2023-2024 Season

Aquinas

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-every kid has their own reasons for why they go to, or don't go to, a school -- some of our locals want to go to schools not in StL, the goal should be to secure the border while realizing that we won't get all of them but we should get our share

Which we have.  But any decent big has more options than his perimeter counterpart.  It's an uphill battle pulling those guys out of high school.  The main reason Daron Holmes is at Dayton right now is because of Obi Toppin's success.  And the main reason Obi ended up at Dayton is because he grew 3 inches after he committed.

SLUMedBilliken15 likes this

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Which we have.  But any decent big has more options than his perimeter counterpart.  It's an uphill battle pulling those guys out of high school.  The main reason Daron Holmes is at Dayton right now is because of Obi Toppin's success.  And the main reason Obi ended up at Dayton is because he grew 3 inches after he committed.

good points as usual

5 hours ago, brianstl said:

Traore has been a really nice player at LBS. 

DePaul might be historically bad this season.  They have lost their first two buy games to Purdue FW and LBS.  If they don't beat South Dakota tonight, they might not have a chance to pick up their first win until they play Chicago St on Dec 30.

Don’t sleep on the Chi-State cougars. They just beat So. Ind. by 11 on the road. They also have two 6’9 5-star twins who are suing the NCAA to become eligible. The NCAA is truly a mess.

22 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

@Wynn Sports Book in Las Vegas - SLU is 200:1 to win '24 NCAA Men's BKB, VCU same, Dayton 250:1, Bonnies 500:1, Davidson 300:1, Richmond 150:1, Mason 250:1, Loyola 1000:1, St. Joe’s 300:1, Duquesne, Fordham, LaSalle 500:1. 

The above is how Vegas sees the season ending .  Another point of view is how Vegas sees the A-10 today.

1st...Day

2nd...tied...SLU, Duq and VCU

5th...tied...Rich...Dav

7th...Loy

8th...tied...GM, GW,  St. B., St. J, RI and UMass

14th...Fham

15th...LaS

While the standings are not real meaningful at this time due to a small sample size...the betting  still counts.

13 hours ago, Matty Light said:

Jayson was at almost every game his dad played in at home. He's a true blue Billiken fan even if he didn't attend here.

Tatum wasn't even 3 when Justin quit playing for SLU. Justin was no fan of SLU when he left or much of the time he played here. I don't know about this timeline.

11 hours ago, thetorch said:

Tatum wasn't even 3 when Justin quit playing for SLU. Justin was no fan of SLU when he left or much of the time he played here. I don't know about this timeline.

Dude, Jayson was a toddler but he was always there at the Savvis Center.

Can't say the same for most of the students at the time.

almaman likes this

Just now, johnbj14 said:

Because we had a clown at the helm of our program. 

If Jayson Tatum came here, Justin could have been the head coach right then and there.

Does he have any more kids? Wake me up when he's got some more high school sophs ready to make a pit stop on the way to the NBA.

Snore. Boring. Chris Mack for SLU.

1 minute ago, Soderball said:

If Jayson Tatum came here, Justin could have been the head coach right then and there.

Does he have any more kids? Wake me up when he's got some more high school sophs ready to make a pit stop on the way to the NBA.

Snore. Boring. Chris Mack for SLU.

I agree with your last sentence. SLU should aim higher. Mack would be a dream come true. 

Soderball likes this

1 hour ago, Soderball said:

Then why'd he play for Duke?

Why did Jayson go and play for Coach K at Duke (irrelevant what everyone's personal opinion of him is) verses play for he who shall not be named with the Billikens. You can't seriously be asking this question....

I was at his visit through campus. I remember it being absolutely embarrassing. He made the right choice. 

On 11/15/2023 at 2:36 PM, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Why did Jayson go and play for Coach K at Duke (irrelevant what everyone's personal opinion of him is) verses play for he who shall not be named with the Billikens. You can't seriously be asking this question....

I was at his visit through campus. I remember it being absolutely embarrassing. He made the right choice. 

Wasn’t there supposed to be some sort of gathering of students lining the quad?  And we got there and no one was there?  Am I remembering correctly? Haha

2 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Wasn’t there supposed to be some sort of gathering of students lining the quad?  And we got there and no one was there?  Am I remembering correctly? Haha

I don't remember if I was with you.... But ya they took him on a golf cart through campus. I was outside gries towards grand there were a few people lined up and they were getting people to cheer and stuff but ya it was terribly awkward.

Just when my hopes were rising with the play of Bruce, Parker breaks his foot. He was establishing himself as a playmaker, but like Perkins, he goes down. This is a killer hit. We need a strong outside game to cover our weaknesses inside. Everything just got a lot harder. 

1 hour ago, Aquinas said:

Just when my hopes were rising with the play of Bruce, Parker breaks his foot. He was establishing himself as a playmaker, but like Perkins, he goes down. This is a killer hit. We need a strong outside game to cover our weaknesses inside. Everything just got a lot harder. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ljpgam7kt5zy0mq21k

16 hours ago, Aquinas said:

Any hope of 20 wins 🙂 just went down the tubes. Now just hoping for 12 wins and avoiding the Tuesday night pillow fight (or whatever night it is this year.) Got to roll the dice with Bruce and the Serbian Sniper and see what they can do.