GDT: Dayton; No Joking Matter, Thank the Seniors

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There were many comments right on ... Soderball saying the best we've played in a while.  The refs taking Camara out for us.  The T on Perkins was bull.  Ditto if it was on Okoro.  Okoro played with passion and fire.  Chaifetz cherred with passion and fire.  Crowd looked great.  Every run they made, we answered.

Thought the nine point lead put us right where Dayton wanted us.  Almost.  Hero ball at the end resulted in two Collins' turnovers.  The inbounds gaffe is on Ford --- I've been saying all year why don't wse have a full court inbounds play???? Expecting Collins to break through a double team is madness.  Up a bucket in FGs.  Down two threes.  Nine of nine from line to their five wins it.  Even the stats say even ballgame.  Plus 4 on the boards.  Down one in assists.  Down one in steals, up 5 in blocks.  Up 4 in turnovers.  This game is in Dayton and we get homered.  Dayton fans now saying the same tonight.  Good.  

As for tomorrow, I'd like to avoid Fordham if we can.  

Nice close.  Thank you Seniors.

12 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

There were many comments right on ... Soderball saying the best we've played in a while.  The refs taking Camara out for us.  The T on Perkins was bull.  Ditto if it was on Okoro.  Okoro played with passion and fire.  Chaifetz cherred with passion and fire.  Crowd looked great.  Every run they made, we answered.

Thought the nine point lead put us right where Dayton wanted us.  Almost.  Hero ball at the end resulted in two Collins' turnovers.  The inbounds gaffe is on Ford --- I've been saying all year why don't wse have a full court inbounds play???? Expecting Collins to break through a double team is madness.  Up a bucket in FGs.  Down two threes.  Nine of nine from line to their five wins it.  Even the stats say even ballgame.  Plus 4 on the boards.  Down one in assists.  Down one in steals, up 5 in blocks.  Up 4 in turnovers.  This game is in Dayton and we get homered.  Dayton fans now saying the same tonight.  Good.  

As for tomorrow, I'd like to avoid Fordham if we can.  

Nice close.  Thank you Seniors.

I’d rather be up 3 or 4 points instead of 9.  We get comfortable and tend to blow leads if it’s anything more than a couple possession lead.  Very weird, but a reality with this group 

58 minutes ago, Soderball said:

Both teams tried to give up the game. Got some good help from the stripes and clutch clutch FTs by Perkins. Can't believe they didn't foul Franco. Bills win.

On to the tournament. Noone in this league is at large quality. It's going to be a fistfight.

They weren’t guarding him on the play. He smartly got the ball back to Collins. 

4 hours ago, Soderball said:

especially in the era of NIL these guys are paid pros. If you want to stay, stay. If you don't, get home safe and quick.

Hand-wringing about this subject is nuts. Advocate people stay, sure, good. There's nice words stated, it's a nice ceremony.

Attaching guilt trips to not celebrating paid athletes is nuts. Their families will be there. They will be fine. Donate to Cardinal Glennon hospital or the Shriner's or something if you want to make up your good deed points. Some perspective here, MBMs, please.

You are overreacting to this so much you must feel guilty 

VeniceMenace likes this

Well I am pleasantly surprised. I honestly didn’t think they had a chance. 

I was expecting them to roll over and play dead! 
Hopefully this is the win that finally gets them going. 

nice work Bills!

Congrats seniors! 

Keep on winning!! 

24 points in the second half and we still win!  Been saying all year, you’re just gonna have those games where it’s not falling but you have to play hard defense to grind it out. Great crowd.  Nice way to go out for the seniors.

we’ll see how much they wanna keep playing next week.

Adman and MariaReynolds like this

Don't want to take anything away from last night. It was our best 40 minutes in maybe 3 months. But Dayton is worse than I realized.

I wanted to believe this prior to this week, but deep down I probably didn't. But after this week, I really think we can win it all in Brooklyn. We are as good as anyone when we play 40 minutes of basketball. Which i know we don't do enough and that's 90% of the problem. But I think we will in Brooklyn. 

55 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Don't want to take anything away from last night. It was our best 40 minutes in maybe 3 months. But Dayton is worse than I realized.

I wanted to believe this prior to this week, but deep down I probably didn't. But after this week, I really think we can win it all in Brooklyn. We are as good as anyone when we play 40 minutes of basketball. Which i know we don't do enough and that's 90% of the problem. But I think we will in Brooklyn. 

We won because of defensive stops and refs that fairly let each team play. Win with defense! 

1 hour ago, slufan13 said:

Daytons offense isn’t very good, and vcu is full of great athletes who lack basketball skill. 

I have no problem with how the game was called, but I have never seen a college game where one team was called for three fouls in a half, and they were all on the same player.

Dayton had only 4 TO's.  We had 2 steals.  These areas need improvement but kind of late for that.  Playing Hughes Jr more would help in these categories.  For me, he is our best perimeter defender, by far.

I was expecting a larger crowd, looking for a sell out.  The student section was awesome.  The band should have set up two rows lower to allow more students to fill in.  The 9699 pushed our announced average attendance for the year over 7000, which is the 6th highest in Chaifetz history.  What is weird is that the attendance for the Boise State game was never reported, so put an asterisk on the numbers.

Elvis and Sharavjamts both ended the game with injuries.  Mongo Mike didn't play in the second half and Elvis and Amzil hit knees on the final play.

billiken_roy likes this

9 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

The band should have set up two rows lower to allow more students to fill in. 

From experience, this presents logistical and safety issues for the band, though I understand what you're saying.

1 hour ago, slufan13 said:

i think dayton is the best team in the conference.   except for the first 3 minutes of the second half, the billikens pretty much had their best defensive effort of the year imo.   that shouldnt reflect on dayton.   that is a credit to us finally stepping up.

that said, the billikens cannot come out every second half sleep walking wth?   that almost cost us the game imo.