GDT: Dayton; No Joking Matter, Thank the Seniors

It has been a rough year, but I encourage everyone to come out tonight to thank the seniors and graduating players for all they have contributed to the program.

Go Bills!

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad that it’s, likely, the last home game for Gibson and Yuri (barring hosting an NIT game). 

But, they’ve put in their time, and deserve the chance to do something different. 

23 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

and please folks, it's Friday.   there likely is no reason to have to beat the traffic and leave early or even immediately after teh game.  no matter what the game outcome is, please stick around for the post game ceremony and all the honors of the departing players is over.   show them that respect for the years they have put in as our Billikens.  think of it this way, if the players concerned included your son or daughter, how would you feel if the stands are emptying and people are leaving.   a few minutes after the game wont kill you.  Please stay.   

Your comments are true and correct, but you might as well post your 'disappointed in those that left' comments now.

Yeah this season has sucked but I'd still like to end the home slate on a positive note plus you always want to beat Dayton. And I still think the A10 is shi.tty enough that if we play well for 3 days, we can win it all in Brooklyn

57 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

and please folks, it's Friday.   there likely is no reason to have to beat the traffic and leave early or even immediately after teh game.  no matter what the game outcome is, please stick around for the post game ceremony and all the honors of the departing players is over.   show them that respect for the years they have put in as our Billikens.  think of it this way, if the players concerned included your son or daughter, how would you feel if the stands are emptying and people are leaving.   a few minutes after the game wont kill you.  Please stay.   

It's also an early game; there's still time to get grub after the ceremony.

3 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Your comments are true and correct, but you might as well post your 'disappointed in those that left' comments now.

Confession time: I don't think I've ever stayed.

Largely cause I think the post game is incredibly dumb, far more likely to be in attendance if it was before hand. 

5 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Wow...........you kind of suck......

I go to nearly every single game(normally all but 1) and get there before tip and stay till the very end.  You guys will be ok. 

HoosierPal likes this

-after the game makes complete sense after witnessing too many before the game ceremonies where the players become emotional wrecks and can't perform and it allows more time for a proper sendoff versus some rushed, minor acknowledgement

-now, with NIL and the portal, are these the last of the 4 year players we will see?

6 minutes ago, Cowboy II said:

-after the game makes complete sense after witnessing too many before the game ceremonies where the players become emotional wrecks and can't perform and it allows more time for a proper sendoff versus some rushed, minor acknowledgement

-now, with NIL and the portal, are these the last of the 4 year players we will see?

Good question. Is it proper to give someone a send off like this if he spent the first 3 years other places before coming here the senior year? 

44 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

Sr. Day ceremonies should be before the game. Doesn’t make sense to do it after.

i gave up that fight back in the rickma days.   but for the record i agree with you.  of course our fans are notorious for showing up a minute after tipoff (probably the same ones leaving early to "beat the traffic") so the same number of embarrassing empty seats either way.

Billiken Rich likes this