if you can't do those two things.

34 minutes ago, thetorch said:

My wife and I barely have associates degrees, 2 kids under 5, and we own 2 homes and are rehabbing a small property in the city to be an airbnb. The American dream is alive and well. Don't worry!!! You can do it.

I think it's my risk-averse nature that's scaring me, lol. I think I'm actually doing pretty well and have an Edward Jones person with an IRA and a house savings account, but the back of my mind constantly screams at me that I can't do it 😂 I'm happy to hear it's attainable!

7 minutes ago, The Valley Sucks said:

I spoke with an older donor tonight that said the announcement will come Sunday that ford is done. Tate will lead the boys in Brooklyn. He said May has Holtman lined up and ready to take the job. He was drinking so take it for what it is. 

I've heard they're down to two finalists, but Holtman wasn't one of the two I heard. 🤷‍♂️

13 minutes ago, The Valley Sucks said:

I spoke with an older donor tonight that said the announcement will come Sunday that ford is done. Tate will lead the boys in Brooklyn. He said May has Holtman lined up and ready to take the job. He was drinking so take it for what it is. 

🤮

26 minutes ago, Lando Griffin said:

Where is Maria Reynolds when you need her!!! Someone set us straight.

😔

Writing checks and heading to the A10 tourney.  Or chilling with Aaron Burr and Hamilton.

8 hours ago, The Valley Sucks said:

Can we...not hire another person from the state of Kentucky? It hasn't worked out well for us.

Edit: If this is true, Chris May is an absolute idiot.

Edited by BrettJollyComedyHour

I honestly do not know much about Holtmann other than he got canned this year after starting 12-2 then losing 9 of 11.  My 1st pick was Chris Mack and I still would take him but I'm all aboard the Schertz train now.  But after hearing Holtmann's name, he has a weirdly similar resume as Mack.  Not sure if that is good or bad for Holtmann or Mack.  The main similarity is the Blue Bloods do not put up with losing.  Go Bills.

slufan13 likes this

10 hours ago, The Valley Sucks said:

The part about Holtman assumes that Chris May is being allowed to make decisions in this process. I’m not entirely sure that that is accurate.

7 hours ago, Scoop said:

I honestly do not know much about Holtmann other than he got canned this year after starting 12-2 then losing 9 of 11.  My 1st pick was Chris Mack and I still would take him but I'm all aboard the Schertz train now.  But after hearing Holtmann's name, he has a weirdly similar resume as Mack.  Not sure if that is good or bad for Holtmann or Mack.  The main similarity is the Blue Bloods do not put up with losing.  Go Bills.

Think Chris Mack is way too combative and expensive for SLU to hire him. Then again, that was the case with Majerus.

59 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

The part about Holtman assumes that Chris May is being allowed to make decisions in this process. I’m not entirely sure that that is accurate.

I sure as hell hope you're right.

20 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

Think Chris May is way too combative and expensive for SLU to hire him. Then again, that was the case with Majerus.

I want a combative coach like Majerus.  No one should give a sh!t about this AD’s feelings.  If he’s still around, keep him away from basketball other than to hand out the honorary ball before home games.

1 hour ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

Boosters are gonna booster.  If certain men want a certain coach then the AD role in that process is glorified secretary.  We have about 30 years of evidence.