GDT: SLU v. Saint Joseph's

1 minute ago, DOC said:

Still working? 10 hours a day monitoring a message board and responding to anyone who disagrees with a disparaging remark is impressive. Dedicated to the cause for sure. Keep up the hard work. Can't wait for another 50 redundant post tomorrow. 

Hey thanks Sean Mc. Appreciate your insight on X and this board. I'm sure your support will mean a lot to Coach Ford when he's at Berea College.

The next time you post some intelligent insight about basketball or the coaching situation will be your first time.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cian was a difference maker. Helped shutdown their guard play to spark the comeback laye in the first half and played heavy minutes in the 2nd. He deserves the game ball.

BLIKNS likes this

The joeys refusing to mark Jimerson as he hit what seemed like 8 threes in a row was some wild stuff.  Every team has shown that all you do is stop GJ and you beat the bills.  Lange is completely brain dead.  Fire him too

slufan13 likes this

8 hours ago, thetorch said:

Cian was a difference maker. Helped shutdown their guard play to spark the comeback laye in the first half and played heavy minutes in the 2nd. He deserves the game ball.

Don’t think he deserves the game ball over GJ, but he had a very nice game.  Not bad for someone who is too short to play in the A-10, was it?😀

18 minutes ago, CenHudDude said:

Don’t think he deserves the game ball over GJ, but he had a very nice game.  Not bad for someone who is too short to play in the A-10, was it?😀

We've never had a point guard who shoots 90% from the line.  He and Jimerson are a problem for teams who need to foul at the end of the game.

2nd half stats: 16-28 floor, 9-14 arc, 14-15 FT which includes a stretch of 6 straight threes and 9 of 12. Included in there was the turnaround J by Dalger which was a “Dalger Dagger!” Resulted in 55 points on 35 possessions or 1.57 pts/poss. Also, only 3 turnovers which is about a perfect a half of basketball as you can play.

What a turnaround after the first 15 mins. where anything that could go wrong did.

Dr Bird likes this

46 minutes ago, CenHudDude said:

TJ has been a very good player all year.  He certainly was off last night though.

TJ should have had about 16 points. He missed a lot of easy shots. But I will point out he got a lot of easy shots. Some days they just don't go in

7 minutes ago, willie said:

TJ should have had about 16 points. He missed a lot of easy shots. But I will point out he got a lot of easy shots. Some days they just don't go in

He hit a 3 and that's what I needed for BINGO!!

Big time ice in his veins by Cian. For a FR to be the difference between an L and a W from the line with seconds remaining says a lot about this kid. Plus he made some nice assists. He gets trapped a few times a game in amongst the trees but he’ll learn. Bruce also gave us some good minutes in the first half. He’s getting a little better game by game. Once he figures out muscle beats finesse at this level he could be an impact player. I just hope we can keep him here. 

1 hour ago, billikenbill said:

2nd half stats: 16-28 floor, 9-14 arc, 14-15 FT which includes a stretch of 6 straight threes and 9 of 12. Included in there was the turnaround J by Dalger which was a “Dalger Dagger!” Resulted in 55 points on 35 possessions or 1.57 pts/poss. Also, only 3 turnovers which is about a perfect a half of basketball as you can play.

What a turnaround after the first 15 mins. where anything that could go wrong did.

Of course the defense gave up 42 pts, which made it a less than perfect half.

VeniceMenace and Pistol like this

If this team played 25 minutes of good basketball instead of 20, our record might actually be respectable. 

Finally on the winning side, but Drake, NC state, Loychi could have all been flipped. 

28 minutes ago, wgstl said:

If this team played 25 minutes of good basketball instead of 20, our record might actually be respectable. 

Finally on the winning side, but Drake, NC state, Loychi could have all been flipped. 

That’s true, but by that same token Dartmouth, Hofstra, and Louisiana Tech could’ve just as easily been losses. 

7 minutes ago, DOC said:

I wonder what our record would be if we had played this season healthy and with Ezewiro? 

I’ll happily give Travis a pass on Bruce, SVB and Abou ineligibility because I believe that was a clerical or competence error beyond the scope of his job description. Should he have kept tabs on it? Yes, but those who make mistakes at work tend to hide them, I've been there and done that. But they took a major gamble counting on Ezewiro and it took a major judicial decision allowing a blanket waiver for him to be eligible for the games he will be. So the question is where would we be without the saving grace of the United States judicial system. 

Nice game. A few random observations. Curious if I am the only one who saw them:

Dr. C sits in front of me. He looked completely disengaged until about 15 minutes left.

TF looked a lot calmer on the bench last night. A couple of plays that previously would get him worked up (the last turnover and big Brad's last foul come to mind) didn't.

The offense flowed much better with Meadows and Medley on the floor together. The ball actually moved more and there wasn't one guy at the top of the key pounding it into the floor deep into the clock. Hope we see more of that.

The team hasn't quit on the coach.

At one point in the first half  the rebounds. 21-9 against. Wonder what was said to reverse that?

3 minutes ago, shempie said:

Nice game. A few random observations. Curious if I am the only one who saw them:

Dr. C sits in front of me. He looked completely disengaged until about 15 minutes left.

TF looked a lot calmer on the bench last night. A couple of plays that previously would get him worked up (the last turnover and big Brad's last foul come to mind) didn't.

The offense flowed much better with Meadows and Medley on the floor together. The ball actually moved more and there wasn't one guy at the top of the key pounding it into the floor deep into the clock. Hope we see more of that.

The team hasn't quit on the coach.

At one point in the first half  the rebounds. 21-9 against. Wonder what was said to reverse that?

I agree with everything here. I would venture to guess the switch to zone by SJU made it easier to rebound. 

11 minutes ago, DOC said:

I wonder what our record would be if we had played this season healthy and with Ezewiro? 

13-3

MB73 likes this

50 minutes ago, David King said:

Of course the defense gave up 42 pts, which made it a less than perfect half.

LOL 😂 

MM needs to play as more of a SG than a PG. Not even a CG really. He's better without the ball and moving around. 

Ive been hard on MM, because I think he does a lot of nothing most of the time he is in, but last night was a good sign.