Transfers - 2024

ACE

43 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Yeah, I am really excited about adding Avila, but it does seem like adding him and Swope from their starting 5 was the minimum expectation. A lot of the connected folks on here were implying we’d be getting all of them. Ultimately I am pumped with the hire and Avila, so who cares, but what you point out is true. Now let’s see how Schertz builds out the rest of the roster.

We're dealing with 18-21 year olds making decisions in the presence of yearly dollar signs that I don't know if I'll end up reach in my life. Things change on a dime. 

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

We're dealing with 18-21 year olds making decisions in the presence of yearly dollar signs that I don't know if I'll end up reach in my life. Things change on a dime. 

Hundreds of thousand of dimes, in the case of the 3 guys who landed elsewhere! 

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

I think the addition of two rather than four returning starters extends the honeymoon period for Coach Schertz.  Four returning starters plus Jimerson is a preseason top 25 team because of all the known factors. Expectations by local and national media would be through the roof.

Two returning starters starters plus Jimerson plus a couple of solid pieces from the portal is a team that will be projected as top four in the A10 by the preseason outlets.  Two very different situations.  

Good point. I was thinking this is a NCAA team with 4 ISU starters and Jimmerson.  Now I don't know yet.  Going to depend on the quality of the transfers. Even then will they have chemistry.

35 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Yay when is the last time we followed crystal ball predictions?

There’s a palm reader advertised right outside my neighborhood- past the east side into O’Fallon- haven’t visited- I envision Whoopi Goldberg from ghost. 

12 minutes ago, Billikitty7 said:

There’s a palm reader advertised right outside my neighborhood- past the east side into O’Fallon- haven’t visited- I envision Whoopi Goldberg from ghost. 

You’re also thinking about Miss Cleo…

IMG_3505.jpeg

People thought that 3 were likely.  Kent visited Texas and went there.  It’s free agency, that’s how things work.  We got the prize of the 5, and a very solid guard.  Time to move on and see who else comes.

49 minutes ago, Billikitty7 said:

Hell’s Angels have took control of the palm readers, too.

Westy03 likes this

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Oh, I get it which is why I never bought the all 5 are coming talk. The power brokers on here probably should not have been making it seem like a slam dunk. Ultimately we got the prize and a tremendous coach, so I fully expect him to still build a high level roster without those 3.

CenHudDude likes this

31 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Oh, I get it which is why I never bought the all 5 are coming talk. The power brokers on here probably should not have been making it seem like a slam dunk. Ultimately we got the prize and a tremendous coach, so I fully expect him to still build a high level roster without those 3.

There is a lot to do still, but I’m hopeful for NCAA or bust type of expectations year 1

1 hour ago, TRN said:

People thought that 3 were likely.  Kent visited Texas and went there.  It’s free agency, that’s how things work.  We got the prize of the 5, and a very solid guard.  Time to move on and see who else comes.

Trilly Donovan only predicted Robbie and Isaiah.  I listen to Trilly rather than Frank C.

TRN likes this

1 hour ago, Westy03 said:

Tournament or bust should be the expectation every single year. Anything less and we are settling. 

MBM expectations are what they are. We always think we're better than where we're picked in the preseason. That's why we're MBMs.

Know it won't happen, but I can dream,

Aidan Mahaney from St. Mary's is in the portal...