Dalger Leaving the Program

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

Well, that's a bummer.   Hope everything works out for him.     Thames more minutes?  LHJ more minutes?  Curcic? 

Dalger's minutes have been falling off a cliff in conference play. 11 mins vs VCU. This smacks of this being the reason he's gone and i hope that is correct.

Think it's likely Thames gets those minutes.. PROBLEM: Thames' minutes are not limited by his ability but by his insane rate of committing defensive penalties. Can he stop fouling?

Curcic just can't even sniff the floor in this dumpster fire. He's gone already IMO, whether CTF stays or not. Irrelevant.

LHJ must have some kind of injury issue because he has just become unplayable.

BillsThrills likes this

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Best wisnes to Tim. Hope it’s not a serious problem. He had his moments, but I wonder if  this is not due to a problem with the HC.  

I’m betting the lack of minutes in conference played a role. I also don’t blame Ford for cutting his minutes. 
would that be considered “problem with the coach?” 

That said I hope everything is Ok with him and his family.

CenHudDude likes this

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/tim-dalger-leaves-slu-mens-basketball-team-for-family-matter/article_689ca3d8-b961-11ee-8b53-8f956ce1abf5.html

“My time here has allowed me to grow and learn so much,” Dalger said in a statement. “Unfortunately, I won’t be able to continue due to an urgent personal family matter. I look forward to my future endeavors with hopes of pursuing a professional playing career.”

My junior year in college was Rich Grawer's last year.   I believe a couple players left the squad in season.  Carlos Skinner, who was a fantastic 4, left school.  Then we had a dude walk off in the middle of a game.  I can't for the life of me remember who, but that was pretty much the end of Grawer, even though he had a tremendous freshman class.  As much as it was understood Rich needed to go after that disastrous season, he was the only coach there during my entire fandom and it was bittersweet.   He had so many great wins and he built that program from the ashes.  He really did develop players and they could always defend.   I was heartbroken that he had to go.   The difference is we don't have a particularly good freshman class, our players aren't being developed, and I don't feel very conflicted right now.  

aj_arete likes this

10 hours ago, Dr. Holly Hills said:

Sh*t is getting interesting!!

Yeah. He could be heading to help out his brother like Reacher. It will take roughly a month in some small southern town. Say what you will about his basketball skills, but he looks like someone you don’t want to mess with.

Lord Elrond and DirtyRican like this

46 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Melvin Robinson also left the team that year.

OMG!  How did I forget Big Mel?    I think I remember Grawer having to call him every morning so he would wake up and go to class.

Mel.jpeg

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

Melvin Robinson also left the team that year.

It was Irvin that just walked off the floor never to be seen again.  

8 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

For that reason alone Big Chill is my all time favorite Billiken!

I was told that getting him up to was only half the problem.  Once up he didn’t want to do anything until the morning cartoons were over.  Crazy.

VeniceMenace likes this