Transfers - 2023

ACE

29 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Hunter is pretty unlikely. 

why do you say this?   i know nothing about hunter so i am asking for context not challenging you.    it would seem to me that Arkansas is the only program we might be at a disadvantage to considering we just "graduated" our point guard with no true point guard in the program right now and knowing Ford has been very convincing with his recruiting.  

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

why do you say this?   i know nothing about hunter so i am asking for context not challenging you.    it would seem to me that Arkansas is the only program we might be at a disadvantage to considering we just "graduated" our point guard with no true point guard in the program right now and knowing Ford has been very convincing with his recruiting.  

interesting mix of final five, 2sec, 1 big east and 2 a-10 schools. always wonder how many are committable offers

14 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Mix of reasons. grew up in Arkansas, Arkansas will have plenty of guard PT opening up since they lose a few. NIL $ wont be an issue even if he is not a starter.  Has also been on a campus for a visit in the last few days.  What it will come down to is how long does he take to commit, longer it takes, better our or anyone not Arky chance is. 

26 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

interesting mix of final five, 2sec, 1 big east and 2 a-10 schools. always wonder how many are committable offers

Let's rank it:

Playing time - I'd imagine us and LoyChi are at the top of that list (Not sure about Butler)

NIL $ - Arkansas. I believe Mizzou boosters are trying to put together some serious scratch to try and keep Kobe Brown. Outside of Are Kansas we can compete with the other 3. Although I'm not sure what holes Mizzou has to fill this upcoming season. Hopefully not the PG position!

Chance to dance - Arkansas. Gates can sell recruits on this past season's tourney appearance. 

If he's happy with sitting on the bench for 25 minutes and wants to stay close to home it's going to be Arkansas. But if we can strike the right balance of playing time, NIL $, and  Ford salesmanship I think we've got a fighting chance. 

1 minute ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Let's rank it:

Playing time - I'd imagine us and LoyChi are at the top of that list (Not sure about Butler)

NIL $ - Arkansas. I believe Mizzou boosters are trying to put together some serious scratch to try and keep Kobe Brown. Outside of Are Kansas we can compete with the other 3. Although I'm sure what holes Mizzou has to fill this upcoming season. Hopefully not the PG position!

Chance to dance - Arkansas. Gates can sell recruits on this past season's tourney appearance. 

If he's happy with sitting on the bench for 25 minutes and wants to stay close to home it's going to be Arkansas. But if we can strike the right balance of playing time, NIL $, and  Ford salesmanship I think we've got a fighting chance. 

missouri has a freshman point guard and a senior coming back, hunter is the kind of player gates likes , close the deal travis

5 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Let's rank it:

NIL $ - Arkansas. I believe Mizzou boosters are trying to put together some serious scratch to try and keep Kobe Brown. Outside of Are Kansas we can compete with the other 3. Although I'm not sure what holes Mizzou has to fill this upcoming season. Hopefully not the PG position!

Butler lost 2 or their 3 guards to handle the ball. 

29 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Mix of reasons. grew up in Arkansas, Arkansas will have plenty of guard PT opening up since they lose a few. NIL $ wont be an issue even if he is not a starter.  Has also been on a campus for a visit in the last few days.  What it will come down to is how long does he take to commit, longer it takes, better our or anyone not Arky chance is. 

If he's smart he'd know not to trust that shirtless dooosh when it comes to PT. Didn't Muscleman convince like 78 dudes to play at Arkansas this past season? 

dennis_w likes this

3 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

If he's smart he'd know not to trust that shirtless dooosh when it comes to PT. Didn't Muscleman convince like 78 dudes to play at Arkansas this past season? 

I think hes done that a few years now, at least it felt like he had a crap ton of players on the roster 

42 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

i feel good about our 3 bigs, would turnbull be a take if available?

Per 40 stats - which are misleading with such few minutes show Connor would actually be decent with minutes 

4 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Id say Turnbull is a notch above Momo.  Im all in for getting a center, but they would need to be better than just "barley" better than what we have. 

I wouldn't really call Turnbull a center.  He is more of a stretch 4.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

I wouldn't really call Turnbull a center.  He is more of a stretch 4.

I watched Butler a few times, and Turnbull got in once for a long stretch and the other games garbage time.  He played 117 minutes this season.  When two of the Butler Bigs went down, his minutes went up. 

He had trouble guarding the post, but the Big East has some huge power players. That's not easy.

He did hit 8 of 17 (47%) three pointers, so that is in his favor.  He was only 15-34 overall for 44%.  16 total rebounds for a 0.7 bpg average.  He needs some more seasoning. 

St. Louis: “I played them my freshman year so I’ve already seen everything. I’ve seen their facilities and how they play. They play very heavy through their guards and have a top five point guard in the country playing for the Bob Cousy award in Yuiry Collins. Also, Coach Forte was very consistent along with coach Amorrow. They showed me not just my strengths but my weaknesses, how they can help me as a point guard, and get me to the next level.

6 hours ago, Scoop said:

Get Kasean Pryor. 6’10” who can shoot it. Playing in the Juco championship now. 1st team all region transfer from Boise State. I’m sure one of the players Ford and Tate traveled to see at Hutch.

His name came up on the Recruiting - 2023 thread last month. Will Bailey follows him on Twitter. We offered out of HS. Interesting name for sure.

3 minutes ago, Bilzz said:

You feel good about Cisse, Vice, and Zhang? 

yes, wouldnt mind have another with experience, zhang is a massive human being and doesnt appear to be a stiff, vice is very strong and athletic, only saw limited cisse, but he showed flashes

19 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

we can hope cisse makes a step up his second year 

In his limited action, Cisse looked like he is in need of a lot of development.  Ready for big minutes next year ..... don't see it but you can always hope.