Bruce Zhang

One of the problems I see with SVB or Bruce is the offense we are running. We are using our 5 at the top of the key handling the ball and screening We need to run a differnt set if they are in the game.  . Works well with TJ but I currently can't see the other 2 being good at this. Neither one knows how to set a screen without moving much less making an entry pass. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually bruce is reputed to be a fairly good passer.   granted i didnt see it happen this past weekend.   but i know that was said leading up to the season. 

4 hours ago, brianstl said:

We beat Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, Louisville 5 times, Cincinnati 3 times and Marquette 5 times with Heinrich at center.  We beat 4 top 25 teams with Heinrich at center including the #4 ranked team and the #1 ranked team in the country.  Good times.

I am not saying you're wrong, but describing those wins in that matter is a bit misleading. Heinrich only averaged 21 minutes a game his upperclassmen years. And he didn't really start until he was a senior. That means 19 minutes a game you had either Tatum/Baniak, Baniak/Braun or Braun/Tatum as your frontcourt combination.

6 minutes ago, Matty Light said:

I am not saying you're wrong, but describing those wins in that matter is a bit misleading. Heinrich only averaged 21 minutes a game his upperclassmen years. And he didn't really start until he was a senior. That means 19 minutes a game you had either Tatum/Baniak, Baniak/Braun or Braun/Tatum as your frontcourt combination.

Look what front court depth can do for you.  None of those guys were world beaters but they were serviceable and didn't make a lot of mistakes. 

7 minutes ago, Matty Light said:

-another way to say that is he played half the game

21 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Look what front court depth can do for you.  None of those guys were world beaters but they were serviceable and didn't make a lot of mistakes. 

Agreed. You couldn't really play Baniak and Braun together because the other team's PF would just murder you. The CUSA was that good. Tatum was the key on defense. He was the only guy strong enough and quick enough to keep those guys out of the paint. Heinrich was strong enough and would spell Tatum but his lack of speed led to fouls. Baniak and Braun were best couples with either Tatum or Heinrich. In 2000, Mo Jeffers would play some PF but Tatum or Heinrich would have to guard the opposing Alpha.