Transfers - 2023

ACE

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

would you agree that some are way past "not happy"? what is between not happy and intense dislike?

This not a life and death situation so I doubt there are any who have an intense dislike.  An intense dislike usually means you would celebrate bad things happening to that person and doubt anyone on here wishes Ford harm.

18 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

would you agree that some are way past "not happy"? what is between not happy and intense dislike?

lol. This is amazing to me. 

Not happy - we can do better. 

Intense dislike - I hope I don't see him walking down the street. 

Absolutely no one is past the beginning stages of "not happy"

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Thanks for clarifying, interesting take on those words 

12 minutes ago, gabriel said:

I like the early moves we have been making - what is the typical timing for players to enter the portal? decide on a school?

Really, there is no typical timeline. It can be days, weeks, months. Every situation is different. We've signed guys in mid-late summer. We could get a commitment this week.

gabriel likes this

Just now, dennis_w said:

If I didn't see someone's post, sorry, but it has not felt like anyone has any sort of disdain towards Ford whatsoever.  Its as simple as we pay to much to get such minimal results.  It happens, he didn't tank the program, he didn't abuse players, theres absolutely no ill towards coach Ford at all. 

6 minutes ago, wgstl said:

3 minutes ago, dennis_w said:

I was never implying that posters intended physical harm but their take on his coaching is way past not happy

Just now, dennis_w said:

I was never implying that posters intended physical harm but their take on his coaching is way past not happy

Its a figure of speech, no one would actually do that. You're taking things too literality. You and BFF really want to paint this picture that is simply not there. Fans don't hate Ford. He has been good for the program to get us out of where we were.  Most just think its time to move on. 

42 minutes ago, Pistol said:

What's the full list of confirmed contacts? Here's what I've seen:

Robert Jennings (Texas Tech)
C.J. Noland (Oklahoma)
Elijah Hutchins-Everett (Austin Peay)
Demarcus Sharp (Northwestern State)
Greg Dolan (Cornell)
Essam Mostafa (East Carolina)
Khalif Battle (Temple)
Camren Hunter (Central Arkansas)
Langston Wilson (Washington)
Joshua Rivera (Lafayette)
Mike Meadows (Portland)
Josh Cohen (St. Francis PA)
De'Anthony Tipler (ETSU)

Anyone missing?

Adding Keshon Gilbert (UNLV).

Apologies for interrupting the bickering.

7 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Really, there is no typical timeline. It can be days, weeks, months. Every situation is different. We've signed guys in mid-late summer. We could get a commitment this week.

The amount of contacts that the players themselves are confirming seems to me to indicate that there is money in the NIL till.  Maybe I reading too much into it, but in today's game I don't think a player considers your interest serious unless they believe a competitive NIL deal is part of the offer.  

Just now, Pistol said:

Adding Keshon Gilbert (UNLV).

Apologies for interrupting the bickering.

Thanks for compiling the list, hopefully we can get some good ones off this list.  Any 4/5 types on this you think we should concentrate on?

My apologies for interrupting the bickering as well.

Just now, brianstl said:

The amount of contacts that the players themselves are confirming seems to me to indicate that there is money in the NIL till.  Maybe I reading too much into it, but in today's game I don't think a player considers your interest serious unless they believe a competitive NIL deal is part of the offer.  

Loychi has been like last years Arkansas fwiw.  They've reached out to an extremely high amount it seems. 

25 minutes ago, wgstl said:

How about extremely disappointed in our HC? 

7 minutes ago, Lord Elrond said:

Thanks for compiling the list, hopefully we can get some good ones off this list.  Any 4/5 types on this you think we should concentrate on?

My apologies for interrupting the bickering as well.

I'm not going to throw darts at names. The portal is nearing 500 and has gotten over 1,700 in each of the last two seasons. It would be a waste of time to spin my wheels on any names that I can't at least confirm SLU contact with.

9 minutes ago, brianstl said:

That's definitely true at a certain level. I'm not sure it matters all the way down, like a guy riding the bench at a Big South school and looking for more playing time. But yeah, SLU's BVF bag is going to be part of the discussion for our open spots.

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

I'm not going to throw darts at names. The portal is nearing 500 and has gotten over 1,700 in each of the last two seasons. It would be a waste of time to spin my wheels on any names that I can't at least confirm SLU contact with.

That’s fair. Most of the players are probably weighing multiple offers from schools, it’s probably way to early to tell, unless someone really wants to come here for some family or other personal reason.

55 minutes ago, Pistol said:

What's the full list of confirmed contacts? Here's what I've seen:

Robert Jennings (Texas Tech)
C.J. Noland (Oklahoma)
Elijah Hutchins-Everett (Austin Peay)
Demarcus Sharp (Northwestern State)
Greg Dolan (Cornell)
Essam Mostafa (East Carolina)
Khalif Battle (Temple)
Camren Hunter (Central Arkansas)
Langston Wilson (Washington)
Joshua Rivera (Lafayette)
Mike Meadows (Portland)
Josh Cohen (St. Francis PA)
De'Anthony Tipler (ETSU)

Anyone missing?

So what’s everyone’s preference here?

Underperforming power conference players or stat stuffing lower level conference players? 

We’ve seen it work both ways and not work both ways. 

4 minutes ago, slu72 said:

How about extremely disappointed in our HC? 

Im disappointed, I wouldn't say extremely. But given the delicate timeframe we're in, we cant stay like this much longer.  

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

Underperforming power conference players or stat stuffing lower level conference players? 

Depends on the player. I’m generally a fan of physical power conference transfer downs who were highly rated recruits to be an impact player. It feels like the transfer up guys can fill a smaller role better though. So depends on what need this staff is looking to fill. 

dlarry likes this

Just now, slu72 said:

I may be wrong, but I doubt Loyola has an NIL fund as big as Arkansas. 

oh I would be shocked, but that was sorta my point to Brians post.  I have no clue if the reason we're after the players we are  is due to NIL, and seeing Loyola doing the same makes be think it doesn't. 

3 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I can go either way. But I have seen some names of players we're linked to that are low level players with not big numbers.  And Im not a fan of that. 

6 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Got to get some guys that are proven dogs defensively.