Join A Grassroots Movement for Change of AD and MBB Coach

TheA_Bomb

5 minutes ago, stmdragons said:

Nate Lucas, a wannabe Clay Travis. He used to host a midday show on 590 with Rammer. Not sure if that’s still a thing or not.

Wow, just wow. I guess people have some questions for the coach next coaches show at Humphrey’s? 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

If @TheOne says the buyout is more than $10M, I assume we are on the hook for a huge total this spring no matter what. I trust him over all sources on this one

But couldn’t - to a degree - both be correct on this?

Just now, wgstl said:

But couldn’t - to a degree - both be correct on this?

My guess at the situation. Ford has a long term deal with more years remaining that any of would have guessed. It's possible that buyout isn't solely dictated on how many years are left but rather it's a set amount that would eventually decrease in the final years of his contract. 

The rumor that local boosters tried to buy out Ford last year with a candidate already in mind becomes a lot more believable to me. Those boosters probably then decided to hold back NIL money. Those same boosters probably leaked basic info to certain St Louis media guys but wouldn't leak specifics obviously. 

Why doesn’t May stop all of his fluff sayings  to keep his job and fool the administration with his community, compete, educate AD speak and start saying let’s win more games in mbb?!?! May is the King of all looks good here when in reality the ship is sinking fast before our eyes with no NIL plan and no coaching plan. 

Here is my guess at Chris Mays NIL strategy….Hey Dr. C aren’t these kids just great young men, they competed, did community service and educated themselves, sure we lost 20 games but big picture we are in the changing lives business….ya ya ya anyway can I have $10 million for NIL deals? Think Novellys would kick in some dough too? Genius of a plan and unfortunately I think that really is his big master plan. Meanwhile Rome is burning and he’s in denial. 

4 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

My guess at the situation. Ford has a long term deal with more years remaining that any of would have guessed. It's possible that buyout isn't solely dictated on how many years are left but rather it's a set amount that would eventually decrease in the final years of his contract. 

The rumor that local boosters tried to buy out Ford last year with a candidate already in mind becomes a lot more believable to me. Those boosters probably then decided to hold back NIL money. Those same boosters probably leaked basic info to certain St Louis media guys but wouldn't leak specifics obviously. 

If this is true, I have gone from liking Travis Ford but disliking his coaching performance to truly despising him.  If he turned down a $7Mill buyout when he knew he wasn't wanted, screw him.    I feel really bad for our players who have had to deal with this garbage.   Could we maybe promote him to executive toilet cleaner for the arena and promote Harriman to head coach spending the same amount of money.  

Soderball likes this

8 minutes ago, OkieBilliken said:

If this is true, I have gone from liking Travis Ford but disliking his coaching performance to truly despising him.  If he turned down a $7Mill buyout when he knew he wasn't wanted, screw him.    I feel really bad for our players who have had to deal with this garbage.   Could we maybe promote him to executive toilet cleaner for the arena and promote Harriman to head coach spending the same amount of money.  

He's not as much of a "good guy" as he has us believe. He's looking out for #1.

JMM28 likes this

2 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/pac12/2023/05/30/nick-rolovich-washington-state-firing-lawsuit-mostly-dismissed/70271526007/

It's been done before and upheld in court.

Here's the play:

After investigation it is revealed that Coach Ford did violate SLU's Covid protocols when he hosted a off campus party with employees and students. For his failure to comply with University protocols, which he agreed to in writing, he is terminated with cause immediately. Director May is also terminated with cause for failure to enforce the University protocols and loss of institutional control in the Athletic Department. The University is committed to public health and equal application of rules for all students, faculty and employees.*

*SLU Public Affairs feel free to cut and paste the above in your press release

-laches

1 hour ago, TheOne said:

Not auto-renew but fixed term and a long one with buyout, unless picked up by another school then SLU pays the diff.

1 hour ago, slufan13 said:

Here you go 

-if true then CFord holds all of the cards - why would he take $7.5 if his contract calls for him to get more than that? 

-we are a bad soap opera

On 1/28/2024 at 2:18 PM, Soderball said:

NIL, not even close.

Salesman crap doesn't work like it used to, to CTFs endless frustration. I'd rather have a Frank Martin and NIL money.

It does when other schools are also offering the same amounts you are.  There is still some recruiting that has to happen.

1 hour ago, slufan13 said:

So when somebody came on here in 2019 and said Ford got a 10 year extension, were they full of it or was that actually legit?

Removing all that has happened since 2019, especially this season, it’s still inconceivable to think that one conference championship warranted a 10 year extension at top dollar. That is just being played by an agent, plain and simple, if it’s true. 

billiken_roy and cheeseman like this