ACE

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Don’t understand the Medley downgrade whatsoever 

Size and shooting ability plain and simple.  He’ll be a good player at that level.  I could see after putting up good numbers and refining his shot he’ll play for a high level team his senior year.  

CenHudDude likes this

4 minutes ago, Slowry said:

Size and shooting ability plain and simple.  He’ll be a good player at that level.  I could see after putting up good numbers and refining his shot he’ll play for a high level team his senior year.  

I was skeptical because of the size, and still am, but showed real D1 playmaking ability.  Would’ve been interesting to see in new system

Oh well

1 hour ago, Fraz said:

Very important point here.

Larry and Kent appear to be unrated coming out of HS.  Unrated as in no stars.  Not on anyone’s radar.  Both cashing out at Texas.

Avila was a 2 star center with minimal regional interest.  Now he’s a 4 star transfer and one of the best bigs in the country.

I really think that Avila in a different system would be okay at best.  He’s a great passer and a really good shooter.  But he’s thriving in an offense that accents his strong points.  If he played as a traditional big down low like most teams run he would struggle.  He’s slow and needs to bulk up to play down there.  Plus adding the extra 25-35 feet he’d have to run each trip up and down the floor he’d be gassed a lot faster.  I really hope he comes here because he fits the system so well.  He’ll have a hard time finding a system that fits him like this one.  

David King likes this

2 minutes ago, Fraz said:

I was skeptical because of the size, and still am, but showed real D1 playmaking ability.  Would’ve been interesting to see in new system

Oh well

Yes he’s one I will check box scores on and see how he progresses.  I hope he does great.  I wonder if he looked better because of the talent level around him?

Just now, Slowry said:

I really think that Avila in a different system would be okay at best.  He’s a great passer and a really good shooter.  But he’s thriving in an offense that accents his strong points.  If he played as a traditional big down low like most teams run he would struggle.  He’s slow and needs to bulk up to play down there.  Plus adding the extra 25-35 feet he’d have to run each trip up and down the floor he’d be gassed a lot faster.  I really hope he comes here because he fits the system so well.  He’ll have a hard time finding a system that fits him like this one.  

Most teams wouldn't play him as a traditional big man, but as a stretch 4 on offense.  He would be damn good in that role.  That said, this system fits his talents best.

1 hour ago, shempie said:

Might be tough with only one year left, but this is the kind of player that seem slike he would fit the new system. 

Carr is also entering the NBA, draft. 

2 hours ago, shempie said:

Might be tough with only one year left, but this is the kind of player that seem slike he would fit the new system. 

He’s from West Chester Pa. Probably heading to ‘Nova.

29 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Think the nations leading three point shooter might fit here?  Show him the money  

Wouldn't it be cool for our sixth man to have a career night against someone else?  Happened SO many freaking times again us in the before time......BJS........

On 4/15/2024 at 8:25 AM, jonny karate said:

Does slu have an ancient language department. That seems like a deal breaker.

Actually they do:

https://catalog.slu.edu/colleges-schools/arts-sciences/theological-studies/greek-latin-language-literature-ba/

I don't what you would do with such a degree other than be one of those folks that roam the desert in the Middle East searching for ancient scriptures.

jonny karate likes this

On 3/11/2024 at 12:21 PM, ACE said:

More transfers are hitting the portal now that teams are being eliminated, including CJ Jones with UIC. 6-5 sophomore guard from East St. Louis, 11.4 ppg and 4.8 apg; 37% from 3.

23 minutes ago, MusicCityBilliken said:

Actually they do:

https://catalog.slu.edu/colleges-schools/arts-sciences/theological-studies/greek-latin-language-literature-ba/

I don't what you would do with such a degree other than be one of those folks that roam the desert in the Middle East searching for ancient scriptures.