Transfers - 2023

ACE

7 hours ago, thetorch said:

I will try to get back on track.

Per multiple sources Dandridge is a done deal. Should be on campus by the end of the week if not now. Waiting on a couple small things and he will announce.

When you say “a couple small things” I assume that means waiting for the check to clear.

VeniceMenace likes this

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

You can put a poster on total ignore, posts, messages and mentions. I have two on my list. No need to even receive messages from someone you have no use for. 

Hard to put a poster on ignore when they have 3+ accounts and a VPN fired up in mom’s basement. 

BBF has offered nothing to this board except harassment to other posters this entire offseason. Not sure why he’s still here. 

2 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Hard to put a poster on ignore when they have 3+ accounts and a VPN fired up in mom’s basement. 

BBF has offered nothing to this board except harassment to other posters this entire offseason. Not sure why he’s still here. 

Harassment to other posters...you mean like quoting them? Please share what constructive elements you bring to the board? Waiting...

3 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Glad I was able to smoke them out of their hole.

I am sure you are and it was so easy. All you had to do was to spread an unsubstantiated internet rumor to smear a public figure who is by far the best media supporter SLU has; to call him a fake Christian; to call him a profane, vulgar name, to mock and ridicule a good and decent man about his weight and to then have the audacity to whine about a private message that called you out for your despicable behavior which was sent weeks ago and then lie that you were threatened in a pathetic attempt to gain sympathy from your buddies. Yep, you should be as proud as a peacock. 🙄

AGB91, BIG BILL FAN and DOC like this

1 hour ago, HenryB said:

Harassment to other posters...you mean like quoting them? Please share what constructive elements you bring to the board? Waiting...

Why do you care since he was talking about..... ooooooooooooh nvm I get it now

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Why do you care since he was talking about..... ooooooooooooh nvm I get it now

Says plenty about you that as long as something doesn't happen to you, you don't give a damn. Amazing you are so willing to defend such disgusting behavior. Guess attitudes like yours make it more understandable why our country is such a dumpster fire.

PS...if you really want to know the truth ask BBF to share the message with you...that's what I did. But then again it's just so much easier to join up with the mob.

3 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Honestly getting BBF and Henry banned makes this a successful off-season regardless of what the actual team does 

So...another supporter for calling friends of the program fake Christians and vulgar names. Why am I not surprised? 

1 minute ago, HenryB said:

Says plenty about you that as long as something doesn't happen to you, you don't give a damn. Amazing you are so willing to defend such disgusting behavior. Guess attitudes like yours make it more understandable why our country is such a dumpster fire.

reading is hard. 

12 hours ago, thetorch said:

I will try to get back on track.

Per multiple sources Dandridge is a done deal. Should be on campus by the end of the week if not now. Waiting on a couple small things and he will announce.

Interesting. Looks like a fairly well done job by Ford to retool. Excited to get back to Chaifetz to watch some billiken hoops this year and to cheer on the new look bills. 

9 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Interesting. Looks like a fairly well done job by Ford to retool. Excited to get back to Chaifetz to watch some billiken hoops this year and to cheer on the new look bills. 

The new look Bills are really a bunch of question marks. But you’re right, it will be interesting to see how this team performs on the court. It’s pretty clear he does not have a squad filled with proven talent that we’ve seen from Ford’s prior seasons. Talent that he wasn’t able to mold into dance teams, save for one year.

I don’t have high expectations for this team with or without Dandridge. My hope is he can develop them into a decent team come mid January thru season’s end and then keep the core pieces in place for 24-25. Of course this assumes he’s still around for the 24-25 season. 

42 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

If Dandridge to SLU is true, you couldn't have filled that last spot with a better player given the circumstances. Intriguing group coming in. Having said that, I've reached Will Hunting levels of attachment disorder with this basketball program. Don't want to get too close because I'm sick of crying myself to sleep every night in February and March. I also don't want to jinx it but I'm going in with a 15th place A10 finish mentality which I hope translates to a National Championship.

It's not my fault....It's not my fault....It's not my fault.....

Assuming Dandridge is coming in - I really like the pieces that Travis and staff brought in this off-season. I'm not saying that we're going to win the league, but I think that there are enough question marks and upside around the roster to compete in a weak A10. Our main focus right now should be getting a waiver for Ezewiro. 

Looking just at the off-season additions: 

Curcic and Magassa (Not really sure what to expect but intrigued by the upside - feel like Curcic will be an immediate impact ball handler off the bench)

Dalger - feel like he has the potential to start right away and will be a real impact scorer for us. 

Dandridge - solid big who will play 30+ minutes a night for us, don't know if he will be able to but need him to have more of an impact than Okoro did last year. 

Ezewiro - fingers crossed he can get his waiver figured out, but I think he can be a bully down low coming off the bench. Needs to fill out the Forrester minutes. 

Van Bussel - negative clue what to expect, don't expect him to play this year based off limited tape. 

Jimmerson - convincing him to stay rather than grad transferring in this era should be a huge feather in Ford's cap. 

Medley - after losing Noland and bringing in guys with more question marks, a lot is going to be asked of the freshman, seems excited to take on the challenge, love his passion already. 

Zheng - just get over here already.

Plus the two assistant coaches - can already feel their impacts, think both can be a big benefit to us. 

Off-season blunders:

Brock Vice - had really high expectations for him, think he will be a solid player at Creighton. That program appears to be a great fit for him, didn't realize his connection to Forte. 

Noland - didn't honestly have the highest expectations for him, but would have been a experienced ball handler that we needed. Considering the Curcic addition, feels like we got the more risky higher upside guy in that swap. curious to see how he progresses at North Texas.

Forte - losing forte hurt as it most likely resulted in losing the previous two guys, other than that, don't really care.

I probably missed a few things, but all in all, i'm excited to see what this team can turn into next year. That's a lot more than I would have said three weeks ago.

4 minutes ago, gabriel said:

Assuming Dandridge is coming in - I really like the pieces that Travis and staff brought in this off-season. I'm not saying that we're going to win the league, but I think that there are enough question marks and upside around the roster to compete in a weak A10. Our main focus right now should be getting a waiver for Ezewiro. 

Looking just at the off-season additions: 

Curcic and Magassa (Not really sure what to expect but intrigued by the upside - feel like Curcic will be an immediate impact ball handler off the bench)

Dalger - feel like he has the potential to start right away and will be a real impact scorer for us. 

Dandridge - solid big who will play 30+ minutes a night for us, don't know if he will be able to but need him to have more of an impact than Okoro did last year. 

Ezewiro - fingers crossed he can get his waiver figured out, but I think he can be a bully down low coming off the bench. Needs to fill out the Forrester minutes. 

Van Bussel - negative clue what to expect, don't expect him to play this year based off limited tape. 

Jimmerson - convincing him to stay rather than grad transferring in this era should be a huge feather in Ford's cap. 

Medley - after losing Noland and bringing in guys with more question marks, a lot is going to be asked of the freshman, seems excited to take on the challenge, love his passion already. 

Zheng - just get over here already.

Plus the two assistant coaches - can already feel their impacts, think both can be a big benefit to us. 

Off-season blunders:

Brock Vice - had really high expectations for him, think he will be a solid player at Creighton. That program appears to be a great fit for him, didn't realize his connection to Forte. 

Noland - didn't honestly have the highest expectations for him, but would have been a experienced ball handler that we needed. Considering the Curcic addition, feels like we got the more risky higher upside guy in that swap. curious to see how he progresses at North Texas.

Forte - losing forte hurt as it most likely resulted in losing the previous two guys, other than that, don't really care.

I probably missed a few things, but all in all, i'm excited to see what this team can turn into next year. That's a lot more than I would have said three weeks ago.

Bruce is here. Dandridge will likely see around 20 mpg. Curcic will play right away like Cian. And dalger will be a massive defensive liability unless he vastly improves. 

JMM28 likes this

3 hours ago, wgstl said:

Bruce is here. Dandridge will likely see around 20 mpg. Curcic will play right away like Cian. And dalger will be a massive defensive liability unless he vastly improves. 

How many of Dalger’s games did you see? Did Tulsa play man or zone?  Was he assigned to the opponent’s toughest scorer or weakest?  How do you know he will be a defensive liability? 

gabriel likes this

10 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

How many of Dalger’s games did you see? Did Tulsa play man or zone?  Was he assigned to the opponent’s toughest scorer or weakest?  How do you know he will be a defensive liability? 

Because his D ratings per T-rank are horrendous. Sure it could be due to some things that factor in to it but we’re still talking about one of the worst rated defenders on one of the worst teams in all of D1 defensively. I’m hoping it’s largely due to maybe players not buying in because the team is so bad etc. 

To this MBM who never played the game, defense seems even more team dependent than offense. The Legend could take over games single-handedly, but a defensive stopper on a weak defensive team could be worked around by an opponent with a few good offensive options. Not saying that describes Dalger, just saying.

gabriel likes this

26 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Because his D ratings per T-rank are horrendous. Sure it could be due to some things that factor in to it but we’re still talking about one of the worst rated defenders on one of the worst teams in all of D1 defensively. I’m hoping it’s largely due to maybe players not buying in because the team is so bad etc. 

So you have never seen him play, have no idea of Tulsa’s scheme, and he is a defensive liability. Ok.
If you want to cherry pick defensive stats he is with Hughes and Thatch in DBPM and DWS. I’m going to watch him play before I declare him a defensive liability or a defensive stopper. 

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

So you have never seen him play, have no idea of Tulsa’s scheme, and he is a defensive liability. Ok.
If you want to cherry pick defensive stats he is with Hughes and Thatch in DBPM and DWS. I’m going to watch him play before I declare him a defensive liability or a defensive stopper. 

I didn’t say those, I said Trank. And don’t be difficult, you’re being difficult. 

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Like most teams Tulsa switched defenses a lot but their base is man to man as is 99% of college ball.

Game film, stats, advanced anylytics, scouting reports are all available on Dalger.  A simple google search will tell you he's a bad defender.  Why don't you watch the multitudes of tape available on Dalger.

BilliesBy40 and Band Legend like this

2 minutes ago, dlarry said:

There are definitely reasons to be concerned. 

I do think he can be better, and as I said I’m hoping the reason was lack of interest in a bad team. But as it stands, metrics involved, he hasn’t been good 

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

I didn’t say those, I said Trank. And don’t be difficult, you’re being difficult. 

Me?  I’m not the one calling him a defensive liability, without watching his games. I have watched zero minutes of his play too. 

Reading up on Dalger on the Tulsa website, he had a back injury early last season. 

I’m willing to give him a chance to show what he can or can’t do in the OOC without putting a label on him. You should too. 

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

Me?  I’m not the one calling him a defensive liability, without watching his games. I have watched zero minutes of his play too. 

I’m willing to give him a chance to show what he can or can’t do without putting a label on him. You should too. 

I mean, we can do that or say that about any player in any sport, ever. No one has time for that, and that’s why it’s common for coaches, analyst, etc to go off these metrics. Of course I’m going to give him a chance, that’s silly to think otherwise. But as it stands, given what we know, that’s just the reality. And that’s OK. Also, givin his offensive output, if his defense was actually just OK he would not be the 60th or whatever it was best transfer at PF.