2023-2024 Season

Aquinas

2 hours ago, RUBillsFan said:

Based on the Twitter stats her post above about doing PxP for SLU games currently has 76.5k views, 28 comments, 11 reposts, and 315 likes.

For comparison, you have to add up the last 11 tweets from the SLU MBB account from 10/27 to today to top 315 likes.  Last single post that had more was their 10/16 post about Collins signing with the Warriors that got 600 likes.

-thank you, I hope there are at least 76,000 people that like SLU bball

-have we ever seen our tv ratings?

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, BrettJollyComedyHour said:

Can anyone give me a good reason that the Lincoln game is a Wednesday at 8 PM? Obviously not prime time TV right?

I personally hate these 8pm starts. Some of them just seem so random. Like this one.

Article by Stu on Hargrove preparing for playing in the paint.  The end of the article dispells the conspiracy rumors that the delays on van Bussel and Magassa were more than related to their previous academic work in other countries.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/hargrove-ready-to-be-slus-big-man-as-long-as-hes-needed/article_f608b2d6-7c01-11ee-a449-cf2b6d1cd810.html

13 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Article by Stu on Hargrove preparing for playing in the paint.  The end of the article dispells the conspiracy rumors that the delays on van Bussel and Magassa were more than related to their previous academic work in other countries.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/hargrove-ready-to-be-slus-big-man-as-long-as-hes-needed/article_f608b2d6-7c01-11ee-a449-cf2b6d1cd810.html

Good to see Van Bussel cleared.  Hopefully his foot has healed

14 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

I don't think there were any theories about these two. I think the other two are the ones that have generated speculation about the circumstances surrounding their paperwork, clearances, etc.

10 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I don't think there were any theories about these two. I think the other two are the ones that have generated speculation about the circumstances surrounding their paperwork, clearances, etc.

I'm not going back and look for it, but at least one poster said there were complications beyond normal grade transcripts. 

I'm not sure if there is anything on Ezewiro's case beyond the NCAA's lack of action.  Reading several pundits this morning, there is a healthy list of 2x players still waiting to hear.  Zhang, apparently only an inured ankle.  It seems he is close to seeing action.

3 minutes ago, TheBand said:

I’m hearing he gametime for Wednesday may be moved up to a (normal) 7pm tip-off.  

No need to leave early to save tables/get your pitchers at Humphrey’s. 

Thats a shame.  I thought ESPN2 was going to pick it up

17 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I'm not going back and look for it, but at least one poster said there were complications beyond normal grade transcripts. 

I'm not sure if there is anything on Ezewiro's case beyond the NCAA's lack of action.  Reading several pundits this morning, there is a healthy list of 2x players still waiting to hear.  Zhang, apparently only an inured ankle.  It seems he is close to seeing action.

Zhang very clearly had questions regarding eligibility. "I'm not going back and finding it" but there were links to articles circulating that talked about him being paid by a Chinese basketball team. 

thetorch likes this

3 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

ESPN+ had it on their schedule when I looked on the app earlier this morning 

I was kidding, there was no reason for the game to ever be at 8 unless it was to be aired on an ESPN channel, but for some reason ESPN didnt want to air SLU vs Lincoln. Their loss. 

14 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Zhang very clearly had questions regarding eligibility. "I'm not going back and finding it" but there were links to articles circulating that talked about him being paid by a Chinese basketball team. 

Sounds like a classic case of "don't believe everything you read on the internet".

CenHudDude likes this

6 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Sounds like a classic case of "don't believe everything you read on the internet".

That was just the publicly available information. There's a very big story here, whether you want to believe it or not. Bruce may have a knee injury, but his eligibility status was and may still be in doubt.

JMM28 and majerus mojo like this

10 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

That was just the publicly available information. There's a very big story here, whether you want to believe it or not. Bruce may have a knee injury, but his eligibility status was and may still be in doubt.

You are 100% correct. The Zhang thing was/is a weird one with a lot of moving parts. 

Stu has come out and said that he’s eligible when he gets healthy, information definitely came from the team. Don’t know why we’re trying to come out and make this a story when it’s not one currently.

We might be one of the only fan bases in the country that will self report an allegation against one of our guys

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

I never do. And same on this message board. I’m still waiting for Collins to suit up for Kansas State. And I guess UConn missed the announcement made on this board that they have joined the Big 12. 

ACE likes this

4 minutes ago, gabriel said:

Stu has come out and said that he’s eligible when he gets healthy, information definitely came from the team. Don’t know why we’re trying to come out and make this a story when it’s not one currently.

We might be one of the only fan bases in the country that will self report an allegation against one of our guys

We’re not self reporting anything. It’s out there, if the NCAA wants to find something on Bruce they can just Google. Something I guess the outgoing Compliance AAD didn’t do. 

SLU constantly hides behind silence because they can get away with it. Stu is only sharing what he cares to be given or ask for. So yeah I want some point blank black and white answers. 

JMM28 likes this

4 minutes ago, gabriel said:

Last week's edition of Midtown Madness revealed how frustrated the participants are with SLU's lack of transparency.  So if doubt creeps into their minds on any issue, their default position is that SLU has something to hide. When a representative of SLU does respond, like Stu, he still isn't considered credible. 

Do I wish SLU's administration was more transparent?  Yes.  Do I think going on regular witch hunts will make them more transparent?  No.  And when no witch is ultimately found, it just tarnishes the reputation of folks making the claim.  I know this isn't the intent.  But it is the inevitable effect.

billikenbill likes this