Khalif Battle (Temple)
Camren Hunter (Central Arkansas)
Langston Wilson (Washington)
Joshua Rivera (Lafayette)
Mike Meadows (Portland)
Josh Cohen (St. Francis PA)
De'Anthony Tipler (ETSU)

Anyone missing?

What ever happened to 3 star? He use to argue that there was a pecking order. That schools like SLU would pick up power 5 transfers going down in class. From this list that doesn't seem to be the case. 

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I can go either way. But I have seen some names of players we're linked to that are low level players with not big numbers.  And Im not a fan of that. 

I can’t recall any names but in watching last week’s games, I was impressed by the number of mid major portal transfers contributing to P5 programs.

Just now, slu72 said:

I can’t recall any names but in watching last week’s games, I was impressed by the number of mid major portal transfers contributing to P5 programs.

You can make a lot of arguments defending both ways. I don't think there's a right and wrong.  VCU picked up 2 guys from Michigan who both saw a lot of minutes. 

Just now, wgstl said:

You can make a lot of arguments defending both ways. I don't think there's a right and wrong.  VCU picked up 2 guys from Michigan who both saw a lot of minutes. 

I agree totally and Bess, Okoro, and Pickett come to mind for SLU as P5 guys who took a step down and did rather well. Linnsen is an example of the reverse. I wished he’d of stayed this year. The portal really is a bit of a crap shoot. 

17 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Get me these 5 and we're dancing

All five are getting a lot of power conference interest. Battle is probably the most out of reach - a quick search shows UCLA, Louisville, and others in hot pursuit. He's one of the top names in the portal so far.

Jennings had a huge list but we're very much in the mix. Same with Noland.

I like Hutchins-Everett but it makes me wonder if that means one of the incoming bigs or Cisse would be pushed out. I don't think we'd stock 4 centers on the roster.

4 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I agree totally and Bess, Okoro, and Pickett come to mind for SLU as P5 guys who took a step down and did rather well. Linnsen is an example of the reverse. I wished he’d of stayed this year. The portal really is a bit of a crap shoot. 

Ya, I really wish we could have gotten Linnsen NIL $ to stay one more year.  He was very vocal, one of the things we missed the most this year. 

Javon Bess P5 transfer

Tremaine Isabell P5- down- back up

Gotta be able to evaluate the individual player, team needs and fit to your system. 

You going to run and gun transition? Fast guys that can shoot and dunk. 

Wanna run Princeton offense? Smart, passers that can shoot. 

Motion? Dudes that move well without the ball andset screens.

Anyway you get the point.  It's ad hoc, based on your needs and fit. 

Bizziken likes this

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

All five are getting a lot of power conference interest. Battle is probably the most out of reach - a quick search shows UCLA, Louisville, and others in hot pursuit. He's one of the top names in the portal so far.

I like Hutchins-Everett but it makes me wonder if that means one of the incoming bigs or Cisse would be pushed out. I don't think we'd stock 4 centers on the roster.

I do personally think a center gets pushed out, we cannot afford to go into next year with who we have imo.  Ones a frosh, one seems like a project, and one still just not ready. 

7 minutes ago, Pistol said:

We absolutely need an experienced big. Could Vice be considered a 4? Also, frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Cisse is not back.

slu72 likes this

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

Its a figure of speech, no one would actually do that. You're taking things too literality. You and BFF really want to paint this picture that is simply not there. Fans don't hate Ford. He has been good for the program to get us out of where we were.  Most just think its time to move on. 

if you say so, agree fans dont hate ford mbm's certainly hate his COACHING

6 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I do personally think a center gets pushed out, we cannot afford to go into next year with who we have imo.  Ones a frosh, one seems like a project, and one still just not ready. 

I wonder if they’re not looking at Vice as more of a PF and not  a C.

2 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I wonder if they’re not looking at Vice as more of a PF and not  a C.

I think both, potentially.  It will depend on how ready he is.  If he is ready for a frosh, I think that's the best way to get him minutes.  Its easier to play PF in the A10, so maybe get him minutes there?

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Adding Keshon Gilbert (UNLV).

Apologies for interrupting the bickering.

I like this guy's numbers - good size, versatile game, probably needs to cut down on turnovers a bit, but he seems like a player on the rise with a local connection.

41 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Javon Bess P5 transfer

Tremaine Isabell P5- down- back up

Gotta be able to evaluate the individual player, team needs and fit to your system. 

You going to run and gun transition? Fast guys that can shoot and dunk. 

Wanna run Princeton offense? Smart, passers that can shoot. 

Motion? Dudes that move well without the ball andset screens.

Anyway you get the point.  It's ad hoc, based on your needs and fit. 

Bess (MSU), Foreman (Rutgers), Wiley (Maryland), Okoro (Oregon), Rashed Anthony (Seton Hall), Isabell/Pickett (Mizzery), and arguably Forrester (Indiana recruit) were all Power 6 caliber players.

Weaver (E. Ky), Linssen (Valpo/Wilmington), Jones (C. Ark), and Rashad Williams (Clev St/Oakland) were all smaller school guys.

I feel like we've clearly had more success with P6 recruited players. That would be my preference for sure. 

Just now, ACE said:

I like this guy's numbers - good size, versatile game, probably needs to cut down on turnovers a bit, but he seems like a player on the rise with a local connection.

Im 10000% locked in on the Gilbert train. 

Per 40 stats are Ace baldwin level with offense and defense 

16.6 ppg, 2.4 steals(!), 4.6 assists, 5.6 reb, 38% from 3, and 46% FG.  His TO are too high, really his only problem. 

3 minutes ago, Hook97 said:

All I want to say is, I paid $200 for two season tickets, got to go to a beautiful arena 18 times and watch my favorite team play a lot of mostly good and some bad basketball and go 15-3 at home. I have a suspicion that some of your posters do not even go to basketball games. 

I also paid $200 for season tickets, missed two games all year (one due to illness, the other due to family commitments). I will be renewing my season tickets for the foreseeable future (and likely upgrade at some point) so long as I live in St. Louis. The vast majority of posters that are local to St Louis are also season ticket holders.

If you were happy with the product you saw, more power to you. Personally, I don’t think blowing an 18 point lead to SIUE inside our beautiful arena is acceptable, but that’s just me. 

11 minutes ago, wgstl said:

16.6 ppg, 2.4 steals(!), 4.6 assists, 5.6 reb, 38% from 3, and 46% FG.  His TO are too high, really his only problem. 

Gilbert is also high on my wish list. Would fit perfectly on Blue Steal. In addition to 46/38 his FT% last season was 78.

19 minutes ago, wgstl said:

I love the efficiency. I like our chances with the minutes we have to sell but I shouldn’t get too attached to guys in the portal

2 minutes ago, NoCoBillsFan said:

I love the efficiency. I like our chances with the minutes we have to sell but I shouldn’t get too attached to guys in the portal

Im only getting as attached as I am due to the local ties for this one.  Otherwise Im right with you. 

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

1 hour ago, ACE said:

We absolutely need an experienced big. Could Vice be considered a 4? Also, frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Cisse is not back.

We could go with experience at the 4 and not even run a 5 at times, depending on what we're able to land in the PF mold.

It also appears that SLU is targeting primarily multi-year transfers and not grad transfers. Which I agree with.

1 hour ago, ACE said:

I know Cisse was only a freshman, but it's going to take a lot of work to get him servicable. I'd much rather see what Vice or Zhang can do if someone is getting pushed out. I also think SLU under-recruits bigs every year, but would be nice if we could find a stretch big.

kmbilliken likes this

Just now, Bilzz said:

I know Cisse was only a freshman, but it's going to take a lot of work to get him servicable. I'd much rather see what Vice or Zhang can do if someone is getting pushed out. I also think SLU under-recruits bigs every year, but would be nice if we could find a stretch big.

Vice can shoot.

Bilzz likes this