Transfers - 2023

ACE

15 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Heard he received $400k. Whether that is accurate or not I cannot say for certainty but considering the position the source is in I have no reason to believe he was fed misinformation. 

I’ve always wondered if Ford felt obligated to play Yuri 100 minutes a game this season because of this (Yuri’s NIL $). Definitely times this year when LHJ should’ve come in a lot earlier than he did. 

Wild speculation here but let's continue with the wild speculation.  Let's say you're the guy that ponied up the $400k to keep that PG as you saw him as integral to that borderline Top 25 team and team some experts said would make some noise in the Tournament.  After all these years the team is set and it's going to happen.  Maybe you also care so much you've given a lot of money before.  All that $ it's finally here...... then you lose to BSU, SIUE, get blown out 3x vs VCU and don't even get to the NIT. Damn that stings. Does it sting enough to pony up an additional $5mil? Maybe.....

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keshon Gibert is entering the portal.  Born in STL, grew up in Vegas, played his senior year at Webster. Dad lives here, mom in Vegas. 

6’4” guard averaged 11.4 points, 3.8 rebounds, 3.2 assists, and 1.7 steals.

4 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Keshon Gibert is entering the portal.  Born in STL, grew up in Vegas, played his senior year at Webster. Dad lives here, mom in Vegas. 

6’4” guard averaged 11.4 points, 3.8 rebounds, 3.2 assists, and 1.7 steals.

Gilbert played at Vashon not Webster.

On 3/18/2023 at 4:19 PM, slu72 said:

No doubt Perkins reunion tour raised expectations. He was an incredible scorer pre injury. And then it got compounded by an ankle injury. But I praise him, he made no excuses. And kept his attitude. Nothing but respect for the Perkolator.
To me, Yurimania, seemed very disconnected from this team. Yes, hard to complain about the nation’s leader in assists, but there were games where I thought he was trying to showcase his talent and not his teammates.

Also, Okoro came up short from what we saw in his last 15 or so games from the previous season. I don’t know why, but does anyone? 
Even taking of the above into consideration, I still chalk up this disappointing season to Ford. What happened to Bully Ball on D? Perk was effective from 3 as was Gibby, but they were not used as effectively as they could be. Parker could have been more of a factor. And, let’s be honest, we played some of our best ball with Legend Jr running the offense. Note to Travis: STOP WITH THE FRIGGING WEAVE! it does nothing but let the opponent relax while you play keep away. I agree with B’roy. This season was a major downer. Worse then the 2 Crews’ years with his recruits. We knew that was terrible hoops. But when u enter the season with 3-4 guys that have all conference resumes and they come up empty, it makes the pain that much worse come March and there’s no our team to root for. We should be playing, but we’re not. Enough said. Move on. Move Forward. Go Bills! 

If I heard it once, I’ve heard it a thousand times: Yuri Collins is the best point guard in the nation. Watching the stellar point guards in the tournament makes me realize there are plenty of point guards who should hold that title.

34 minutes ago, Marlow said:

If I heard it once, I’ve heard it a thousand times: Yuri Collins is the best point guard in the nation. Watching the stellar point guards in the tournament makes me realize there are plenty of point guards who should hold that title.

Didn't I read that Okoro's Mom is extremely ill?  That can impact a player greatly.

11 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Wild speculation here but let's continue with the wild speculation.  Let's say you're the guy that ponied up the $400k to keep that PG as you saw him as integral to that borderline Top 25 team and team some experts said would make some noise in the Tournament.  After all these years the team is set and it's going to happen.  Maybe you also care so much you've given a lot of money before.  All that $ it's finally here...... then you lose to BSU, SIUE, get blown out 3x vs VCU and don't even get to the NIT. Damn that stings. Does it sting enough to pony up an additional $5mil? Maybe.....

No clue, but wish I had that problem. I could think of about 500 better things to spend $400k on than a mid-major point guard

32 minutes ago, 757billiken said:

9 hours ago, DOC said:

Interesting. Wonder who was at the kitchen table? Regardless, if Ford is anywhere recruiting, then he’s staying. 

it seems a fair bit of the recruiting budget is being spent by the soon to be ex coach. doesnt seem to be a good use of resources, would think you would want the next guy to have the money to spend

7 hours ago, DOC said:

This is a different administration.  check out the A10 basketball standings. Why is Fordham listed as 2nd? Thought they finished 3rd?

Frank yesterday went from this isn’t happening on his radio show in the morning to this might be happening but shouldn’t on the 10 PM news last night.

Does that mean it will ultimately happen?  No, but some boosters are definitely going around the AD to try to make it happen. The fact it got posted here probably complicates what they are trying to do.

It explains the complete silence from some certain posters with real connections since this “rumor” was first posted.  One in particular has avoided his “you are spreading lies to destroy program” response that would normally be in a thread like this.

dlarry and NoCoBillsFan like this

47 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Frank yesterday went from this isn’t happening on his radio show in the morning to this might be happening but shouldn’t on the 10 PM news last night.

Does that mean it will ultimately happen?  No, but some boosters are definitely going around the AD to try to make it happen. The fact it got posted here probably complicates what they are trying to do.

It explains the complete silence from some certain posters with real connections since this “rumor” was first posted.  One in particular has avoided his “you are spreading lies to destroy program” response that would normally be in a thread like this.

Sounds like Frank received some news between his morning show and 10PM.

I’d still be surprised if it happens but it seems some powerful people are making a run at it.

1 hour ago, 757billiken said:

SLU offered him as a HS recruit. Offered very early on, too. He ended up committing Penn State in fall 2020, decommitted after Chambers resigned, then recommitted in March 2021, and then two months later he signed with Austin Peay.

His numbers actually decreased as a sophomore but he's been very productive there in 2 seasons.

To say people hate Ford being our coach is bit strong.  You could easily say that there are some who are not happy with him being the coach based on his performance to date.  Now, why is nothing being said either way - only speculation obviously- but if a group of big donors are working the room so to speak then it will take some time.  Negotiations are always dicey until they are not.  If May is digging in he could be sealing his fate either way.  If he wins and Ford stays then if Ford does not deliver then May will be left holding the bag.  If May agrees to make a change then this will be his second chance to get it right but also his second chance to flub it.  Now before some start saying that May did not miss on the Ford hire lets just for the sake of argument just accept there is at least two avenues of thought on the topic and leave it at that.

3 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

To say people hate Ford being our coach is bit strong.  You could easily say that there are some who are not happy with him being the coach based on his performance to date.  Now, why is nothing being said either way - only speculation obviously- but if a group of big donors are working the room so to speak then it will take some time.  Negotiations are always dicey until they are not.  If May is digging in he could be sealing his fate either way.  If he wins and Ford stays then if Ford does not deliver then May will be left holding the bag.  If May agrees to make a change then this will be his second chance to get it right but also his second chance to flub it.  Now before some start saying that May did not miss on the Ford hire lets just for the sake of argument just accept there is at least two avenues of thought on the topic and leave it at that.

lets be honest cheeseman, some say intense dislike others say hate. 

there is some very very negative opinions way beyond "not happy". this may turn into an epic cluster****

What's the full list of confirmed contacts? Here's what I've seen:

Robert Jennings (Texas Tech)
C.J. Noland (Oklahoma)
Elijah Hutchins-Everett (Austin Peay)
Demarcus Sharp (Northwestern State)
Greg Dolan (Cornell)
Essam Mostafa (East Carolina)
Khalif Battle (Temple)
Camren Hunter (Central Arkansas)
Langston Wilson (Washington)
Joshua Rivera (Lafayette)
Mike Meadows (Portland)
Josh Cohen (St. Francis PA)
De'Anthony Tipler (ETSU)

Anyone missing?

5 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

lets be honest cheeseman, some say intense dislike others say hate. 

there is some very very negative opinions way beyond "not happy". this may turn into an epic cluster****

Using the word hate is bit like saying I am going to kill you - don't take is literal, the same for intense dislike.